Please suggest a stereo setup for 50K

I see Swans M200MKII in your signature for your bedroom. How do they perform at a 6-8' listening distance? Does it have a wide sweet spot? I have Swans M50W. They are amazing with superb sound clarity, details and stereo image. But they are near fields. They sound excellent at 3-4' in a triangle. But details fade if you move away. I wanted more. Hence the idea of going Amp+Towers way. I am considering M200MKIII too. How do you rate Swans M200MKIII from this video? It has various genres. Could you please throw some idea as to how they compare with regular towers or bookshelves?

I have the M200MKIII and can say that they are very good and ideal for listening distance of max 6 feet. They are certainly an option you should strongly consider as they equally well as a passive amp & speakers combo.

Thanks for the offer. I am unable to decide.

That happens with almost all of us at some point of time or other, so you are not alone. It would be best if you start auditioning what all is available in your city to form an opinion of what characteristics you like/dislike post which you will get better understanding on which way to proceed with specific speakers/amps, etc. Forums can only provide so much information and advise, rest is upto you to take forward with regard to starting the audio journey, good luck!

That happens with almost all of us at some point of time or other, so you are not alone. It would be best if you start auditioning what all is available in your city to form an opinion of what characteristics you like/dislike post which you will get better understanding on which way to proceed with specific speakers/amps, etc. Forums can only provide so much information and advise, rest is upto you to take forward with regard to starting the audio journey, good luck!
FMs were too helpful. Instead of running in too many directions, they helped me narrowing down with right options.
I have shortlisted:

Amps : Norge 1000 Gold or Marantz PM6006
Speakers : Sonus 2605 or Dali Zensor 5

I will audition them in a couple of weeks. But will wait for the arrival of Pioneer FS52 which has rave reviews worldwide. No stocks anywhere. No response to the wanted thread. They are supposed to arrive this month. Then I will make a final decision.

The MKIII are supposedly a marked improvement over the MKII version. I have not heard the MKIII but going by what I have, they should then be very good. I have said this before, pair the Swans with a decent DAC and you will have a nice entry-level system or maybe a little better than entry-level.

Around 6 ft listening distance should be fine for the Swans, these are easily the substitute of 4-5 inch driver bookshelves.

I am confused if have done a mistake pulling trigger on AV RECEIVER Marantz SR5006 along with TAGA 606SE 5.0. I presumed they make great pair for audio. They are fantastic for movies but not meeting my expectations in music. My requirement is 75% Music specially pop & Metal. Not sure if i have to purchase a different gear for my requirement? Apprehensive what to do with the gear i hold.
Please advice if i have to purchase a new setup then what is best for a stereo setup? Budget approximately 50k.

I am confused if have done a mistake pulling trigger on AV RECEIVER Marantz SR5006 along with TAGA 606SE 5.0. I presumed they make great pair for audio. They are fantastic for movies but not meeting my expectations in music. My requirement is 75% Music specially pop & Metal. Not sure if i have to purchase a different gear for my requirement? Apprehensive what to do with the gear i hold.
Please advice if i have to purchase a new setup then what is best for a stereo setup? Budget approximately 50k.
Have you done proper placement of the speakers? Can you post pictures of the current setup. Placement can be tricky.

My suggestion - start simple :
- Wharfedale Diamond 220 bookshelf speakers ~ Rs 20K
- Marantz PM5005 Amp ~ Rs 20K / Marantz PM 6006 Amp ~ 36K

Start with this. You may find that you dont need a sub, for the sort of music you want to listen to.

You can always add a sub later if required.

Excellent recommendations.. Everyone is suggesting a stereo amplifier to satisfy my thirst for pure audio. Please do suggest me how i disolve my current gear

Have you done proper placement of the speakers? Can you post pictures of the current setup. Placement can be tricky.
I have tried all possible methods of moving speaker positions. Finally learnt that AVR is not designed to deliver Audio of stereo amp quality. Its only good for movies.

I have tried all possible methods of moving speaker positions. Finally learnt that AVR is not designed to deliver Audio of stereo amp quality. Its only good for movies.
+1 for BA26
It is vfm imo
Did u checked this
I never tried this norge.
Before taking plunge audition first with your favourite songs.
Possible carry pendrive with you.
Since you already own AVR SR5006 my suggestion would be,buy bookshelf and try stereo mode removing the other speakers and tweaking your avr little bit.
What is your source of input? is it pendrive/ bluetooth /cdp /pc what kind of audio/Audio Source ur are trying to play?

Last edited:
+1 for BA26
It is vfm imo
Did u checked this
I never tried this norge.
Before taking plunge audition first with your favourite songs.
Possible carry pendrive with you.
Since you already own AVR SR5006 my suggestion would be,buy bookshelf and try stereo mode removing the other speakers and tweaking your avr little bit.
What is your source of input? is it pendrive/ bluetooth /cdp /pc what kind of audio/Audio Source ur are trying to play?
My source is FLAC, CD & MP3. I have connected Norge stereo amp to my towers and babies sounded melodious.
I also tried the stereo mode in AVR just connecting the towers. Not delivering the quality.

Marantz pm6006 with boston BA 26 or Mission LX2
BA 26 are not natural sounding, Warf Diamonds are much better. As far as Marantz is concerned, also consider Norge preferably 1000 Gold. I have both, its all the same, just 5 to 10% variation, each better in it's own way. If you go for Norge, you can even pair it with the Norge Milleniums or the Ultimos, excellent sound.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you can pair a Norge 1000 with your present FS front speakers. You can use two pairs of simple two way switches to toggle between your avr and stereo amp. You can later decide which speakers to go for your stereo amp.

Last edited:
Few months back I was looking out for a similar setup and ended up with Yamaha RS-202BL stereo amp paired with Mission MX3 towers. Also have serially connected a polk dsw 1000 sub for movies/Netflix/DTH watching.
Initially used to run sub for music as well, but after some initial burn out time on Mission MX3, very much satisfied with Towers alone.
If not Mission MX3, if you can manage to source an used Tannoy Mercury V4 towers, it'll be an even more better combo IMO.

Only negative about the amp is that it doesn't have any digital inputs.

BA 26 are not natural sounding, Warf Diamonds are much better. As far as Marantz is concerned, also consider Norge preferably 1000 Gold. I have both, its all the same, just 5 to 10% variation, each better in it's own way. If you go for Norge, you can even pair it with the Norge Milleniums or the Ultimos, excellent sound.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you can pair a Norge 1000 with your present FS front speakers. You can use two pairs of simple two way switches to toggle between your avr and stereo amp. You can later decide which speakers to go for your stereo amp.
In my opinion Boston is well integrated with Marantz..and output is awesome...warfedale is also a warm sounding speakers..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back