Please suggest a budget music system for 30k

josephkarthic

Hi Everyone,

My first post here, I love Sub bass and mostly listen to music like hiphop with low frequency, I have a small room 10 x 10 ft, Previously I had a "Sony MHC-GZR 8D" connected to a "Kenwood Subwoofer SW 305" for almost 10 years and both of them failed, After that I bought a simple "Logitech Z623 2.1" and that subwoofer was nice but it got blown away yesterday when our Electricity line suddenly came in at 380V instead of 240V because of a fallen tree...

I bought that Z623 for just 7.5k in amazon and now the price got doubled to 13k...I dont want to buy the same again and now increased my budget to 30k, I dont know if there's anyother system like that with good subwoofer, So Please suggest me what should I buy for 30k... I know its very small budget but its because of my room's constraint... After a year or two I may increase my budget after moving to a new home...

I know nothing about amplifier, speakers, and all those new terms etc....I just love sub bass and would like to find and cherish that bass in all types of songs..

Hi Everyone,

My first post here, I love Sub bass and mostly listen to music like hiphop with low frequency, I have a small room 10 x 10 ft, Previously I had a "Sony MHC-GZR 8D" connected to a "Kenwood Subwoofer SW 305" for almost 10 years and both of them failed, After that I bought a simple "Logitech Z623 2.1" and that subwoofer was nice but it got blown away yesterday when our Electricity line suddenly came in at 380V instead of 240V because of a fallen tree...

I bought that Z623 for just 7.5k in amazon and now the price got doubled to 13k...I dont want to buy the same again and now increased my budget to 30k, I dont know if there's anyother system like that with good subwoofer, So Please suggest me what should I buy for 30k... I know its very small budget but its because of my room's constraint... After a year or two I may increase my budget after moving to a new home...

I know nothing about amplifier, speakers, and all those new terms etc....I just love sub bass and would like to find and cherish that bass in all types of songs..
Go for Sony IV300.

Hi .. welcome to the forum.. please tell the following so that fellow members can help you with options.
1. Are you looking the system for movie or music?
2. What's the source? Is its cd/dvd/blueray player or a streamer?

Assuming that you want a system to play music as you have mentioned that you mostly listen to music. You want a decent integrated amplifier , a set of bookshelf speakers to start with. If you have TT, CDP then you can connect those to integrated amp and enjoy music . If you are leaning towards streaming options then you need an amplifier with Bluetooth/ WiFi connectivity. Since you like to use subwoofer , you can buy an amp with pre out. You can go for pre-owned rigs and save money for upgradation later, when you will have better accomodation. Try to buy speakers first then the amplifier. At this budget Norge amp and pre-owned speakers ( wharefedal diamond) would be a fine starting.
Cheers

If you're looking for complete music system I would suggest looking into powered speakers from Edifier or Swans at that budget. If you already have an amp and dac, look into speakers such as Mission LX2 or JBL stage A130

I listen to music most of the time via youtube, My source is laptop with 3.5mm jack line out, The problem is Im not good at searching right products from the internet and I always end up buying bad stuff...So I wanted to get help from here in choosing the right ones...

You all suggested stuff like amplifiers and active speakers but i cant seem to find the right one... I think maybe its coz of my tight budget?...

Would 50k have the best system? If so could someone please list out all individual stuff with links to buy? Im sorry if this feels spoon feeding but I have no idea where to even look....:confused:

Some of you may wonder if his 3.5" jack audio out would even need high end speakers. You guys have ascented from multimedia speakers to soundbars to HTIBs to AVR driven book shelves or satellites to tower speakers driven by sound processors with power amps - from 3000 to over 5 lakhs set up. But this gentleman needs just a simple multimedia speakers passed through from his laptop and 3.5 inch jack.

So my answer is get yourself a multimedia speakers for 2k-4k such as this one

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/earnings/weekly-tactical-pick-tata-motors-7181071.html

That's a good budget for a nice compact setup. I have heard the below speakers and found them quite good.

There is also a pair of JBL lsr on sale in the classified section. You could check them out too.

MaSh

Have you looked at Wireless Hi-fi speakers category? They are compact, yet produce audiophile sound. The first 3-4 in the list are all well-pedigreed and around your budget. Klipsch The Three is perhaps the best spec’ed of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
With your 30k budget you can think about Bluetooth/ wireless speakers as those have already been suggested by the honourable FMs. While buying such keep in mind the connectivity options of the speakers since you are using your laptop. With an increased budget of 50k you will have a decent integrated amplifier and a pair of passive speakers. Please kindly note that active/ powered speakers don't require any amplifier as those have in built amps. If you buy a set of passive speakers then you will require an amplifier. Also keep in mind that you have to buy some decent interconnects to go with amp-speaker combo. As regards purchasing new rigs you may contact Anil of the Hifi mart. Anil is a nice guy and he will guide you through. If you are ok with pre-owned rigs then for sale section in our forum will be a fantastic place.
Cheers

Thank you everyone for your kind inputs... I'm learning a lot and it's interesting.. So finally I've decided to get a soundbar with good subwoofer as I love sub bass and due to space constraints, I've read so many reviews on various sounds bars...

Every thing has some bad reviews on it except the "klipsch cinema 600"... I've heard klipsch floorstanding speakers before when i was in Sweden in 2012 and got blown away with the quality... Even without sub i could hear very low frequency on that thing... It was amazing and lively... Makes you want to listen more even if its bad song..

So this "cinema 600" has a powerful sub and I'm inclined towards it even though the price is 65k...
From which source can i buy it? Is it via amazon or cinebells? Which one is authentic? Can someone help?

Try to find a NAD 3020 hybrid amplifier and bookshelf speakers in the used section. With 50K budget, you will be pleasantly surprised.

You could consider getting an edifier s2000 mkiii or edifier s1000db. Both are around the ball park you mentioned and they are pretty decent all in ones. Especially the s2000 mkiii.

You can get a Yamaha YHT 1840 and invest the rest of the money on a good subwoofer like Yamaha SW 300. You can upgrade the speakers later some time. Or, get straight to JBL LSR 308 pair.

Thank you everyone for your kind inputs... I'm learning a lot and it's interesting.. So finally I've decided to get a soundbar with good subwoofer as I love sub bass and due to space constraints, I've read so many reviews on various sounds bars...

Every thing has some bad reviews on it except the "klipsch cinema 600"... I've heard klipsch floorstanding speakers before when i was in Sweden in 2012 and got blown away with the quality... Even without sub i could hear very low frequency on that thing... It was amazing and lively... Makes you want to listen more even if its bad song..

So this "cinema 600" has a powerful sub and I'm inclined towards it even though the price is 65k...
From which source can i buy it? Is it via amazon or cinebells? Which one is authentic? Can someone help?
"Cinema 600 3.1 comes with a 10" Sub woofer. I myself prefer Amazon because you will be in a safer side from all respects.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back