Please suggest a stereo setup for 50K

Look at Dali zensor series.Paradigms also should be on the list,a bit bright for me but might suit your taste. Q acoustics (concept) is another one to look for. instead of using a 3.5 input, think of getting Chromecast audio. You can use a simple amplifier from the likes ofNorge, Yamaha, Denon ,Marantz with no frills or built in dsp . That keeps the music flowing and no wires to tie you up.

You would have to audition to discover your liking. When I was lurking through HFV and not become a member, I thought warm/neutral speakers were cool/audiophile and I would like it. I started with an aim of getting warm speakers. But, I discovered that I liked brighter speakers compared to warm after listening to Elacs.

If you don't audition enough, you would have upgraditis picking your pocket soon.
That is a good one :). I am going to decide based on my auditions only. But the options are too many and too overwhelming. While reviews give good insight, I am looking for pointers from owners experience to shortlist certain models to begin my audition exercise.

Look at Dali zensor series.Paradigms also should be on the list,a bit bright for me but might suit your taste. Q acoustics (concept) is another one to look for. instead of using a 3.5 input, think of getting Chromecast audio. You can use a simple amplifier from the likes ofNorge, Yamaha, Denon ,Marantz with no frills or built in dsp . That keeps the music flowing and no wires to tie you up.
Thank you for your speakers and amps suggestion. I don't mind an additional cable if it can produce better sound since I am not sure about wireless quality.

Try Audition Cambridge Audio Topaz SR10/SR20 if it meets your specific requirement.
Thanks for the valuable suggestion. But it has no dial knob for Bass/Treble control. The control is on the remote. If the remote fails, tough to find replacement. When my Bose remote failed, I couldn't use it for a month until I found a generic remote. Otherwise the specs are impressive.

Last edited:
Seriously considering this combo. Are you using them in large or small room? How is the quality of music? Are they crisp in the mids and highs? I prefer little bright or neutral than a warm sound. How is the sound clarity and stereo separation? Appreciate your opinion.
The room in which I use them is 12 ft by 15 ft.

All frequencies, lows mids and highs are all balanced, and the music is slightly bright. Sound clarity and stereo separation is very good.

Recently a friend gifted me a Marantz PM6006 and I have paired it with Sonodyne 2605 v2, the sound can be said to be either neutral or maybe slightly warm in comparison to Norge 1000, and clarity and separation is slightly different from Norge.

I like the sound signature of both Norge and Marantz.

I now have three amplifiers, two from Norge and one from Marantz. I have put up ads to sell one Norge 1000, and may (or may not) replace it with a tube pre and solid state power, but will retain one Norge 1000 alongwith Marantz, and as said earlier, I like the sound signatures of both.

Interconnects should be good, and source/ players should also be of a minimum standard as per affordability, not necessary to shell out tons of money for source.

You can go ahead with the Norge and Sonus 2605 combo and you won't repent until bitten by the bug "Neighbour's grass is always greener".

If u can source a sonos connect amp for a decent price then u can pair it with a dali zensor 3 which will be a smart move. The connect amp has a subwoofer out too. Hope u have a smartphone or tablet where u can transfer all ur flac /wave and mp3 contents and play wirelessly.. Please check the specs of tge sonos connect amp.

The room in which I use them is 12 ft by 15 ft.

All frequencies, lows mids and highs are all balanced, and the music is slightly bright. Sound clarity and stereo separation is very good.

Recently a friend gifted me a Marantz PM6006 and I have paired it with Sonodyne 2605 v2, the sound can be said to be either neutral or maybe slightly warm in comparison to Norge 1000, and clarity and separation is slightly different from Norge.

I like the sound signature of both Norge and Marantz.

I now have three amplifiers, two from Norge and one from Marantz. I have put up ads to sell one Norge 1000, and may (or may not) replace it with a tube pre and solid state power, but will retain one Norge 1000 alongwith Marantz, and as said earlier, I like the sound signatures of both.

Interconnects should be good, and source/ players should also be of a minimum standard as per affordability, not necessary to shell out tons of money for source.

You can go ahead with the Norge and Sonus 2605 combo and you won't repent until bitten by the bug "Neighbour's grass is always greener".
Your post gives me confidence. Which Amp gives better music- Norge or Marantz? Have you placed the 2605 aligned to 15' or 12' wall? What is the distance between the speakers on the rear and the sides? Are you using a sub? If so, please tell me about its placement too. Also, please suggest some good interconnects.

Last edited:
If u can source a sonos connect amp for a decent price then u can pair it with a dali zensor 3 which will be a smart move. The connect amp has a subwoofer out too. Hope u have a smartphone or tablet where u can transfer all ur flac /wave and mp3 contents and play wirelessly.. Please check the specs of tge sonos connect amp.
At the moment, I am considering Norge+Sonus 2605 OR Marantz PM6006+Dali Zensor 3. FX amp mentioned by Elango is also on the list.

Your post gives me confidence. Which Amp gives better music- Norge or Marantz? Have you placed the 2605 aligned to 15' or 12' wall? What is the distance between the speakers on the rear and the sides? Are you using a sub? If so, please tell me about its placement too. Also, please suggest some good interconnects.
As I said earlier, I like the sound signatures of both Norge and Marantz.

Marantz PM6006 and Sonodyne 2605v2 combo is warm and cool, cosy and comfortable, sweet and lively, but not for partying. Lows are neutral, mids may be just slightly forward, highs are neutral, an overall balance.

Norge 1000 Gold and Sonodyne 2605v2 combo is the same as above, but with slightly forward highs, with the added advantage of partying in home because of the slightly forward highs and also more rms power.

Though Norge audio specify that Norge 1000 Gold has 92 watts rms per channel, at 8 ohms, but I will say that it is 92 watts rms at 1 khz, but not for the entire spectrum. For the entire spectrum of 20 to 20,000 hz the power of Norge 1000 Gold will be about 60 watts rms per channel at 8 ohms. Whereas Marantz PM6006 has 45 watts rms per channel, at 8 ohms, in the entire spectrum of 20 to 20,000 hz.
For the same music and same volume, if Norge volume pot goes up to 9 O' clock position, then Marantz volume pot has to go upto 10 O' clock position. Powerwise, Norge has more power.

2605 has been aligned to the 12' wall.

Since the speakers are front ported, there is not much distance between the rear wall and speakers, hardly 12", and the speakers are about 5 feet away from each other. No sub, as said earlier, it is difficult to perfectly integrate the subs and front speakers, so I don't want to waste time in that.

For interconnects, I use Prolink cables, and for speaker wire, I use copper speaker wire no. 23/36, which is roughly 0.7 sq mm..

As I said earlier, I like the sound signatures of both Norge and Marantz.

Marantz PM6006 and Sonodyne 2605v2 combo is warm and cool, cosy and comfortable, sweet and lively, but not for partying. Lows are neutral, mids may be just slightly forward, highs are neutral, an overall balance.

Norge 1000 Gold and Sonodyne 2605v2 combo is the same as above, but with slightly forward highs, with the added advantage of partying in home because of the slightly forward highs and also more rms power.

Though Norge audio specify that Norge 1000 Gold has 92 watts rms per channel, at 8 ohms, but I will say that it is 92 watts rms at 1 khz, but not for the entire spectrum. For the entire spectrum of 20 to 20,000 hz the power of Norge 1000 Gold will be about 60 watts rms per channel at 8 ohms. Whereas Marantz PM6006 has 45 watts rms per channel, at 8 ohms, in the entire spectrum of 20 to 20,000 hz.
For the same music and same volume, if Norge volume pot goes up to 9 O' clock position, then Marantz volume pot has to go upto 10 O' clock position. Powerwise, Norge has more power.

2605 has been aligned to the 12' wall.

Since the speakers are front ported, there is not much distance between the rear wall and speakers, hardly 12", and the speakers are about 5 feet away from each other. No sub, as said earlier, it is difficult to perfectly integrate the subs and front speakers, so I don't want to waste time in that.

For interconnects, I use Prolink cables, and for speaker wire, I use copper speaker wire no. 23/36, which is roughly 0.7 sq mm..
Excellent Info !!!. Thank you so much. Credit goes to you if I go for this combo.

Excellent Info !!!. Thank you so much. Credit goes to you if I go for this combo.
I just checked again, comparing the sound signatures of Norge 1000 and Marantz PM6006, same music, approx same volume levels, same speaker 2605, it is all the same, and the differences in the sound signatures is as mentioned earlier, no change to that.

So finally, if you are ok with the simple looks of Norge, you want more power, do not need a remote control, loudness button, coaxial or optical inputs, then you should go ahead with Norge without a second thought and you will not repent. You will also save a lot of money. But if you want the looks of Marantz, will do with less power, need remote control, loudness button, coaxial or optical inputs, then you should go ahead with Marantz.

One more thing, the loudness button is not required in Norge, because in low volume levels also, the lows are very well balanced with the mids and highs. In Marantz, the loudness button may be required in low volume levels, depending upon the individual listener and type of music. As far Dali is concerned, it can sound harsh in certain music.

For your budget consider vintage amps, when sourced from the right seller or if you can hear them before the purchase, generally they are a safe bet from well known brands. Plus they are a great return on your investment, vintage amps without the built in DACs and other digital sources potentially outweigh new ones as far as value for money is concerned. If your source is going to be digital you will need a separate good DAC later anyway.

At the same time for your budget look at the best bookshelves available, a bookshelf speaker costing 40K and the floorstander for the same price, which reasons to be better generally speaking? Especially if you are going with a sub you can forego the need for a floorstander. Mind though that integrating a sub properly with a stereo setup is notoriously difficult to do. Even then I would recommend to go with quality bookshelves than a budget floorstander.

For your budget consider vintage amps, when sourced from the right seller or if you can hear them before the purchase, generally they are a safe bet from well known brands. Plus they are a great return on your investment, vintage amps without the built in DACs and other digital sources potentially outweigh new ones as far as value for money is concerned. If your source is going to be digital you will need a separate good DAC later anyway.

At the same time for your budget look at the best bookshelves available, a bookshelf speaker costing 40K and the floorstander for the same price, which reasons to be better generally speaking? Especially if you are going with a sub you can forego the need for a floorstander. Mind though that integrating a sub properly with a stereo setup is notoriously difficult to do. Even then I would recommend to go with quality bookshelves than a budget floorstander.
I see Swans M200MKII in your signature for your bedroom. How do they perform at a 6-8' listening distance? Does it have a wide sweet spot? I have Swans M50W. They are amazing with superb sound clarity, details and stereo image. But they are near fields. They sound excellent at 3-4' in a triangle. But details fade if you move away. I wanted more. Hence the idea of going Amp+Towers way. I am considering M200MKIII too. How do you rate Swans M200MKIII from this video? It has various genres. Could you please throw some idea as to how they compare with regular towers or bookshelves?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back