Please suggest some screens

sanbabu

Hi

I am looking for projector screen for my HD projector. Cam anybody suggest good screens 100-150 inch diagnol and the pricing of the same.

Thanks

To guide you please answer below questions.

What's your budget?
Are you looking for a Motorized screen, Fixed screen or Manual pull down screen?
What will be your viewing distance?
How big is your room?
Which Projector you own?

To guide you please answer below questions.

What's your budget?
Are you looking for a Motorized screen, Fixed screen or Manual pull down screen?
What will be your viewing distance?
How big is your room?
Which Projector you own?

My room is 12ft *12ft room. So viwing distance is around 10ft.
I am looking for both manual or motorised depending on the cost
I own optoma HD200X

90" screen will suit your room bigger than will be a overkill. There are many brands available in the market like grandview, Elite, Da-Lite etc. based on your budget. Motorized will be more expensive.

Among the brand mentioned above my preference will be Da-Lite.

Where you are planning to place your projector? Are you going to place the projector on table or ceiling mount. With optoma placement option will be a bit tricky pl. go through the placement calculator on Optoma website.

I think you can easily fit a 10 ft wide screen, leaving 1 ft on each sides for speakers. That would yield a 130" diagonal screen. You can go smaller to fit your screen. Just make sure that walls on both sides of the screen are either dark or covered with light absorbing material else it will reflect light back on screen and make the picture on edges look washed out.

But I am in favor of BIG screen. I have a 13 ft wide room, and went with 12 ft wide screen. Go BIG or go HOME. Good luck.

Last edited:
It is many a times one wants to go for a bigger screen, even if room size is lesser, which may not be a good idea on various counts of which often one is aware or being misguided but due to high lust of bigger screen one ignores this mother of a issue and will wake up to the reality sooner then later and by then the damage is done.

V.

90" screen will suit your room bigger than will be a overkill.

To keep a projector on table can never be a correct idea.

A person needs house to stay so does the projector.

A projector's house is the ceiling.

V.

Where you are planning to place your projector? Are you going to place the projector on table or ceiling mount. With optoma placement option will be a bit tricky pl. go through the placement calculator on Optoma website.

I hope many of the people in this forum have screens installed. Can somebody suggest good screens around 100" and their pricing.

For Grandview projector screens, contact Mr. Mahesh of
Ved Information Systems Pvt Ltd.,
Regd Off: Plot No.8, Road No.1, Janapriya Nagar, Miyapur, Hyderabad,
Andhra Pradesh, India 500050
Phone: +91-09032401149 / 09248301596
email : [email protected]

Cheers

In houses the walls are rarely in dark color. While in rarest of rare case one may use a material like fabric on the walls because 99% of them have paint or wall paper.

I think if one has a decent quality of screen and projector, there are hardly any issues of edges or any area looking washed out unless one paints flashy and related color etc on the wall or not handling well the outside or inside light.

V.

Just make sure that walls on both sides of the screen are either dark or covered with light absorbing material else it will reflect light back on screen and make the picture on edges look washed out.

10 Feet

I will say a projector is best avoided if the viewing distance is mere 10 feet.

If one is watching movies on regular basis then a better distance is much good.

I know of people who like to sit in a car on front seat because they claim that the a/c cooling is more better, while i prefer the rear seat for reasons, especially if one uses the car a/c regularly.

In other words some of them may say that even if they had a room length of 20 feet, still they would sit at 12/15 feet, and watch 100/150 movies a year over a whooping 100/120 Inches screen.

V.

vinay - how big should be a screen for the viewing distance of 10ft?

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back