Please help On my denon avr x2400h

king2163

I bought this receiver 20 days back. Yesterday it automatically updating itself. After updates it shows message on screen "Update test" on its screen. I tried to reset on factory settings. after updation , nothing happened and shows the same message "Update test"

I do not know what to do.

Please help.

Hi

There is a denon owners thread....I think you better post this there for more visibility and quick response.

usually AVRs which are sold by most dealers don't have the latest firmware updated.....thumb rule is never push your AVR for a firmware update through wifi or LAN or USB without understanding what the update is all about and if it is necessary.....if something works well, let it be!

Denons are also known to get BRICKED during update stage and stay that way which forces you to take it to service center for check up....

Since your AVR is only 20 days old, I am sure it is backed by warranty and hence you can reach out to the service center....

"Update test"
Found other customers with X2400H having same issue, see below:
the receiver has a restore to factory firmware option.
To do you need to hold the CH- and Dimmer buttons pressed and turn on with the power button (or in my case hold it until receiver resets).
Please try at your own risk though...

Thanks,
Rajiv

I have already tried your suggestion. Same message "update test" is displayed after reset which took approx 15 minute

Don't know what is the meaning of
this message. Do I need to wait with this message upto hour

I have already tried your suggestion. Same message "update test" is displayed after reset which took approx 15 minute

Though I don't have much knowledge, but may be it wants to test the update before it starts working. It wouldn't harm if you would just leave it on and wait for a couple of hours to see if it moves on or stays the same.

Then I guess it's time to contact the service center and see if they can help.

All the best!
Also once this is fixed, turn off auto updates so that you don't get into a similar situation in future.

Thanks & Regards.
Rajiv

Then I guess it's time to contact the service center and see if they can help.

All the best!
Also once this is fixed, turn off auto updates so that you don't get into a similar situation in future.

Thanks & Regards.
Rajiv

I bought this av receiver for good quality sound. I don't want any update . My primary objective is to listen every beats of music. Tomorrow technician is visiting my home. he is going to change microprocessor inside avr. Hope For Best.

Thank God. Issue has been resolved. Engineer has changed the HDMI plate and now its working fine. I have stopped all the update. This receiver is bit complicated for use. Now i am trying to get coaxial digital audio in from tv to receiver but I can't see any coaxial digital audio in port on receiver. it is very strange. i don't know how to solve this issue. Can anybody help me on this? my tv doesn't support arc.
denon_avr-x2400h_12.jpg

Thank God. Issue has been resolved. Engineer has changed the HDMI plate and now its working fine. I have stopped all the update. This receiver is bit complicated for use. Now i am trying to get coaxial digital audio in from tv to receiver but I can't see any coaxial digital audio in port on receiver. it is very strange. i don't know how to solve this issue. Can anybody help me on this? my tv doesn't support arc.
denon_avr-x2400h_12.jpg
Seems like it does not come with a coax in. And also I think most tvs have optical out instead of coax out. You should try optical out from the TV if it has one.

Seems like it does not come with a coax in. And also I think most tvs have optical out instead of coax out. You should try optical out from the TV if it has one.

tv has coax out, not optical out. i read, we can assign the port as coax in receiver. is it true?

Last edited:
As per the rear panel it has optical inputs for digital audio and no coaxial input. These are different interfaces and cables are different.
Not sure how to assign the port.

On the original issue: It is surprising that the firmware update caused HDMI board issue. Better be careful in future and not to update unless it is really an important and worth update.

Thank God. Issue has been resolved. Engineer has changed the HDMI plate and now its working fine. I have stopped all the update.

I recently picked an almost new( unused) Denon x 2200 for my brother.. It took abt 55 minutes with a 2 Mbps BSNL connection to complete all Dts X/firmware update completed.. I had connected to Ethernet port of AVR.. No issues there.. May be lucky..

This receiver is bit complicated for use.

It takes a bit of time getting used to menu / OSD.. Once done it is a breeze to use.. What function/ feature are you feeling complicated?..

Now i am trying to get coaxial digital audio in from tv to receiver but I can't see any coaxial digital audio in port on receiver. it is very strange. i don't know how to solve this issue. Can anybody help me on this? my tv doesn't support arc.

This model doesn't come with co-ax inputs..

But why are you trying to connect TV to AVR thru co-axial?.. Is this for SD/HD STB?..

I recently picked an almost new( unused) Denon x 2200 for my brother.. It took abt 55 minutes with a 2 Mbps BSNL connection to complete all Dts X/firmware update completed.. I had connected to Ethernet port of AVR.. No issues there.. May be lucky..

It takes a bit of time getting used to menu / OSD.. Once done it is a breeze to use.. What function/ feature are you feeling complicated?..

This model doesn't come with co-ax inputs..

But why are you trying to connect TV to AVR thru co-axial?.. Is this for SD/HD STB?..

My tv is smart tv and want sound output to my receiver.

Could you post your TV Make and Model please? This will help us understand the options on hand better.

Back