Pls suggest a boombox - Bose?

anm

I am looking for a boombox that is simple to use, and has lots of WAF. I should be able to easily carry it around (means portable, light and battery powered).
Must have FM and usb stick playback. Simple to use and WAF coz it is on demand by wife.
CDP, iphone/ ipod/ wifi, internet radio all desirable but not deal breaker.

Is bose the best out there, available in India?

You may bash me if you want but no one matches Bose when it comes to portable audio system design, I have heard many ipod docks but none matches the sound quality of Bose Docks. Most docks will be unable to handle high volumes and the sound will crack and distort but Bose wont.

The new SoundDock 10 is great though the size is a bit big.

For true hi fi setup you may go for other better brands leaving Bose behind.
:cool:)

splash.jpg

Listened to this last week@vector systems, Hyd. 35k...it is GOOD. Quality of the finish, sound is fresh and rich.

I would suggest you to please look at edifier IF360 - Eseina. Its got excellent sound + you have the facility of usb, ipod dock, CD, Radio, sd card... Its great, sounds quite good and is much cheaper than Bose. I have bought this and am a satisfied customer.

Last edited:
by boombox i didnt think you meant an ipod dock.

anyway i have two ipod docks - a jbl radial and a boston acoustics one.

jbl radial is very very good. i would think it is way cheaper than bose. i would suggest you audition it before you make your decision.

btw i bought my radial in 2008 for like $100 in walmart. at that time in many reviews it was considered the best ipod dock in the market in terms of sound quality.

Last edited:
I have recently purchased Nakamichi My soundspace 1, excellent sound quality for the size and ease. Its an ipod/ipone dock, has Aux input too but battery option ;)

Do listen to it if you can.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back