please suggest plasma, led or lcd tv for this budget

3dsmaxed

hi everyone. my first post here.

i am looking to buy an led or lcd tv or plasma( which i have read has best picture quality) along with a decent home theatre system.
40 inches size is what m looking at. full hd,usb must and internet features also must .
i just had a look at sony bravia models as of now.
please suggest best value for money whether its panasonic sony or samsung.
sony led tv plus home theatre 1000w is costing around 80 k. Also how to decide between lcd, led or plasma or 3d led?

Also i liked this plasma from Panasonic.

Panasonic Viera TH-P42UT30D

kindly advise

thanks

i am looking to buy an led or lcd tv or plasma( which i have read has best picture quality) along with a decent home theatre system.
40 inches size is what m looking at. full hd,usb must and internet features also must .
sony led tv plus home theatre 1000w is costing around 80 k. Also how to decide between lcd, led or plasma or 3d led?

kindly advise

thanks

I am not an expert. Even I don't have a HDTV as well. I am planning to get one for myself. I posted similar queries before.
You can check my thread to get some ideas/suggestion that I've received from experts.

thanks mate.
ur thread was really helpful. everyone suggesting the 50 " UT50 but i would go for the 42" one. its available for 70K in chandigarh along with the HT offer.
is the price right?

And whats the difference between this and the 42" UT30D tv as that one i am getting for 50k without HT and as per dealer the only difference is the web browser in the UT 50.

Please correct me if am wrong. for now i think i will go for 42" UT 50

Thanks

kindly advise

thanks

You need to separate the TV from Home Theatre, lets look at them separately.

TV : You have a choice between LED/LCD or Plasma. I always recommend plasma for many reasons, you can search some earlier forums. There is lot of discussion on Plasma vs LED. Panasonic makes some of the best plasma tv's. However, they have launched their 2012 line up, so if you are looking for entry level tv's suggest to stick with their 2012 models.
42X50 (2D), 42XT50 (3D) and 42UT50 (3D) would be the entry level Panasonic plasma tv's. They all are great tv's. You can check them at your local store and then decide. All tv's now come with internet features including wifi support.

HT : if you want a good system on a tight budget, then HTIBs are the best for you. You can look at Denon 1312XP or Onkyo HT-S3500, both are great entry level HTIB systems. The rule is always to hear the system and then decide. These should cost between 25-30k. Increase you budget and your options also go up............

Thanks Aakash for the response.
actually i am not a TV buff but just want to upgrade technology with time. this would be my first Plasma. i dont watch tv for more than 2-3 hours combined in a week. for movies i am doing so on my IPAd as of now. but i want to shift to PLASMA for movie watching experience. i really liked this 42UT50 and i dont want any fancy or over the budget HT and this one that they are giving suits me fine plus it fits into my budget.i dont want to increase the budget as i am planning to buy A PS3 also and other stuff related to my entertainment suite

Thanks for the advice though and i hope my choice of 42" UT 50 is good enough.my room size is 12 X 12 and viewing distance is 8' - 9'

Panasonic has an offer - they have bundled the HTIB with the purchase of some plasma and LED TV's. The offer is valid for a limited period of time. Visit the showroom and confirm which TV has the offer.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back