Please suggest Speaker-Amp Combo for Music Only

anzy

Hi, As a newbie request your help in deciding the system for purely music.
Budget: 1.5 Lakhs (Speaker+Amp)
Room: 16x13 feet
Music: Rock, Hard Rock, Acoustic, Ghazals,

I am based in Hyderabad, hence the usual constraints of models apply :)

Reviews till date and personal views:
Focal 836 - Seemed bright for me
RX 6 - Rolled off highs, but still clear/transparent, good mid range and lows
Ikon 6 mk2 - Beautiful highs, Mid-ranges were a bit dull / muted (?), Lows were adequate
MS Aviano - Not impressive. The sound was muddled. not sure why.

Please suggest a good speaker+Amp combo. Thanks.

Thanks musicbee,

I heard Jamo a couple of years back, but did not find them good enough. Not sure the models.

Will definitely look them up again :)

imo the ma rx6 are the speakers to beat in its price range. they pair well with the nad but not so great for hard rock since the bass (though big) is distant and not as tight. the plus points of the nad is that its very musical. try out other amps like marantz and cambridge. cambridge is not as musical as the nad but bass is tighter so might suit your listening habits better

Afj, Thanks for your comments. I was also impressed with RX6 overall performance across the board. The amp I heard it with was MF M3i.

Where can I hear NAD / RX6 or Marantz / RX6 combo anywhere in Hyd/Sec?

Afj, Thanks for your comments. I was also impressed with RX6 overall performance across the board. The amp I heard it with was MF M3i.

Where can I hear NAD / RX6 or Marantz / RX6 combo anywhere in Hyd/Sec?

you're welcome to listen to the rs6 / nad combo at my home. pm me if you want to

hi,
i am also auditioning speaker n amp combo for myself too. as your budget Psb image T6 and NAD C356BEE combo will be good for you.
Audition before making decision.

Reviews till date and personal views:
Focal 836 - Seemed bright for me
RX 6 - Rolled off highs, but still clear/transparent, good mid range and lows
Ikon 6 mk2 - Beautiful highs, Mid-ranges were a bit dull / muted (?), Lows were adequate
MS Aviano - Not impressive. The sound was muddled. not sure why.

Please suggest a good speaker+Amp combo. Thanks.

Try the Monitor Audio RX8, Ikon 7 Mk2, KEF R500 and if you are ok with taking care of the speakers (covering them after every use, occasional vaccuming) and a smaller than normal sweet spot the Martin Logan Electromotion ESL. What do the Sonus Faber Liuto sell for?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back