2.0 BT Speakers for my Workdesk setup - Budget is 15K max

medianandha

Hi all,

I am looking for a decent Bookshelf speaker with Bluetooth for my work desk setup. The maximum budget is 15k.

As of now, I have shortlisted the following 3 models.

1. PreSonus Eris E3.5 - 14K
2. Edifier R1855DB - 14.5K
3. Edifier R1280DBs - 12K

As this is for a Workdesk setup, I certainly don't want a 2.1 or separate sub as it ll occupy more space.

So Any other good suggestions I need to think of? Pls recommend.

Unfortunately Couldnt audition any ot he above speakers in my area. So totally depending on the Social media Reviews and Geeks suggestions.

Hi all,

I am looking for a decent Bookshelf speaker with Bluetooth for my work desk setup. The maximum budget is 15k.

As this is for a Workdesk setup, I certainly don't want a 2.1 or separate sub as it ll occupy more space.

So Any other good suggestions I need to think of? Pls recommend.

Unfortunately Couldnt audition any ot he above speakers in my area. So totally depending on the Social media Reviews and Geeks suggestions.

Hi

Edifier is good and has got a nice positive response in the market. Here are some more options to add...

If no chance to audition, you can rely on user reviews available and also Youtube to arrive at a decision.

All the best!

Edifier R1855DB is the best option under 15k. You can get it for as low as 12k during sale in Amazon.

Apart from the reviews online, in my personal experience all speakers which has amp in one of the boxes has a noticeable difference in sound between left and right boxes due to their volume differences inside the box. Had audio engines a2, m audio studiophile, Samson bt3, micro lab b70 and had heard presonus eris 3.5. Also I had a cheaper Bose companion, everywhere what bothered me was always, the difference in tonality between left and right. Samson bt3 with ports closed with a foam was suprinsigly good.

Couple of points.

1. I have been using an Edifier 1280 for the last one year. Though the sound is very good for casual listening, it has to be at least 5 feet from you for you to enjoy the sound. If you listen to it from 2 or 3 feet, it will overwhelm you.

2. Unless you are a sound editor, monitors such as the MR4 are just not suited for use with a computer on a casual basis.

What will be idea are small speakers with some 10-12 watts of power. One such ideal candidate is the Edifier Exclaim E10. These are designed to be used with a computer. Logitech and other companies have similar speakers.

The Edifier E10 is just 6K and will fit your requirements. I have heard it a few times and it sounds quite good. It delivers good base, a large sound stage, and enough SPL for near field listening.

Cheers

Couple of points.

1. I have been using an Edifier 1280 for the last one year. Though the sound is very good for casual listening, it has to be at least 5 feet from you for you to enjoy the sound. If you listen to it from 2 or 3 feet, it will overwhelm you.

2. Unless you are a sound editor, monitors such as the MR4 are just not suited for use with a computer on a casual basis.

What will be idea are small speakers with some 10-12 watts of power. One such ideal candidate is the Edifier Exclaim E10. These are designed to be used with a computer. Logitech and other companies have similar speakers.

The Edifier E10 is just 6K and will fit your requirements. I have heard it a few times and it sounds quite good. It delivers good base, a large sound stage, and enough SPL for near field listening.

Cheers

I have this doubt while I am selecting the speakers. You nailed it. Most of the time I just wanted to hear some mild music that doesn't disturb my workflow.

Also I wanted to use the same speakers when I am viewing the movies (Occasionally) with the projector. So I planned to go for it. But need to think over again after your suggestion.

I have this doubt while I am selecting the speakers. You nailed it. Most of the time I just wanted to hear some mild music that doesn't disturb my workflow.

Also I wanted to use the same speakers when I am viewing the movies (Occasionally) with the projector. So I planned to go for it. But need to think over again after your suggestion.
I doubt you can get speakers that can play the dual role you are looking for. If you are watching movies on the laptop or monitor, what I suggested will suffice.

A large screen will need more power and large speakers. As an alternative, you can look at a sound bar with a sub that may be good for both. You can get decent soundbars under 15k.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Have you selected your sets ?? It so please share your experience.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back