Back in the Market after 10 Years : Please suggest best 75" TV

slash1814

OLED / QLED no bar, irrespective of the price, please suggest the best TV.
The upgrade shall be from 10 year old Sony 40" LED TV, but I am updated on what's going on in TV market ;)

Cheers

OLED / QLED no bar, irrespective of the price, please suggest the best TV.
The upgrade shall be from 10 year old Sony 40" LED TV, but I am updated on what's going on in TV market ;)

Cheers
Wait for the 77" G3 or the 75" Sony A95L.

Wait for the 77" G3 or the 75" Sony A95L.
Yeah, looks like very few options.
1. Sony A80K (77")
2. LG C2 (77")
3. Samsung QN 90A (75")
4. TCL C835 {75"} (...any views on this one?)

lastly, Sony X90K (75") ..last choice if at all I have to pick it.
Its for a bright living room, it will have curtains :)

Yeah, looks like very few options.
1. Sony A80K (77")
2. LG C2 (77")
3. Samsung QN 90A (75")
4. TCL C835 {75"} (...any views on this one?)

lastly, Sony X90K (75") ..last choice if at all I have to pick it.
Its for a bright living room, it will have curtains :)
All of these are kinda bad options:

1. A80K is really dim and honestly not impressive at all. I believe the sticker price will be over 3.5 lakhs. You’d be better off with a 65” OLED under 2 lakhs like the G2 for 1.7-1.8 or a C2 for 1.6 odd

2. C2 is basically the same as A80k, but slightly brighter and worse speakers. Again not worth it for the 77”.

3. Samsung QN90A/B/C: depends on the price. Worth a look if you can get under 3 lakhs, especially the B/C

4. C835 75” is out of stock everywhere. Also the C845 is a major upgrade + cheaper. So better wait

I’m also looking for a 75” for the living room (have a 65” QDOLED for bedroom) and honestly no good choices. I’m waiting till Diwali

All of these are kinda bad options:

1. A80K is really dim and honestly not impressive at all. I believe the sticker price will be over 3.5 lakhs. You’d be better off with a 65” OLED under 2 lakhs like the G2 for 1.7-1.8 or a C2 for 1.6 odd

2. C2 is basically the same as A80k, but slightly brighter and worse speakers. Again not worth it for the 77”.

3. Samsung QN90A/B/C: depends on the price. Worth a look if you can get under 3 lakhs, especially the B/C

4. C835 75” is out of stock everywhere. Also the C845 is a major upgrade + cheaper. So better wait

I’m also looking for a 75” for the living room (have a 65” QDOLED for bedroom) and honestly no good choices. I’m waiting till Diwali
I feel the same about A80K / C2.
Samsung can be had for approx 3 lakh, but its QN 90B.
TCL C835 is in stock for 2.3 Lakhs. I am not sure about the performance.

My only reservation about Samsung QLED is lack of Dolby Vision. I know TV specs matter and all...but when you are paying hefty money...why to miss out on an important attribute (DV) that is embraced by ace OTT platforms. Even if you buy samsung that grudge will always be there, like...I wish I had dolby vision as well.

There could be only 77 A95 series in oled. I think he means 75" X95L
Ah yes you're right. Samsung QD-OLED panel is also 77" only. I thought only LG panels are 77.

No, I didn't mean X95. Sony LCD TVs are overpriced for the image quality. They ask OLED money for LCD quality.

I feel the same about A80K / C2.
Samsung can be had for approx 3 lakh, but its QN 90B.
3 lakh for QN90B is borderline. I'd get it as a last resort.
TCL C835 is in stock for 2.3 Lakhs. I am not sure about the performance.
It went as low as 1.9 lakh last year on Croma: https://www.croma.com/tcl-c835-189-...tv-with-voice-assistance-2022-model-/p/255764

My only reservation about Samsung QLED is lack of Dolby Vision. I know TV specs matter and all...but when you are paying hefty money...why to miss out on an important attribute (DV) that is embraced by ace OTT platforms. Even if you buy samsung that grudge will always be there, like...I wish I had dolby vision as well.
IMO dolby vision doesn't matter much. I'd much rather have 4 HDMI 2.1 ports and no dolby vision over 2 HDMI 2.1 ports and dolby vision.

Dolby Vision is just tone-mapping at a scene-by-scene basis while HDR10 is at entire movie level. However, this doesn't matter for TVs over 1000 nits as they don't need to tone-map almost anything.

Got Samsung QN90B. Thanks for your inputs 🙏. Now Samsung provides 1 year warranty only. What are the long term warranty options here? Samsung or any other company ?

Got Samsung QN90B. Thanks for your inputs 🙏. Now Samsung provides 1 year warranty only. What are the long term warranty options here? Samsung or any other company ?
One year warranty is pretty good for LCDs. For a TV, 99% of failures happen in first 2-3 months of ownership.

If your TV lasts the first few months, it will last through 5-6 years easily. Extended warranty is most likely a scam. They’ll try to weasel out of it if something goes wrong anyway and reject your claim.

Extended warranty is worth it for OLEDs if burn in is covered. Else that’s pointless too.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back