Please help::Pj connected to Avr. Sound is not coming from avr. Its coming from pj

Re: Please help::pj connected to Avr. Sound is not coming from avr. Its coming from p

ya... it a bit weird...
But I saw a few complaints like mine ... (just sharing below example...)

https://community.sony.com/t5/Telev...udio-System-Communication-Failure/td-p/155139

I will post my AV settings pics Elangoas...
So far I tried all the suggestions I got from our forum members ...

My laptop is a HP pavillion power 15 model. Its a bit slim and doesn't have DVI or display port.

I will try different settings for few more days.... If all options fail, I am thinking of getting a HDMI to OPTICAL audio splitter like this

https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extractor-Optical-Toslink-Converter/dp/B00KBHX072

(for the time being i am managing audio from 3.5mm jack from my laptop to avr. Im getting 2.0 from my taga floor standers)

Re: Please help::pj connected to Avr. Sound is not coming from avr. Its coming from p

I will post my AV settings pics Elangoas...

Sorry.. Also a screenshot of audio settings in PJ.. I will compare the PJ Audio settings with mine as it is a similar model.. Juz to rule out any settings mismatch..

This is my settings for the HDMI in a Marantz receiver. There should be something similar in yours too.

See that option for the audio, which says AVR. I have option for TV. If I set it to Tv, then sound is sent to the TV or projector whatever is switched on. The output runs through a hdmi splitter. If I set it to AVR, like how it is, then irrespective of whats switched on, the receiver plays the audio.

Sound is sent to output only when the receiver is in stand by mode, which is due to the Pass through setting.

2770dc9653bac84cbed02191eedfae2e.jpg

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sorry.. Also a screenshot of audio settings in PJ.. I will compare the PJ Audio settings with mine as it is a similar model.. Juz to rule out any settings mismatch..

I will send that too elangoas ... :)

This is my settings for the HDMI in a Marantz receiver. There should be something similar in yours too.

See that option for the audio, which says AVR. I have option for TV. If I set it to Tv, then sound is sent to the TV or projector whatever is switched on. The output runs through a hdmi splitter. If I set it to AVR, like how it is, then irrespective of whats switched on, the receiver plays the audio.

Sound is sent to output only when the receiver is in stand by mode, which is due to the Pass through setting.

2770dc9653bac84cbed02191eedfae2e.jpg

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Wow... what a relief you have MaSh...:)
I am literally breaking my head with audio issue... I will go home and check If i have similar setting in my AVR.

Wow... what a relief you have MaSh...:)
I am literally breaking my head with audio issue... I will go home and check If i have similar setting in my AVR.
Yamaha also has that setting.

Dear all... I replaced my laptop with Airtel dth HD set top box. Now everything is working perfect. :) The issue has been my lap top all this while. Im so much relieved now... thank you very much for all the support..:clapping:
MaSh, I found the setting in my avr. When the hdmi control is off, it is giving options where the sound should come from. Thanks a lot :)
Now at least the problem is clear :lol:

Right click on your desktop goto nvidia control panel look for setup multiple display and enable you receiver there then your avr will be visible
right click and disable your pj under sound setting

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back