POLK AUDIO RESERVE R100 IMPRESSIONS!

Go for solid objective reviews.....or if possible start learning how to read and interpret spinorama. You will start auditioning in your head looking at the graphs. (Much like Mozart could play music in his head from his notes)
One can read music notes, but not its tone. How is one going to decode Tonality in the head? Tonality has to be expressed in words.

I am a Polk fan.
I have teh RTi series in my HT setup.

Feel they are excellent value , and under rated.

Am very keen to get feedback on the R200 and R500.
Will be watching out for reviews from fellow FMs.
Yes rtis are great bang for buck! Atleast now i can tell.
I wanted a speaker which if driven hard should not sound fatiguing.
Reserve reviews were that it sounds quite neutral. Though it was kinda blind buy i was quite skeptical as we indians generally tend to like a little sparkle. My wife for one she just hates speakers which are a little laidback. I was preparing her that these might be different from her usual thinking that these might be a little laidback but to my surprise they had that sparkle that she loves! And tbh she was enjoying them much much more than me!

As from my early impression and with my little knowledge
--the sound stage is phenomenal. ( infact even when i am to the side of speakers they sound just as good)
- the bass is tight. Not boomy and not loose My wife is insisting to sell the subwoofer. (Bachi hai🤣)
-compared to rtis they tend to focus a little more on the vocals. So i guess the mid range is quite good especially the female vocals.

Do let me know what else i can test and how also!
Yet to watch a movie on them.

1 hour into it-- expensive bass. (Tight)
My wife is liking them a lot. I guess i am sorted🤣
congrats on the purchase, which amp did you pair it with? I am also planning to buy these speakers. Have you tried putting them on a desktop by chance? Very eager to know how it performs on a desk.

Lucky bugger! for our better halves it's usually diamonds!
Oh she loves them too.
She'll take diamonds over speakers anyday.
but frankly she is much bigger music freak than me!
Infact she is the one who got me into this hobby. Her father was into all this big time.

congrats on the purchase, which amp did you pair it with? I am also planning to buy these speakers. Have you tried putting them on a desktop by chance? Very eager to know how it performs on a desk.
Dektop naa but if you care about nearfield listening then i would suggest toe them out coz that ring radiator tweeter can sound sharp head on.
I paired them with my Avr marantz sr6013.

Dektop naa but if you care about nearfield listening then i would suggest toe them out coz that ring radiator tweeter can sound sharp head on.
I paired them with my Avr marantz sr6013.
Initially I plan to use them on a desk(not for long), until I setup a dedicated listening room, from what I have read, most of them have stated the sound projection of tweeter is somehwat narrow, is this really the case? Do you need to sit in the sweet spot to enjoy the most?

I heard the R series briefly at ProFx Bangalore. Both the towers and stand mounts.
Pretty capable and enjoyable speaker range. Legend and Reserve series have similar sound signature.
Reserve did vocals/midrange better, in my opinion. And they may be easier to drive.
Congrats on the acquisition @Akshit2111

Cheers,
Raghu

I heard the R series briefly at ProFx Bangalore. Both the towers and stand mounts.
Pretty capable and enjoyable speaker range. Legend and Reserve series have similar sound signature.
Reserve did vocals/midrange better, in my opinion. And they may be easier to drive.

Cheers,
Raghu
Welcome your thoughts about R series

How do you compare it with KEF's ?

TIA

Initially I plan to use them on a desk(not for long), until I setup a dedicated listening room, from what I have read, most of them have stated the sound projection of tweeter is somehwat narrow, is this really the case? Do you need to sit in the sweet spot to enjoy the most?
Narrow can't say so. In my testing i din feel like that.

Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks bro😇

Welcome your thoughts about R series

How do you compare it with KEF's ?

TIA
Kefs had more of that sparkle. They were brilliant but i wanted a speaker which had a little less of that treble. I was concerned that they still might sound fatiguing if pushed hard. My rtis already exhibited a similar behavior so maybe thats why i chose polks over kef.
I wanted something which is more neutral. Coz some of the songs i listen to tend to sound bright with forward speakers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back