POLK AUDIO RESERVE R100 IMPRESSIONS!

@Akshit2111
On audition, if you like KEF house sound, do consider Q350 seriously.
Very few companies/models do co-concentric in this price range.
KEF is not greatest when it comes to tonality or gentle behavior.
But they will produce a dead center image and decent "spatiality" of sound/instruments.

Bias:
I own KEF R300 ;)

Cheers,
Raghu
I'd be eagerly waiting for your feedback.
It'll be interesting to know what kef lover has to say about the polks

How reliable are Tharbamar's reviews. Please share your feedback.
This guy is allegedly crooked. A few YouTube reviewers that I've spoken to and who i repose my trust in (notably sean from zerofidelity) say he's got arrangements with certain manufacturers/entities to give favourable and flowery reviews.

Last edited:
This guy is allegedly crooked. A few YouTube reviewers that I've spoken to and who i repose my trust in (notably sean from zerofidelity) say he's got arrangements with certain manufacturers/entities to give favourable and flowery reviews.
How do you interact with youtubers? Through email?
I had put them a msg on insta and safe for youthman noone replied.
Although sean also had some great things to say about these speakers.

How do you interact with youtubers? Through email?
Emails and live YT chats. The latter is a better bet.
I had put them a msg on insta and safe for youthman noone replied.
Although sean also had some great things to say about these speakers.
I'm not implying these are not good speakers at all. You heard them yesterday and loved them and that's what matters beyond any YT review affirming it. All I'm saying is to take these reviews with a pinch of salt. I've been down that path and paid my dues.

Leaving the reviews apart. This new line up form Polk look amazing. Especially the Matt Black in Colour.
I too have heard the Legend series and they were good. Found it to have a deeper bass extension and I am guessing this new R Series too would carry a similar signature. It’s really good to see Polk coming up with these sexy looking speakers. The pricing too seems very good.

R series doesn't only look good but has lot efforts put into the design and implementation to make it sound. Specially the R100 and R200 and their big daddy's the Floorstanding speakers.

I don't trust all the YT reviewers, @DB1989 said it right, in the end do you like it matters. But what sets a speaker to standout is many real life users liking it and having similar views.

Will be heading to ProFX soon!

R series doesn't only look good but has lot efforts put into the design and implementation to make it sound. Specially the R100 and R200 and their big daddy's the Floorstanding speakers.

I don't trust all the YT reviewers, @DB1989 said it right, in the end do you like it matters. But what sets a speaker to standout is many real life users liking it and having similar views.

Yes please do.
That is the issue we dont have many polk fans here at the forum.
Though i trust my ears but you need to be a mature audiophile to explore the subtle nuances.
A person like would easily gravitate towards a loud bright easy to drive speakers given i am not that experienced (only 4+ years in this journey).
Eagerly waiting for ppl with trained ears to give their stamp of approval :p

Check this guy out. Not a famous one but he has analysed all the reviews available on internet and given his own take on them.

One Mr Sushil Jadhav is the guy (perhaps in the capacity of the manager/demo guy) who is with Profx, Atria

Next time : relegate all the subjective reviews from YouTube influences like Guttenberg, Sean, thabarmar etc into the dustbin where they belongs. See these reviews for aesthetics and how they look with a system.

Go for solid objective reviews.....or if possible start learning how to read and interpret spinorama. You will start auditioning in your head looking at the graphs. (Much like Mozart could play music in his head from his notes)

PS: please check what you hear with the spinorama of R200. See if it correlates.

I am a Polk fan.
I have teh RTi series in my HT setup.

Feel they are excellent value , and under rated.

Am very keen to get feedback on the R200 and R500.
Will be watching out for reviews from fellow FMs.

Next time : relegate all the subjective reviews from YouTube influences like Guttenberg, Sean, thabarmar etc into the dustbin where they belongs. See these reviews for aesthetics and how they look with a system.

Go for solid objective reviews.....or if possible start learning how to read and interpret spinorama. You will start auditioning in your head looking at the graphs. (Much like Mozart could play music in his head from his notes)

PS: please check what you hear with the spinorama of R200. See if it correlates.
Sure ill learn that.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back