Please suggest cheap speakers, indian made, DIY, anything!

Shaklebolt,

I am sorry if my previous msg have offended you but u werent specific in your first post.

As cranky had said Audio Engine A2 are the best powered speakers at around 10k it would give you much better sound than going for a a/v receiver with a entry level FS.

You try and audition the A2 and see if it is to your liking, if not go for the Wharfedale 9.1 along with your receiver.

If you do not have this much budget m sure anybody would agree that you wait for a while save some more money and get these coz I do think it would be really worth the wait rather than spending it on not so good speakers just for the sake it.

In the meanwhile you can also go through numerous threads in this forum as well as others regarding entry level setup and gain more knowledge about these.

I hope you understand why I am saying this I (as well as others in this forum)do not want you to invest your hard earned money in any entry level setup and not be satisfied after sometime.

Ok I just read your latest post decent FS would start from around 30k the wharfe 9.5 Mordaunt Short Avant 904,906 would be within that. Tannoy F4 would be in the lower 30's.

Have not heard the Mission but quite a few members in this forum had taken to Mission M34,35 which are around 20k and by popular opinion well worth the money. You can check this post

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/4331-please-post-review-mission.html

All the best with your quest. I have nto heard any Norge equipment and I did not like the Sonodynes I have heard with a little more money Mordaunt Shorts where much better.

I just need 2 BS / FS for now, preferably FS because BSs don't look good in my room, essentially because I use the projector and sitting on the width and not the length, so BS hanging out from a side wall looks bad. I know FS without a decent budget sucks, but...

I am looking forward to expand later my setup so powered speakers will be just waste of money.

I've noted your comment on Ahujas Yammys and Onkyos...

Thanks!

BTW, how much does a pair of decent FS cost? Something that I don't have to dispose off when I expand my system?

Try auditioning mission M35i or m34i. It is really good.

Hai Shaklebolt,

The latest Bookshelf speakers from NORGE called "Nano" have got good reviews and "Best buy" tag from AVMAX mag in June 2009 issue. It is 2 way model and priced Rs.6750/- per pair. Consider it if within your budget. It has Wavecor M/Woofer (4.5 inch) and Peerless tweeters.

Thanks

N Murali

Hai Shaklebolt,

The latest Bookshelf speakers from NORGE called "Nano" have got good reviews and "Best buy" tag from AVMAX mag in June 2009 issue. It is 2 way model and priced Rs.6750/- per pair. Consider it if within your budget. It has Wavecor M/Woofer (4.5 inch) and Peerless tweeters.

Thanks

N Murali

Thanks sir, but I'm biased towards towers. More so now that I have some hope to repair my mirage (So I'll use that for surrounds and then two towers fro front.

Thanks sir, but I'm biased towards towers. More so now that I have some hope to repair my mirage (So I'll use that for surrounds and then two towers fro front.

Hai Shaklebolt,

You can contact Audio Craft at Chennai, Mr.Mark address is given elsewhere in the forum. I have heard a couple of their Floor stander speakers, they are a great bang for the buck.

N Murali

Last edited:
There is company called Himatone in Delhi. Looks like they have decent speaker line....visit them with your AVR and choose what sound best.

Himatone

please do never visit himatone.......its crap:mad: . i happened to hear them 3 years back in delhi by chance - absolute rubbish. DO no pay money to buy worthless stuff - even a yht 195 (yamaha 363) would sound better with tweaking.:clapping:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back