Please suggest hi fi system to listen to Indian Music(Cinema, Ghazal, Classical etc.)

vizmarg

Hi,
Please suggest me a dedicated hi fi system to listen to only Indian music of all genres.
I have vinyl lps, audio cds, flacs, wav, and would like to have the optimum quality to listen to my music.
Additionally, I would like streaming facility from my server and net to listen to music.

Thanks in advance.. am confused by the choices available.. need something definitive that only caters to our music.

Re: Please suggest hi fi system to listen to Indian Music(Cinema, Ghazal, Classical e

What is your budget and what is the size of your room?

Re: Please suggest hi fi system to listen to Indian Music(Cinema, Ghazal, Classical e

Hi,
Please suggest me a dedicated hi fi system to listen to only Indian music of all genres.
I have vinyl lps, audio cds, flacs, wav, and would like to have the optimum quality to listen to my music.
Additionally, I would like streaming facility from my server and net to listen to music.

Thanks in advance.. am confused by the choices available.. need something definitive that only caters to our music.

For you musical preference, I would suggest Lyrita Audio.

HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO SYSTEMS

-helium

Am planning to go with Norge 1000+ Norge TWR 125 MK III. What do you all think?

good. I would like streaming facility from my server and net to listen to music.thanks
5.gif

@elevengo .. Sir have zeroed down on the amps and the speakers..htpc/streaming will follow later. Hope am following the correct path?

a lot of the older indian music has a lot of highs in it and is quite bright. i would suggest going with a warmer sounding system to reduce listening fatigue

@afj What do you suggest ??

whats your budget. i havent listened to norge but the wharfedale diamonds paired with a yamaha amp would be good.

ya you should get the wharfedales and the yamaha for that price. look at the bookshelves

Why don't you look at the Tannoy Mercury V1 bookshelves. They have a good tonal balance and detail. Good for classical and Bollywood music.And a new pair comes for around 14K.

Link it up with a 40W or 50W warm sounding amp and you are on.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers:)

Thanks a lot.. how about decent FS+ budget amps in this range... am not averse to the Indian brands (Sonodyne, Norge etc.)?

Thanks a lot.. how about decent FS+ budget amps in this range... am not averse to the Indian brands (Sonodyne, Norge etc.)?

There are a few forum members who are building absolutely amazing speakers. Hari's TL speakers, the Serenata, and if I remember correctly, there were a couple of people in Calcutta who were building speakers as well. I remember a long time ago, a forum member from Calcutta also posted details about a Madisound kit he had designed with good quality Scanspeak drivers - and it was available at a discount too.

Not saying you have to assemble a kit yourself, but saying that you will get far better quality by looking at local options than with commercial mass market speakers.

If you think of the markup involved in (especially) imported speakers, after factoring in transportation, storage, showroom overhead, dealer markup etc., you are getting very little speaker for your money.

at that budget i suggest bookshelves. much better sound quality

Get MS Aviano 1 or 2 and Marantz PM5004. They complement each other very well.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back