Please suggest Good speaker wires & Banana plugs Available in India

manofx

Hi Guys Does banana plugs makes any improvement in quality rather than neatness ?

Please Suggest Good speaker wires & Banana plugs Available in India

I am Going to Buy Polk setup in few days

Some Dealer suggested me this wire brand .. is this any good ?

RR KABEL 2CORE X 1.5MM SPEAKER WIRE 90METER

Thank You

Last edited:
Does banana plugs makes any improvement in quality rather than neatness ?
It changes sound quality in fact. It can be better or spoil the original sound.Banana plug may enhance certain frequencies which you may like or may not.

Hi Guys Does banana plugs makes any improvement in quality rather than neatness ?

RR KABEL 2CORE X 1.5MM SPEAKER WIRE 90METER​

Thank You

There are non moving brands and some dealers would push those across to clear their stock. Depending on where you will place the speakers in the room (distance from the AVR), you need to decide on the gauge (thickness) and also the brand as there are different price ranges.

As for Banana plugs there are multiple reviews that suggest sound quality is better, or wires stay fastened better. There are variety of such connectors, before you make any purchase (depending on your budget), check the AVR speaker connection slots, most plugs are universal and some may not fit.

Lots of options available on Amazon etc where you can read reviews, compare pricing and take a call. There are also other online dealers who sell the same, you can review those too.

All the best!

If you would be interested in AudioNote An-La pure copper litz pair with banana termination 1.5mts/each let me know. Yes they are expensive

Basic amazonbasics cables are not great. They are just coated with copper.
Yes most of the local speaker wires are copper coated aluminium wire. Cheap and best option is to use Finolex 2.5 sqmm household wire it’s 90% copper and cheap. This option is mostly used in theatres. I am not a big fan of high end speaker cables….

Yes most of the local speaker wires are copper coated aluminium wire. Cheap and best option is to use Finolex 2.5 sqmm household wire it’s 90% copper and cheap. This option is mostly used in theatres. I am not a big fan of high end speaker cables….
So am I. I use polycab 12 Awg wires.

Thicker wire is required when you cross 15feet length else 1.5 sqmm is fine.

1.5 sqmm wire can safely carry 10 amps @240 volts = 2400 watts. All our house wiring for lights and fixtures are with 1.5 sqmm and they go well over 15 feet. Now, in most cases, the amplifiers are connected to a wall power socket run with 1.5 sqmm copper wires. Assuming that the amplifier has a massive 2400 watts power supply, one Channel driven still cannot cross 2400 Watts. Other than feel good factor, why would some one need a more thicker wire ? It has .01 Ohm Resistance per metre of wire.

Now is 10 amps the max what a 1.5 sqmm wire carry ? Not at all, that is for house wiring considering all the safety factor and so on. So in my opinion, unless monstrous power is being pushed in to the speakers, there is no need to over do ! For a moment , take a look at the amplifier power supply wire thickness, that should give a fair idea how much is needed.

1.5 sqmm wire can safely carry 10 amps @240 volts = 2400 watts. All our house wiring for lights and fixtures are with 1.5 sqmm and they go well over 15 feet. Now, in most cases, the amplifiers are connected to a wall power socket run with 1.5 sqmm copper wires. Assuming that the amplifier has a massive 2400 watts power supply, one Channel driven still cannot cross 2400 Watts. Other than feel good factor, why would some one need a more thicker wire ? It has .01 Ohm Resistance per metre of wire.

Now is 10 amps the max what a 1.5 sqmm wire carry ? Not at all, that is for house wiring considering all the safety factor and so on. So in my opinion, unless monstrous power is being pushed in to the speakers, there is no need to over do ! For a moment , take a look at the amplifier power supply wire thickness, that should give a fair idea how much is needed.
I can understand the logic, but Yamaha gives speaker wires specification to be used for their receivers. There has to be some reason for this R&D…

science and speaker cables don’t go along ;)... Amazon basics cables with CL2 certified should be good to go which Comes with banana plugs. Monoprice cables have the same standards of Amazon basics cables.

Always good to see someone talking logically in a speaker wire thread ;)

Thank You
Cables are very important, good cables are enhance sound quality. Try for audioquest or kimber

Thank You
I can vouch for monoprice angled banana plugs. Have installed two dozen of them on one receiver and one stereo amp and three sets of speakers throughout my house. A real space saver these angled plugs are especially if you keep your amp close to the wall and space is right

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back