pls help me in deciding ht packge...

panakhilesh

Dear Friends,
I am new to this form and wish to build a home theater system for my 12x12 room in Mumbai.
I am more in to music than movies and all downloaded so I need USB input system.
I visited Pro-FX store and they have some offers for a limited time.
1)DENON AVR-X-510 BT +POLK AUDIO 5.1 RM 6750 ..MRP. 72,000/- after discount MRP. 58,000/-
2)Pioneer VSX-523-K + POLK AUDIO 5.1 RM 6750 ..MRP. 66,000/- after discount MRP. 48,000/-
3) YAMAHA HTR-3087 +POLK AUDIO 5.1 RM 6750 ..MRP. 63,000/- after discount MRP. 42,000/-
Please suggest which offer should I choose..
Or will u suggest any other option..

thanks in advance

Hi Panakhilesh

This is only a suggestion...
Yamaha Receiver + Yamaha NS-8390 Tower speakers (approx 17k) OR Yamaha NS-333 Bookshelf speaker (11k) + Yamaha NS-P60 Speaker package (for Centre and Rear) (12k) + Yamaha YST-SW215 Subwoofer (Rs.18-19k)

Last edited:
for your room the package of rm-6750 is really good. The only con: subwoofer
First You need to provide some more details about your preferances
What is your movies: music listening ratio?
Are you open to buying bookshelf/floorstanders/satellite speakers?
What is your budget for the entire setup?

Since you are more into music then buying floorstanders would be ideal but you can do away with bookshelf as well but definately will not enjoy music with satellite speakers
You will be able to get denon avr-x510bt @28k from fairdeal electronics,mumbai for instance
So you can go in for separates according to your budget.
Would recommend onkyo ht-s5700 which would set you back 60k(54k with discount). A very good buy which will not let you go into hassles of compnent selection and matching. A very simple to set up system and you would have audyssey to do your calibrations.
ProFx will generally offer only 10-15% discount but seems like they are having special offers running currently.
Anyway if your buy separate you can get the avr at a good discount.
Would suggest visiting Fairdeal Electronics near crawford market and get some demos of basic systems like jbl,pioneer, jamo,harman/kardon,etc. Imran over there is a nice person and will guide you so visit him if it is possible.
Keep posting the updates and remember that audition is very important prior to purchase. You must be satisfied with the sound. Even if someone suggests you to buy any product please audition it yourself and make a brief comparison and then only jump in to buy the product. NO HASTY DECISIONS TO BE MADE, IT IS A VERY ENJOYABLE AND INFORMATIVE JOURNEY TO BUILD YOUR VERY OWN HT.

thanks a lot guys...
my music to movies ratio is 60:40...
budget is tight...40k...

i am open for seperates also....like an avr at an avrage of 25k .and rest speakers..can i go wharfedale diamond ( a pair only)...will it be good for music ....

the deal at profx is tempting..
pls suggest where i can audition..wharfedale..etc

THANKS A LOT....

can u guys suggest me a basic avr with usb.. mainly for music and movies...from manufacture like yamaha, pioneer, denon which can match well with wharfedale diamond...

and also where in mumbai can i audition wharfedales...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back