Please help me in upgrading HT LCR speakers

How about Emotiva XPA 3 gen3
I haven’t personally heard them but it has good reviews.But you definitely can get better since you don’t have budget constraints.First finalise with LCR and later you can search for a matching PA. Use the marantz for surrounds and atmos.

Have been playing with Klipsch rp 8000f for two days. Firstly, before saying about my listening experience, I used to hate Klipsch speakers. I heard them when I was living in US, they were harsh with muddy vocals. However with rp 8000f in my HT totally changed my opinion, they sounded neutral with little bit forwarding sound and very very good at dynamic range, mostly they blended beautifully with my subs. So far I have spent around 20hrs in two days.

Finally, today (12/3) evening I have enabled atoms and ran Audyssey and watched Godzilla King of the monsters all I can is extraordinary. With Atmos and bass I have no words to say it can only be felt.
Day after tomorrow (14/3) I will start playing with Paradigm premier 700f and will post my experience.

Lastly, these Klipsch rp 8000f speakers are huge. Here the picture. Taken with phone camera hence quality is not good. Center speaker is Paradigm monitor 3.

Attachments

• IMG-20200312-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200312-WA0002.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 78
Today (14/3) started playing with Paradigm premier 700f and spent around 6hrs. The moment I fired up these speakers and listened, I knew I am going to end up with 800f(my friend doesn't have 800f so he offered 700f for home audition). I could feel the depth of each instrument played and vocals are so beautiful and rich. Klipsch rp 8000f lacks the depthness and sound felt shallow.

I think I may end up with Paradigm premier 800f unless I find any better alternative.
Picture with 700f in my HT.

Attachments

• IMG-20200314-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200314-WA0000.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 66
Hi @Kiran_B ,

You said about the Monitor 11 v7 blended beautifully with the subs..

I have the Monitor 9 v7, the little brother of the 11 and I'm liking it for movies with Marantz SR 7013 AV receiver, Paradigm Monitor Center 3, NHT super zero 2.1 surround and dual PB 1000 in my closed 2500 cu ft bedroom...

It sounds amazing for movies and I should say its a great step up from Marantz SR 5009 and I'm also hearing improvements in 2 ch mode as well.

I just want to know you or your friend who's dealing with the paradigms have evaluated the Monitor 9 or 11 with an integrated amp for music??

I'm looking at integrated amp especially PM8006 for integrating with SR 7013. (I don't need more power for movies.. I'm more than happy). I just wish the Monitor 9 sound more cleaner, fuller and more wider soundstage with an integrated amp.

If you have any experience or if I get your friend's(dealer who dealt you the paradigm) contact, it'll be very helpful to make a decision.

Thanks..

Hi @Kiran_B ,

You said about the Monitor 11 v7 blended beautifully with the subs..

I have the Monitor 9 v7, the little brother of the 11 and I'm liking it for movies with Marantz SR 7013 AV receiver, Paradigm Monitor Center 3, NHT super zero 2.1 surround and dual PB 1000 in my closed 2500 cu ft bedroom...

It sounds amazing for movies and I should say its a great step up from Marantz SR 5009 and I'm also hearing improvements in 2 ch mode as well.

I just want to know you or your friend who's dealing with the paradigms have evaluated the Monitor 9 or 11 with an integrated amp for music??

I'm looking at integrated amp especially PM8006 for integrating with SR 7013. (I don't need more power for movies.. I'm more than happy). I just wish the Monitor 9 sound more cleaner, fuller and more wider soundstage with an integrated amp.

If you have any experience or if I get your friend's(dealer who dealt you the paradigm) contact, it'll be very helpful to make a decision.

Thanks..
Sorry for the delayed response. I can't advice on music cause I hardly listen music in my HT. I usually listen music on blutooth speakers (JBL 2500rs speakers) so you can understand my music taste. Once the lockdown is over I will check with my dealer friend and let you know.
Emotiva XPA 3 GEN 3 is powering my front LCR and when I hear music in HT room I turn off the subs ( have three subs dual PB 2000s and Rythmik FV15HP) change the speakers to large and the bass produced by the front LR speakers along with vocals and dynamic sound stange sounds very beautiful.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delayed response. I can't advice on music cause I hardly listen music in my HT. I usually listen music on blutooth speakers (JBL 2500rs speakers) so you can understand my music taste. Once the lockdown is over I will check with my dealer friend and let you know.
Emotiva XPA 3 GEN 3 is powering my front LCR and when I hear music in HT room I turn off the subs ( have three subs dual PB 2000s and Rythmik FV15HP) change the speakers to large and the bass produced by the front LR speakers along with vocals and dynamic sound stange sounds very beautiful.

I too love my speakers without my M9 without subs for music and running full range mostly.. (of course it's not that bad with 2 SVS PB 1000's in my room). after thinking a lot, I feel like upgrading to a better speakers first would be a smarter choice since M9s aren't that harder speakers for a modern AVR like 7013.

May be I should be considering a Paradigm premier series since I love the sound signature of the Paradigms and seems like they are meant to be driven with AVRs as they have matching surrounds and centers.

I think you are buying an 800F.. If you get bored too soon, Have me on the buyer's list... :-D

I too love my speakers without my M9 without subs for music and running full range mostly.. (of course it's not that bad with 2 SVS PB 1000's in my room). after thinking a lot, I feel like upgrading to a better speakers first would be a smarter choice since M9s aren't that harder speakers for a modern AVR like 7013.

May be I should be considering a Paradigm premier series since I love the sound signature of the Paradigms and seems like they are meant to be driven with AVRs as they have matching surrounds and centers.

I think you are buying an 800F.. If you get bored too soon, Have me on the buyer's list... :-D
I bought 800f and center 600c. Luckily I picked them on 21st March along with Emotiva XPA 3 GEN 3.
I don't think would look for another speaker unless I get an opportunity to buy JTR speakers in India.

Hi
May be a late response , in case you havent finalised go active for the LCR as marantz 6013 has preouts.

I bought 800f and center 600c. Luckily I picked them on 21st March along with Emotiva XPA 3 GEN 3.
I don't think would look for another speaker unless I get an opportunity to buy JTR speakers in India.
Hi Kiran, I am new members of this forum. For my new Home I had shortlisted Paradigm Premiere 800F & 500C. As I could see from your post, you have been using it for last one year, How is your experience so far? Any feedback or further recommendations?

If you have, Please share contacts to enquire and audition it- that would much helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back