Please Help me with building a small NAS setup for home use.

dibs

Dear Friends

I a trying to configure a small NAS setup for home use. What I am looking for is a print server and a way to share external USB hard drives. I have gone through a few options of NAS adapters(as the adapters are not that costly) but am not too sure which one to select..
They are:
1) IOMEGA ICONNECT 4 USB DEVICE INTO WIFI INET Data STATION | eBay

2) Pogoplug Series 4 Backup Device [Newest Version]-RBG | eBay

3) USB LAN Network Server 2 USB, UPN/ NAS/ FTP/SAMBA, Printer Sharing, BitTorrent | eBay

4) iBall Baton 4 Port Gigabit Network USB Sharer - Share USB Product in LAN | eBay

5) WINSTARS 4-Port USB 2.0 Server Sharer to Share Printer Scanner Hard Disk on LAN | eBay

Amongst the above, the first one from IOMEGA seems to be reliable.
Also the torrent download feature is an added advantage.
I have a cable internet connection(I log in using the 24Online web client or the 24Online desktop client) configured through a Belkin wifi router. So am not sure if the torrent feature would work as a standalone method.

As I am new to this NAS concept, I would appreciate if one of you can provide me with some expert guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Dibs.

Hi Friends
Please can someone provide me with their valuable input.

Regards
Dibs

Hi

I am selling my Synology DS212j NAS as I have upgraded to DS413j. The product is 3-4 months old and is working perfectly.

Do a google for the product and you will know what its capable of. (including toorent downloading) Price on Amazon is 14K. I am offering it for 11K excluding the shipping cost. PM if you are interesed. I shall share more details .....

BTW all the products you have shared above are not exactly NAS, but external USB File/Media Hubs ....

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back