Please suggest a 5.1 system within the budget of 1L or less.

soumyajit92

Hey guys, please suggest a complete system within 1L or less including AVR and sub woofer. Will be buying from bangalore, so any home audio equipment dealer's contact would also be really helpful. Thank you.

Hey guys, please suggest a complete system within 1L or less including AVR and sub woofer. Will be buying from bangalore, so any home audio equipment dealer's contact would also be really helpful. Thank you.
Blore there are a lot of HT shops were u can have demo. 1L is tight. Subwoofer is very important so the best I can think of in ur budget is Yamaha sw300 available for 26-27k Taga platinum 28-30 k nd the bic f12 31500. Please give more details of ur room dimensions nd layout for FM’s to suggest u the best

yeah i understand can extend the budget by 50k but not more than that. room size i have no clue since this is for a friend who's buying an apartment in Bangalore. My guess it's a medium sized room. Also i think in this budget Dolby atmos is not achievable and they also don't care that much but if this can be incorporated somehow that'd be nice.

How about 50k for AVR, 60k for speakers package, rest for the subwoofer? Is taga harmony package any good? Also i'm more inclined towards a denon receiver.

Last edited:
yeah i understand can extend the budget by 50k but not more than that. room size i have no clue since this is for a friend who's buying an apartment in Bangalore. My guess it's a medium sized room. Also i think in this budget Dolby atmos is not achievable and they also don't care that much but if this can be incorporated somehow that'd be nice.

How about 50k for AVR, 60k for speakers package, rest for the subwoofer? Is taga harmony package any good? Also i'm more inclined towards a denon receiver.
Ok that means a budget of 1.5L. Yes Dolby Atmos can be achieved. But first room details please

Ok that means a budget of 1.5L. Yes Dolby Atmos can be achieved. But first room details please
room is around 18x18 approx. I was thinking of Dali z3 front. z1 surround, vokal centre. Not sure about the receiver and sub. Is the BIC pl200 too big for the room size? what other matching options could i get?

room is around 18x18 approx. I was thinking of Dali z3 front. z1 surround, vokal centre. Not sure about the receiver and sub. Is the BIC pl200 too big for the room size? what other matching options could i get?
I am using the same set up. But selling my bic pl 200-ii which is just 3 months old.bic will be the best choice for 18*18 and the best sub under 50k. My room is just 10*12 nd the bic does a good job but to loud for my room. It will do much better in 18*18. Pm me if ur interested as u can save a good amount on the sub

Hey guys, please suggest a complete system within 1L or less including AVR and sub woofer.

A 5.1 HT system is possible in that budget..

yeah i understand can extend the budget by 50k

If 1.5L, then 5.2.2 HT system is possible with that budget..

How about 50k for AVR,

A 7.1 AVR is approx in 50 ~ 60K budget, price might vary due to features from different brands.. You may settle for the best offer aval in your city..

60k for speakers package, rest for the subwoofer?

You may consider dual subwoofers in 50 ~60K budget max, as it is a large room and the rest of the budget for speakers.. Choose bookshelf speakers..

Is taga harmony package any good?

Yup.. More value for money than any other similar offering from other brands..

Also i'm more inclined towards a denon receiver.

Don't restrict your choices to a single brand.. See, who can offer you best prices.

A 7.1 AVR is approx in 50 ~ 60K budget, price might vary due to features from different brands.. You may settle for the best offer aval in your city..
ll probably get the denon x1500h. Is there any better option in that budget?

Yup.. More value for money than any other similar offering from other brands..
yes i also feel the same going by the reviews, but decided to go with dali system, klipsch is coming a bit more expensive as i have already almost doubled my budget at around 2L now.
If 1.5L, then 5.2.2 HT system is possible with that budget..
atmos setup is not possible now since this apartment is rental and cant install anything on ceiling or anywhere. Not even concealed wiring for the speakers so any tip/workaround to hide the cables would be great.

So where do i buy all these in Bangalore? and what about installation? Any help would be appreciated.
Installation you need to do with the help of an electrician. You need to measure nd mark the speaker placements. Use a pvp casing for wires. You can do it by yourself with or without electrician. Sent you a pm as well check nd reply

Installation you need to do with the help of an electrician. You need to measure nd mark the speaker placements. Use a pvp casing for wires. You can do it by yourself with or without electrician. Sent you a pm as well check nd reply
interior of the apartment is already done so concealed wiring can't be done i guess. So now ll probably have ask the interior guys to come up with an idea to manage the cables to match with the aesthetics. Is there any audio equipment installation company who provides such services? Just do not want the hassle.

So where do i buy all these in Bangalore? and what about installation? Any help would be appreciated.

May be from one single dealer (or) in parts from different dealer.. Sometimes the dealer might offer to help (for a fee) installing the speaker, if you choose to buy all the items from him.. You may check dealer threads on this forum and get the info, or wait for kolkatta FM to offer help in this regard..

Trust me, installation is not a complex process.. Most AVR have auto calibration system.. All one has to do is connect speakers & subwoofer to AVR..

ll probably get the denon x1500h. Is there any better option in that budget?

Don't think so.. Most 7.1 AVR are around the same price as Denon x 1500..

yes i also feel the same going by the reviews, but decided to go with dali system, klipsch is coming a bit more expensive as i have already almost doubled my budget at around 2L now.

Ok great..

atmos setup is not possible now since this apartment is rental and cant install anything on ceiling or anywhere. Not even concealed wiring for the speakers so any tip/workaround to hide the cables would be great.

If installation on ceiling is not possible, you may choose up-firing speakers (or) Atmos module speakers.. These are usually placed on top of your existing speakers.. But this is only if you like them..

May be from one single dealer (or) in parts from different dealer.. Sometimes the dealer might offer to help (for a fee) installing the speaker, if you choose to buy all the items from him.. You may check dealer threads on this forum and get the info, or wait for kolkatta FM to offer help in this regard..

Trust me, installation is not a complex process.. Most AVR have auto calibration system.. All one has to do is connect speakers & subwoofer to AVR..
This system is for Bangalore. Also this friend is completely retarded when it comes to any tech related stuffs, he just wanted to buy a bose system for a few lacs and wanted to call it a day. So not expecting him to bother with all these. Buying from a single dealer is the best option i think. Now being from kolkata, any contact would be helpful.
If installation on ceiling is not possible, you may choose up-firing speakers (or) Atmos module speakers.. These are usually placed on top of your existing speakers.. But this is only if you like them..
do you have any recommendations? Nothing expensive but something that can enhance the experience. How big a difference does atmos make when compared to traditional 5.1?

This system is for Bangalore. Also this friend is completely retarded when it comes to any tech related stuffs, he just wanted to buy a bose system for a few lacs and wanted to call it a day. So not expecting him to bother with all these. Buying from a single dealer is the best option i think. Now being from kolkata, any contact would be helpful.

Ok, in that case you may approach PRO FX, one of the countries, biggest & largest retail chain for Hi-Fi / HT.. They should offer installation too..

However, i will tag a FM from bangalore, who may know of any dealers in that city @sud98 ..

do you have any recommendations? Nothing expensive but something that can enhance the experience.

Example of Atmos Add-on speakers (below image), which you can place on top of any speakers..
61ui4xHdwCL._SX425_.jpg

Example of Atmos integrated module (below image)..
klipsch-r-26fa-dolby-atmos-floorstanding-speakers-pair-black

There is a ELAC 5.1 system which has atmos speakers integrated to it, don't recollect the exact model now.. May be that would be right fit for your friend..Klipsch also has atmos integrated speaker..

How big a difference does atmos make when compared to traditional 5.1?

The traditioanl 5.1 HT set-up is a more horizontal dimension (experience), meaning speakers around you on walls at mostly ear level..

Atmos (5.1.2 or more) adds vertical dimension to the existing 5.1 audio tracks, more ambient feel and a greater sens of immersion..

There is a ELAC 5.1 system which has atmos speakers integrated to it, don't recollect the exact model now.. May be that would be right fit for your friend..Klipsch also has atmos integrated speaker.
yes but can i fit all that in 2L budget including the receiver which costs around 60k itself and then a decent sub?

There is a ELAC 5.1 system which has atmos speakers integrated to it, don't recollect the exact model now.. May be that would be right fit for your friend..Klipsch also has atmos integrated speaker..

Am sorry, i misquoted the brand.. It is Focal sib Evo 5.1.2 system - https://www.focal.com/en/home-audio/home-theater/sib-evo/512-packs/sib-evo-dolby-atmos-512

yes but can i fit all that in 2L budget including the receiver which costs around 60k itself and then a decent sub?

Of the 2 lac subdget, leaving 60K for AVR, it should be possible to complete 5.2.2 set-up within 140K, incl of installation..

Of the 2 lac subdget, leaving 60K for AVR, it should be possible to complete 5.2.2 set-up within 140K, incl of installation..
okay , any suggestion on the combination?

also any contact number of any Dali dealers in Bangalore would be great.

Is taga harmony package any good?
Sure. Its good and value for money. If budget permits, .... instead of package ... I would go for platinum series bookshelfs and center and surrounds.
Or..... its even better to buy 3 pairs of Platinum bookshelves and use them for center, surrounds and fronts. As I said, TAV series package is also good, and value for money. My personal experience.

Sure. Its good and value for money. If budget permits, .... instead of package ... I would go for platinum series bookshelfs and center and surrounds.
Or..... its even better to buy 3 pairs of Platinum bookshelves and use them for center, surrounds and fronts. As I said, TAV series package is also good, and value for money. My personal experience.
denon x1500h+ Dali zensor 3 fronts + Dali vokal centre + Dali zensor 1 surrounds + Bic p200 ii this is what i'm planning right now. But since we are from kolkata need a hassle free dealer with instillation in bangalore.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back