Please suggest Blu-ray player with mkv/mp4/dlna/wifi support

rshri

Hi,

I would like to buy blu-ray player for my father.

Most of his videos are in mkv/mp4 format (h264) either stored in DVD-R / DVD+R discs or in a DLNA server(over WiFi). TV is not smart TV, so we would like the blu-ray player to have apps like YouTube.
We would also like it to have ability to cast mobile screens (not sure whether this is possible through blu-ray player)
No 4K upscaling required. Can save cost there.

Budget is 10-12K or less.

I have no experience with blu-ray players, so all possible suggestions & advice from all fellow members is welcome :)

Thanks!

Hi,

With the features you are looking out for, you may need to raise your budget..

Look for Pioneer, Samsung and LG brands...Sony certain models...

Philips is one option which you have already mentioned, another is Samsung BD-H6500 (don't know if this is still avbl in market).

Samsung Blu ray Player Price, 3D Smart Blu ray Player Specs India

If you can increase your budget slightly by another 2-3k then check out if you can get hold of pioneer BDP170 / 180 (Preferred), lot superior to Philips/Samsung.

Else wait for another 2months lot of new series player will get launched during festival season :eek:hyeah:

Regards,
Binu
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42PJ650 Plasma | Denon 1612 | Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones | Bose Acoustimass Series 3 |

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back