Polk audio RTI A9 vs Wharfedale 11.4

kingdomraj

Hi,
I recently purchased a Marantz 8012 .
Looking forward to buy front towers.
I will be using it for casual tv /netflix/htpc and ps4 usage.
Movie/music ratio is 60 40
I already have a wharfedale 9.2 bookshelf
And polk audio centre csi a6
And polk audio surround fxi a4.
And a wharfedale 150 subwoofer.
Want to add a pair of towers and shift the bookshelf to the surround back .
I understand its a mixed bag of speakers and timber match and stuff aint possible but i am no audiophile and its a bedroom setup( size 30 feet by 20 feet )
Please suggest.
Price of RTI A9 is 93 k
Wharfedale 11.4 is 79200 ( from hifimart).

Regards
Amit

Within the budget of 100K , there are lots of options available in the market. Before buying anything in 100k, you need to explore all available options. Within 100k you may get Monitor Audio Bronze 6, Paradigm Monitor 9, KEF Q700/900, SVS Prime tower, Q Acoustics 3000 series, Tannoy DC series. I have audition MA Bronze 6, KEF900 with Marantz SR6011 AVR. Both sound stunning. Make maximum possible auditions with different speakers and decided. Within Polk and Wharfdale ( Have audition Polk RTiA5 and WD Diamond 230/240) to my listening Polk is a bit brighter and WD is a bit monotonous . But will go with Polk if choice is within two.

Hi rpmahale. Thanks for a wide array of options . The problem is that i stay in bihar and auditioning is not an option i can exercise. So i am kind of left at the mercy/ expertise of members who have either auditioned or have any of these speakers. . I go to delhi every month . But carrying the avr aint possible. So please help me on narrowing the options . And its not obligatory to stay with polk or wharf. Regards
Amit

Add few more and get tannoy xt6f, fantastic sound.. and if it's either of the 2 my vote goes to wharfedale....

Hi,
I recently purchased a Marantz 8012 .
Looking forward to buy front towers.
I understand its a mixed bag of speakers and timber match and stuff aint possible but i am no audiophile and its a bedroom setup( size 30 feet by 20 feet )
Please suggest.
Price of RTI A9 is 93 k
Wharfedale 11.4 is 79200 ( from hifimart).

Regards
Amit

With that kind of money being spent......you should explore other brands too........Celester340 has put his review on the X8T (or something) Tannoys he recently purchased.....read his post......

If no chance to audition....check the specs of the shortlisted brands......SPL should be high (sensitivity), maximum frequencies between 20hz and 20khz, impedance (8 ohms is better...6 ohms minimum), appearance and of course the cost. Speaker cone material also matters from a durability standpoint.

Also see some Youtube videos which are first hand reviews by actual users. (see videos which have a home capture and not a dealer video).

The monitor audio bronze 6 is available at 80k. If u r interested get in touch with me I’ll help u out. And yes they will be delivered to your doorstep. I was going to buy these speakers but then doubled my budget and got the tannoy.

The MA bronze 6 for this price is unbeatable.

You already have a good 5.1 speakers.. Try to build from what you have already, rather than changing speakers..

IMO, you should consider getting Rti A3 BS for your fronts (So it is timbre matched with your polk center speaker) & move the wharfedale 9.2 bookshelf as surround back..Add an other sub (wharfedale 150 subwoofer.), and ceiling speakers, complete 7.2.4 Atmos set-up rather than getting Polk Rti A9..

You can also consider BIC America Acoustech Platinum Plus PL-980LR Towers.

• Design:
    3-way, six driver tower speaker.
  • Frequency Response: 22Hz-23kHz
  • Sensitivity: 98dB
  • Drivers: Two high power 8" active woofers, two 8" passive woofers, one enclosed 5" midrange, and one 6 1/2" mid/high frequency aluminum dome horn with neodymium magnet.
  • Magnetic Shielding: YES
  • Gold-Plated Terminals:YES
  • Recommended Power: 10-300 watts per channel RMS, 750 watts peak power
  • Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms
  • Dimensions: 47"H x 12 1/2"W x 11 5/8"D, Carton Dimensions: 17W x 15D x 51H
  • Weight: 60 lbs (27kg.) each
  • Warranty: Extended 8 Year Limited - Parts (excludes sustained cosmetic damages)
Good Spec. Only Polk RTiA9 has a better frequency range. 18Hz-27kHz. But this at what price? Polk is around 90k.

You already have a good 5.1 speakers.. Try to build from what you have already, rather than changing speakers..

IMO, you should consider getting Rti A3 BS for your fronts (So it is timbre matched with your polk center speaker) & move the wharfedale 9.2 bookshelf as surround back..Add an other sub (wharfedale 150 subwoofer.), and ceiling speakers, complete 7.2.4 Atmos set-up rather than getting Polk Rti A9..

Yes, RTI a9 are demanding speakers from Power point , most folks on Polk Forums suggest that you drive them with dedicated power Amplifier for exploring its potential to the fullest. Buy RTI a3 or a5 (if the room is big , a5 is better for 2ch music) and use the remaining amount in upgrading your other components. I'd rather save the amount to upgrade the Subwoofer (Polks are generally perceived to lack in bass) to SVS pb 1000 and then adding OWM3 for Atmos type of setup (7.2.4).

In current Gen Indian movie /music scenarios, brighter speakers generally fair better in untreated rooms.

Thanks guys /friends. Thats like loads of knowledge for a day . Trying to read review of tannoy and ma bronze 6 . Lots of options have opened up . :)

MA Bronze 6 should be available at BassN Teble ,Ghitorni ,New Delhi as Danny said last week .Also interested in buying them so we can double up and negotiate best pricing

MA Bronze 6 should be available at BassN Teble ,Ghitorni ,New Delhi as Danny said last week .Also interested in buying them so we can double up and negotiate best pricing
Let me know the price of the MA bronze 6. In Mumbai it’s available for 80k and I don’t think anyone can match this price.

What should be the best price for MA Bronze 2 & Bronze 5 since I already have a subwoofer and could save some money on them. My room size is 13 X 18 and usage is Movies & TV/ Music of 70:30. Also thinking of Polk Signature/RTi Series or Zensor 's

Last edited:
BIC PL-980 LR has a heluva lot of Drivers and cheaper than Polk RTi-A9 and MA Bronze6. Any comments on particular model.

Ended buying MA Bronze 6 , Bronze Center and Bronze FX at total 136k in Delhi. Was thinking of Bronze 5 but ended buying Bronze 6 as the dealer had it in stock

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back