Please suggest a budget music system for 30k

Thanks everyone again for all your kind inputs...im still contemplating which route to go...
"Cinema 600 3.1 comes with a 10" Sub woofer. I myself prefer Amazon because you will be in a safer side from all respects.
I called cinebels and they said they are the only authorized klipsch dealer in India..They said they will service if there is an issue and have 1 year warranty...If I order via amazon whom should I contact for service? I read many comments about service issue by ordering from amazon..

Thanks everyone again for all your kind inputs...im still contemplating which route to go...

I called cinebels and they said they are the only authorized klipsch dealer in India..They said they will service if there is an issue and have 1 year warranty...If I order via amazon whom should I contact for service? I read many comments about service issue by ordering from amazon..
Contact the seller & decide.

@josephkarthic my suggestion is that you take enough time to understand the various choices you have before buying anything. You should take advantage of the experience of FMs who are enthusiastic in sharing their experience and insights. 50k is a decent budget and you can get a lot of value for this.
Buying off Amazon or from a Chroma sales person is easier and more convenient but you have joined this forum because you wanted something more?
Best not to buy in haste.

@josephkarthic my suggestion is that you take enough time to understand the various choices you have before buying anything. You should take advantage of the experience of FMs who are enthusiastic in sharing their experience and insights. 50k is a decent budget and you can get a lot of value for this.
Buying off Amazon or from a Chroma sales person is easier and more convenient but you have joined this forum because you wanted something more?
Best not to buy in haste.
Can not agree more here.
Kartic should spend a couple of months here reading few threads and doing some research on google before he buys anything. In couple of months, he will know exactly what he wants.
As I posted before he should keep an eye on the Classifieds section where he can get preowned but real vfm stuff.

For 50K, a decent stereo system with Amp+Bookshelf can be had.

For Amp look at Discreet Dynamics, Norge, Yamaha for new. Marantz, Yamaha for used. For speakers look at Indiq Gold/Platinum Mishra, Mission LX2 for new, QA, Whatfedale, Mission for used.

Norge Amp + Platinum Mishra pair would be good. Look to add an economic DAC later on.

Hi Everyone,

My first post here, I love Sub bass and mostly listen to music like hiphop with low frequency, I have a small room 10 x 10 ft, Previously I had a "Sony MHC-GZR 8D" connected to a "Kenwood Subwoofer SW 305" for almost 10 years and both of them failed, After that I bought a simple "Logitech Z623 2.1" and that subwoofer was nice but it got blown away yesterday when our Electricity line suddenly came in at 380V instead of 240V because of a fallen tree...

I bought that Z623 for just 7.5k in amazon and now the price got doubled to 13k...I dont want to buy the same again and now increased my budget to 30k, I dont know if there's anyother system like that with good subwoofer, So Please suggest me what should I buy for 30k... I know its very small budget but its because of my room's constraint... After a year or two I may increase my budget after moving to a new home...

I know nothing about amplifier, speakers, and all those new terms etc....I just love sub bass and would like to find and cherish that bass in all types of songs..
Different ways to get around the problem - some amazing options already suggested by the FMs :) I can't be more helpful than that, however just to calm the itchy fingers - this situation can be tackled in many ways.
1 - Go for a simple package like the 2.1s available in the market or the active 2.0s. Many companies make then - creative, bose, yamaha. Something will be there in your budget and will most probably satisfy you too.
2 - Go for a used amp + speaker combo - check olx, wait for something to come here. The advantage of such a system is "arguably" performance and easy future upgrade. There is always a resale value to these components to help with your upgrade.
3 - Check out something like the Volumate clearance Sale - you might find something there which might be slightly over your budget with better performance.

**If I am just adding to the confusion, I am sorry, please ignore.

Like many said - understand the way you want to go, audition if possible, save slightly more and take an informed decision! The FMs here will always help.

For 50K, a decent stereo system with Amp+Bookshelf can be had.

For Amp look at Discreet Dynamics, Norge, Yamaha for new. Marantz, Yamaha for used. For speakers look at Indiq Gold/Platinum Mishra, Mission LX2 for new, QA, Whatfedale, Mission for used.

Norge Amp + Platinum Mishra pair would be good. Look to add an economic DAC later on.
OP isn’t based in Bangalore or Gurgaon. Not a good idea recommending IndiQ speakers to him.

Thank you again everyone.. You men are enlightening me with new ideas..:)

I understood that to connect 5.1 speakers you need a av receiver instead of amplifier, correct?

If so I have the 5.1 speakers lying around from my previous sony system which has the below specs..

The front has 180watts rms and center and rear 60watts. No subwoofer.

@ajuvignesh suggested the yamaha sw300 which seems like a good value as the price is same everywhere...I just love sub bass so I wanted to get this.. (Or is there any other better sub available at that price?)

Now which AV receiver should i buy to connect my Sony speakers and this yamaha sw300?

I also like the Bluetooth feature on the av receiver..

Can you all suggest a good reciever for this requirement?

Am i going in right direction now? Also yes I live in a small town where i can't audition anything..So online is my best bet..

And regarding getting used speakers, i have had some bad experiences earlier so i don't wanna take risk...

Last edited:
Thank you again everyone.. You men are enlightening me with new ideas..:)
I understood that to connect 5.1 speakers you need a av receiver instead of amplifier, correct?

If so I have the 5.1 speakers from my previous sony system which has the below specs..

The front has 180watts rms and center and rear 60watts. No subwoofer.

@ajuvignesh suggested the yamaha sw300 which seems like a good value as the price is same everywhere...I just love sub bass so I wanted to get this..

Now which AV receiver should i buy to connect my Sony speakers and this yamaha sw300?

I also like the Bluetooth feature on the av receiver..

Can you all suggest a good reciever for this requirement? Am i going in right direction now? Also yes I live in a small town where i can't audition anything..So online is my best bet..
@josephkarthic you could try and connect with FMs in Madurai. Worth a try. Specially as you are on a steep learning curve (stereo, AV receivers, multiple channels, Bluetooth etc) Thry would be able to guide you and demonstrate what to look for in a good quality audio set up. You should know lots of sub bass alone does not make music that satisfies. If you are able to do your research well, meet with audiophiles and learn you will be able to define what you want better. It’s a exciting journey to learn a bit more before making a purchase. Buying online is easy, achieving good sound takes a bit more effort.

Hi Josephkarthik,

Not sure we are confusing you or you are confusing us !! (take it lightly please..).. in your first post you have mentioned that you are looking for system for music and mentioned the room size (10 x 10) with your interest of music styles (hip hop) and also the need for bass heavy system. But now I am seeing all of a sudden you mentioning about 5.1 surrounds.. that's why mentioned about confusion.

If you are looking the system for music, you must aim for stereo (2.0) and as you are a bass heavy listener you must need a subwoofer, so it becomes 2.1. Already other FMs suggested good amplifier and speakers and subwoofer for the stereo system. And in the room size of 10 x 10, you can first try with a 2.0 configuration and if needed you can add sub woofer later.

Not sure if you already seen some reviews and discussion about Torvin audios in another thread currently going on.. if Chennai is nearer to you, then you could make a visit to Torvin and experience their systems as well.

Hi Josephkarthik,

Not sure we are confusing you or you are confusing us !! (take it lightly please..).. in your first post you have mentioned that you are looking for system for music and mentioned the room size (10 x 10) with your interest of music styles (hip hop) and also the need for bass heavy system. But now I am seeing all of a sudden you mentioning about 5.1 surrounds.. that's why mentioned about confusion.

If you are looking the system for music, you must aim for stereo (2.0) and as you are a bass heavy listener you must need a subwoofer, so it becomes 2.1. Already other FMs suggested good amplifier and speakers and subwoofer for the stereo system. And in the room size of 10 x 10, you can first try with a 2.0 configuration and if needed you can add sub woofer later.

Not sure if you already seen some reviews and discussion about Torvin audios in another thread currently going on.. if Chennai is nearer to you, then you could make a visit to Torvin and experience their systems as well.
Sorry about that...Im still learning, Only after reading more answers in this thread I came to know that I can utilize my 5.1 speakers with an AV receiver...Earlier I thought those speakers can only be connected with that sony main unit system...Ok I think I still have to research more to get the best bang for buck...

If you are looking for Movie/Gaming then the 5.1 make sense.. but your intended use case is still music, then you should be looking for a stereo system.. please do audition .. don't be hurry..

If you're looking for complete music system I would suggest looking into powered speakers from Edifier or Swans at that budget. If you already have an amp and dac, look into speakers such as Mission LX2 or JBL stage A130
IMO this is a pretty good recommendation for ANY audio enthusiast within a budget unless he/she has figured out what speakers/amps they really want (only for stereo not HT). Go active, add sub later. You will get a lot of features, less clutter, no need of a preamp if you use PC/phone/streamer as a source, you will an efficient amp built in (with good DSP), need not spend on interconnects/cables, and ultimately save a lot of money. You can upgrade DAC easily if required. I would buy a 2.0 active setup if i were you right now (actually if i were me and had the budget to be honest).

Good luck!

EDIT:
JBL Actives have great reviews (also check youtube review, might be little biased though):
https://www.amazon.in/JBL-Professio...hild=1&keywords=jbl+lsr&qid=1628018611&sr=8-9

https://www.amazon.in/JBL-306P-Powe...hild=1&keywords=jbl+lsr&qid=1628018611&sr=8-5

Some models from Edifier, Kali and Adam powered monitors might be within your budget if you can source in your city or from abroad.

Last edited:
That's a good budget for a nice compact setup. I have heard the below speakers and found them quite good.

There is also a pair of JBL lsr on sale in the classified section. You could check them out too.

MaSh
Bose 50 is a good desktop speaker. I’ve listened to bose 50 and wanted to purchase it initially. But took a different route and bought passive bookshelf speakers and a amp. Bass is very good in acoustimass.

Here is a recent article by someone who started his audio journey

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum (but have been reading some of the threads for a few weeks now) and I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this blog. It was a great intro and a good read.

It helped me realise that as much as I love and appreciate music I am probably not at a stage where I would want to delve deeper into the audiophile world. I don't mean this in a bad way, it just means I think I will be better suited to keeping my audio setup simple for the time being and evolving it with time.

(I came here looking for ideas for a budget home theatre setup, but primarily for listening to music - think everything from the Chariots of Fire theme to Kygo).

Cheers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back