PlayOn!HD Media Player Review

Hi thomasalex ,

I too have been looking at picking the same. Let me know whats your plan.

The US rates are almost 70% of Indian prices.

This deal I am getting at 165 USD

AC Ryan PlayOnHD with free HDMI Cable & Wireless USB - eBay (item 220538528624 end time Sep-07-10 12:03:22 PDT)

gadgetcrazy was able to buy from the bangalore dealer at 10.5k including the wifi dongle and hdmi cable on a deal of 5 pieces.

buying from the US- what about the warranty. the local ones have 2 years warranty.

i got offer from aquatronics at 10.5K with out the dongle for a single purchase.

well if the ballpark is coming to 10.5K etc, we surely can look at this option with negotiation.

What we can do is start a new thread for "Potential Buyers of AC Ryan POHD"

I had done something like this for LG PK550 TV.. and we ended up getting around 4-5 K off from regular prices.

And yes the US warranty etc will be invalid in India.

well if the ballpark is coming to 10.5K etc, we surely can look at this option with negotiation.

What we can do is start a new thread for "Potential Buyers of AC Ryan POHD"

I had done something like this for LG PK550 TV.. and we ended up getting around 4-5 K off from regular prices.

And yes the US warranty etc will be invalid in India.

Kindly start such a thread as i too would be interested in joining a buly buying group, unfortunately i an based in mumbai though.

Might have 4 , Shaiju Thomas from Mumbai too is on the lookout for HD Media player.

@illusion_heart - Like the sound of those words - "buly buying group" :)

Where-to-buy

they have buying option in Mumbai too

Can this player download torrent from bwtorrent & iptorrent ,if yes then i m going to buy this m player.
REGARDS

The bigger playon can download but not the mini version (atleast currently). The mini also should support but it has been in the works for quite some time now. If you want to play safe then it would be the original/bigger PlayOn.

The bigger playon can download but not the mini version (atleast currently). The mini also should support but it has been in the works for quite some time now. If you want to play safe then it would be the original/bigger PlayOn.

Mate, any idea what are the current prices for Mini and the bigger brother..

The mini is 7.7K; I got an offer for playon Hd w/o wifi for 10.5k. There are others who had taken bulk purchase who have got with wifi and shipping and hdmi cable at 10.5k.
so lets try with a bigger number and try to buy at something lower.

hi all,
i am facing a problem these days while playing movies in my play on.

after sometime of the playback i am getting a message "IO error stop play back"
when i press confirm, the system boots.I tried again and the same thing happens again.this happened thrice recently when i played the files from my WD Elements 1 TB external HDD.

has anybody experienced this problem.pls suggest a solution as this is very annoying.
thanks,
Dijeesh.

What movie types are giving you the problem?
Have you checked the HDD for errors?
Try to upgrade the player firmware.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back