POLK AUDIO RESERVE R100 IMPRESSIONS!

Akshit2111

This speaker got my attention ever since I started seeing some good reviews on youtube.
I never saw Polk being given so much attention by YouTubers.
Coming from Polk Audio RTI A7 I was really curious how would they perform. From my Experience I consider my speakers to be "Ballers". Muscular low-End Bright Highs Nice Midrange but lacking Detail.
I was searching the forum for some early reviews but couldn't find much on them.
Finally heard them today and early impressions : Quite Impressive. They are quite the contrary as compared to my Polk Speakers. Had nice clean soothing Midrange and even though being pushed never sounded bright to my ears.
Although i wanted to hear the R200 but the dealer did not have them in Stock.
Polk is right up there with the More audiophile brands.
So for those considering a good music listening experience, they will serve you just fine!

Then came KEF Q350 and quite frankly found them a tad bit better than R100. Though the difference is only noticeable when hearing them side by side although both have the tendency to make you tap your feet.
KEF Q350 should be compared with R200. That'll be a more apples-to-apples comparison.
Lastly i heard Monitor Audio Bronze 100 which i found to be a little thin sounding but with good clarity.

So for Today's audition
1st Prize--KEF Q350
2nd "--- Polk R100
3rd "----MA Bronze100

Here are some Pictures :)

Attachments

• polk-audio-r100_2_.jpg
    polk-audio-r100_2_.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 82
  • polk-audio-r100.jpg
    polk-audio-r100.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 81
  • polk-audio-r100-_3_.jpg
    polk-audio-r100-_3_.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 80
  • polk-audio-r100-_4_.jpg
    polk-audio-r100-_4_.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 79
The Reserve series is a hidden gem. I was pretty impressed by them. You didn't miss much; R200 has a slightly better Bass than its sibling R100.

The Reserve series is a hidden gem. I was pretty impressed by them. You didn't miss much; R200 has a slightly better Bass than its sibling R100.
Oh great! I was looking for ppl who have heard them.
My ears might not be as trained as your might be. How would you compare them with kef q350 or others in the similar price range?

Polk released another lineup?
I have heard the L200 and was amazed at the bass response.
Vocals can be a tad better, but the L200, I found it to be a very capable speaker.

Cheers,
Raghu

ProFx lists them at (MRP):
R200 - 63K/pr
R100 - 55L/pr

Now I have to go do some time pass at ProFx showroom :D

Cheers,
Raghu
Ok thanks, even I am planning to listen to the 100. Will post my impressions here. Have always been a Polk fan. Looking forward to this audition.
Cheers,
Sid

Polk released another lineup?
I have heard the L200 and was amazed at the bass response.
Vocals can be a tad better, but the L200, I found it to be a very capable speaker.

Cheers,
Raghu
Yes, Raghu, it's a brand new lineup starting from Bookshelf to Floorstandings.

Just see the reviews on YouTube!
Will go soon and experience them first hand.

@mbhangui
I keep doing this "timepass" every once in a while.
Sometimes, when visiting the city center where many audio dealers have shop, I just stroll in for a listen.
Most of them are very nice and obliging. I qualify with the statement,
"I'm not here to buy anything, but what I hear and experience, will pass it on to others that I know in this hobby"
It almost always works :D

Cheers,
Raghu

My ears are always biased towards KEF. ;)
After having auditioned many much touted speakers around this price range (and having bought a few as well) upon which many a YouTube reviewer has heaped much praise as the next best thing, and while these much touted speakers all undoubtedly excel in one attribute or the other, the KEF Q350 always comes out on top to my ears despite being cheaper than most other speakers I've auditioned or owned around that price range.

And it's not that they are class leading when it comes to resolution or tone or timbre. While it has a good dose of all of the above, it's the amalgam thereof which makes the KEF Q350 a great listen with most genres and gets your foot tapping.

Many a listener, whether audiophile or not, always gravitate towards the KEF Q350 after having applauded every other speaker for their individual attributes. A close second in this regard is the Mission QX2.

Last edited:
@Akshit2111
On audition, if you like KEF house sound, do consider Q350 seriously.
Very few companies/models do co-concentric in this price range.
KEF is not greatest when it comes to tonality or gentle behavior.
But they will produce a dead center image and decent "spatiality" of sound/instruments.

Bias:
I own KEF R300 ;)

Cheers,
Raghu

@Akshit2111
On audition, if you like KEF house sound, do consider Q350 seriously.
Very few companies/models do co-concentric in this price range.
KEF is not greatest when it comes to tonality or gentle behavior.
But they will produce a dead center image and decent "spatiality" of sound/instruments.

Bias:
I own KEF R300 ;)

Cheers,
Raghu
Raghu,

Once you finish your time pass with Polk R200 at ProFX, ;) just give your thoughts, when compared to KEF Q300, since you own them

Back