Please Advise : Home Theatre 9.2 Dolby Atmos Configuration at Hyderabad

rajendra_mba2002

Hi all,

Am a new bee to Home Theatre systems ! The last best quality (??) audio system that I ever used was a JBL SB 350 and I didn't even know what a 5.1 or a 7.2 is till today morning :eek:

So would like to rely upon the expert advice of this forum members for a good Configuration.
Here are few details...

Home : Individual villa at Hyderabad
Room : Dedicated Home Theatre room with dimensions of 11.7 feet X 23.45 feet
Construction Stage : Still at false ceiling stage - acoustics not done.
Budget : 4 - 5 lacs
Looking for : 9.2 Dolby Atmos Configuration with a 4K over head Projector (dont need a Bluray player) - want this to be future ready (wouldnt change this set up for at least 5 years)
Content to be watched : (max 2 hrs per day) mostly movies - streamed or downloaded content.
Timeline : want to finalize within 1 week.

Could you please guide me on this journey please?
Am a huge movie buff and have always admired the audio & visual quality of the content - though didnt know the details of the equipment behind. :rolleyes:

Also any references to good Home Theatre set up vendors in Hyderabad, please?
Any help from the Hyderabad based forum members in personally guiding me would be highly appreciated & respected.

Thank you for all your time & support.

Regards,
Rajendra

Attachments

• Home Theatre room dimensions.pdf
    168.4 KB · Views: 72
Hi all,

Am a new bee to Home Theatre systems ! The last best quality (??) audio system that I ever used was a JBL SB 350 and I didn't even know what a 5.1 or a 7.2 is till today morning :eek:

So would like to rely upon the expert advice of this forum members for a good Configuration.
Here are few details...

Looking for : 9.2 Dolby Atmos Configuration with a 4K over head Projector (dont need a Bluray player) - want this to be future ready (wouldnt change this set up for at least 5 years)
Content to be watched : (max 2 hrs per day) mostly movies - streamed or downloaded content.

Am a huge movie buff and have always admired the audio & visual quality of the content - though didnt know the details of the equipment behind. :rolleyes:

Any help from the Hyderabad based forum members in personally guiding me would be highly appreciated & respected.

Regards,
Rajendra
9.2 so for atoms the layout is like this. 5.2.4 or 7.2.2. The first 5 and 7 are the floor lay out. Second .2 refers to number of subwoofers and the last 4 and 2 refers to height lay out that is the ceiling speakers for atmos. For your room size to have an immersive experience you definitely will need a lot of power. 5 lakhs fixed or willing to expand your budget? Avr you can check with Marantz 6013 which should be available for 85k. Subwoofer definitely you should go dual. I’ll suggest 2 price segments. First the economic route dual bic pl-200ii which will cost you 80k. Then if you want more powerful, tight and quality bass dual xtz 12.17 which will cost you 1.4-1.5 lakh. So now you need 9 speakers. Look at high sensitivity speakers and you will have to audition a variety of speakers and choose according to your taste. The usual suspects are Taga harmony for the economic route and then you have Polk, Dali, Qacoustics, kef and a huge variety of brands. Ceiling speakers shouldn’t cost u much 4 speakers should cost you around 30 k. So for 1-1.5 lakhs you can check out 5.0 speakers available for the mentioned brands. Wait for other FM’s inputs you will get a huge variety of combos to choose from. Audition is the most important factor

You should first visit the showrooms for a demo of various systems. They will give you a fair idea of the sound. The audio people, profx, vector systems are some showrooms who also install and will guide you.

Am a new bee to Home Theatre systems ! The last best quality (??) audio system that I ever used was a JBL SB 350 and I didn't even know what a 5.1 or a 7.2 is till today morning

Welcome to the world of HT enthusiasist's..

Looking at you room dimension, a 9.2.4 set up is very good.. but it might be exceeding your budget, a 7.2.4 setup is very much possible..

Denon x 3600 would be the cheapest 9.2 AVR with 11.2 pre-outs..There are other offerings too from Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer and Onkyo..Please check on what is the best deal you would get for a 11.2 pre-out capable AVR..

Dual subs would be good..Choice of brand upto you depending on best deal you get..

For surrounds, bipoles might be a good option as you have 4 seats spread along the length..

For surround back bookshelf should do..

Since you already have false ceiling, adding inceiling speakers for heights would be easy..

4K projectors, no idea on that..But they would be on the expensive side abt 1.5 lacs..

For a dedicated room, not sure if you have considered Acoustic Transperant screen to replicate the near perfect HT experience..Please do consider as you can place the fronts behind it..

If you would have a retractable or fixed vinyl screen, you will be forced to put the center below the screen..

hey all - thanks for all the valuable inputs - have decided to wait till the Whathifi show in Hyd on 30th Aug. Between wanted to check on AV receiver - which one would you recommend Denon X3600H or Marantz SR6013 ?

hi all - planning to go for a 7.1.2 set up based on the room size of 11.7 feet X 23.45 feet....have attended the Whathifi show in Hyderabad as well as auditioned some of the set ups at multiple vendors in Hyderabad. Didnt like the Polk, Jamo, Klipsch setups - may be the room / configs were bad. Liked Kef R7, B&W 603, Focal Chorus 716 set ups. Yet to audition QAcoustics Concept 40 set up.

Have been getting multiple quotes and set ups and am super confused !
Need the help of this esteemed forum members to finalize and help me set up my very first Home Theatre please.

Budget : Am willing to extend beyond my earlier 5 lacs : would go upto 7 lacs

Here's what I have short listed so far....
AVR : Marantz SR 6013 (getting this for Rs. 90000 with warranty + bill : but will be shipped by a Pune based vendor - Sparkal Systems - How safe & secured is that?

Projector : Benq W1700 or Benq TK800M or Epson TW9400 or Sony VPL45ES
(am more of a videophile - love deep blacks)
Which one would u recommend? - would not be changing the projector at least for 5 years+

Acoustics : should I get the acoustics done? Will there be a significant difference? There is an ongoing construction next door and am afraid that the soft material of acoustics treatment will have lot of dust stuck to it.

Speaker Set Ups

Option 1 :
7.1 set up : B&W 603 ( pair), B&W 607 (pair),B&W htm 6 (single), B&W asw-610 (single),B&W ccm 362 (pair)

Option 2 : 7.2.2 set up : Kef R7, R2C, T301, Q160, SVS PB1000 (Subwoofer)

Option 3 : 7.1.2 set up : Focal Chorus 716, CC700V, SR 700V, Focal Sub 300P, Focal ICW5

Option 4 : 7.1.2 set up : QAcoustics Concept 40, Concept Centre, Concept 20, QI 65 C, 2070i (Sub)

Would need a more punchy audio set-up as I am more into movies.

Unfortunately none of the vendors are able to provide the exact set up for demo - so dont know how any of this will sound.
Also, I see loads of varied prices on Ooberpad, Avstore.in, Indiamart, Amazon.

So, how much discounts can I usually seek from the local vendors when I am negotiating on the prices?
Will be traveling to US, Singapore next month - which of this stuff would you recommend that I get from there?
Is the warranty vs price difference + customs worth it?

Please guide me on this journey folks...
It has always been my dream to own up a Home Theatre and I dont want to mess it up in the first instance...

Thank you !

hi all - planning to go for a 7.1.2 set up based on the room size of 11.7 feet X 23.45 feet....have attended the Whathifi show in Hyderabad as well as auditioned some of the set ups at multiple vendors in Hyderabad. Didnt like the Polk, Jamo, Klipsch setups - may be the room / configs were bad. Liked Kef R7, B&W 603, Focal Chorus 716 set ups. Yet to audition QAcoustics Concept 40 set up.

Need the help of this esteemed forum members to finalize and help me set up my very first Home Theatre please.

AVR : Marantz SR 6013 (getting this for Rs. 90000 with warranty + bill : but will be shipped by a Pune based vendor - Sparkal Systems - How safe & secured is that?

Which one would u recommend? - would not be changing the projector at least for 5 years+

Acoustics : should I get the acoustics done? Will there be a significant difference? There is an ongoing construction next door and am afraid that the soft material of acoustics treatment will have lot of dust stuck to it.

Speaker Set Ups

Option 1 :
7.1 set up : B&W 603 ( pair), B&W 607 (pair),B&W htm 6 (single), B&W asw-610 (single),B&W ccm 362 (pair)

Option 3 : 7.1.2 set up : Focal Chorus 716, CC700V, SR 700V, Focal Sub 300P, Focal ICW5

Option 4 : 7.1.2 set up : QAcoustics Concept 40, Concept Centre, Concept 20, QI 65 C, 2070i (Sub)

Unfortunately none of the vendors are able to provide the exact set up for demo - so dont know how any of this will sound.

So, how much discounts can I usually seek from the local vendors when I am negotiating on the prices?
Will be traveling to US, Singapore next month - which of this stuff would you recommend that I get from there?

It has always been my dream to own up a Home Theatre and I dont want to mess it up in the first instance...

Thank you !
I will just cover your last part, since you are going to Singapore and USA next month, I would recommend you to get speakers and Sub from US and possibly get it along with your when you come back, you might end up paying customs but stills you save lot of money.

Since you can get steep as 7 L , I would recommend for acoustic treatment considering its your dedicated room for HT.

I will just cover your last part, since you are going to Singapore and USA next month, I would recommend you to get speakers and Sub from US and possibly get it along with your when you come back, you might end up paying customs but stills you save lot of money.

Since you can get steep as 7 L , I would recommend for acoustic treatment considering its your dedicated room for HT.
Please pardon my ignorance - if I get these from US - will the plugs + voltage specs be not different?
Is there a solution to get them adjusted to the India specs?

Hi all,

Here are few details...

Regards,
Rajendra
Hi

I am not that mature yet to give you any technical or pro advice, but I am giving you a small but important piece of advice based on my recent experience which was not so good. I spent close to 4 lacs and that proved to be totally wrong purchase. Now I am starting again from scratch.

Patience patience and more patience is the key to go about this hobby. Try to understand things first and then spend your money on right kind of equipment. As you mentioned that till this morning you had no idea about the channel configuration, that's completely ok no one is born with all the knowledge beforehand. But keeping 1 week to decide everything is too short of a period in my opinion even 2 months in your case would be too short. Depends on how to understand things and get avenues to demo various equipment. Just do not rush that's my only suggestion.

Good luck.

You should first decide on the brand for LCR (left center and right channel). Then you can then get surround and Atmos speakers from the same brand in your check-in bag without any customs issue if you open the original packaging. Also, you have the option to get large spools of speaker wire from bluejeanscable in the USA which is very well known in the audiophile community for quality.

Speaker Set Ups

Option 1 :

Thank you !
Hi...in your speaker option 4, avoid QA centre and subs. It will be underwhelming in your room.
Marantz sr6013 is an good AVR. Check with the seller regarding warranty and repair process. Do take note that it only has 9 channels of amplification. If you plan to add 2 more Atmos channel (which I think you should), you will require an external amplifier. For your room size, for best immersive experience, 4 Atmos speakers will be required.
Also, for your room size dual sub is a must unless you are planning for a couple of seat only.
I am in Singapore. If you need any advice on buying location, do let me know...

Enjoy your journey...

Go look at the demos in the city first. What matters is the sound and visual quality which involves the right kind of setup experience both in Acoustics and Visual calibration systems. See state of the art systems compare what you get at the price with others. See how value it is. Look at future upgrades. But do not under budget your setup. If you have lower budget make sure you get the right ones. It is tougher to get in the lower budget than in higher budget.

It is unfortunate that there is hardly any demo room in Hyderabad which is good but the truth is that you need to find the right people to do it.

Go look at the demos in the city first. What matters is the sound and visual quality which involves the right kind of setup experience both in Acoustics and Visual calibration systems. See state of the art systems compare what you get at the price with others. See how value it is. Look at future upgrades. But do not under budget your setup. If you have lower budget make sure you get the right ones. It is tougher to get in the lower budget than in higher budget.

It is unfortunate that there is hardly any demo room in Hyderabad which is good but the truth is that you need to find the right people to do it.
I totally agree with the point that there's hardly any good demo room in Hyderabad .

Getting to listen to your choice of systems is very difficult because the dealers don't have them in display or demo. You need to listen to at least the LCR with the Avr that you plan to go with to get a fair idea of how they sound. Singapore is a place where you could try out many brands.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back