Polk + NAD !!

Bestunta

Hello!

I'm on the verge of buying some Polk RTiA7s (got a nice deal) but am afraid that they might be to hard to drive with my NAD C325Bee...

I've read that although the NAD manual says it outputs 50Wpc into 8ohms, it can actually go higher than that. At Polk Audio they say the recommended amp power is 20W-300W, but still I am a little worried...

What do you think?

Polk RTiA7
8ohms
89db Sensitivity

Please help! Thanks!

Last edited:
NAD's wattage specifications are honest. If they 50 watts, it really is 50 watts, and should be able to drive the Polk's with ease unless you are looking at ear splitting amplitude. NAD amplifier come with beefy transformers to handle tough loads.

Cheers

Believe me, the NAD wattage is quite underrated. Your NAD amp can produce enough juice to even drive floorstanders comfortably. I keep the bass control of my NAD amp at 0 levels and even then it drives my Wharfy quite well with all the natural sounds. They don't sound electronical. Enjoy your purchase.

choir.gif

Polk RTi A7 Floorstanding Loudspeakers Reviewed

check out the link. its a review where the writer says that the speaker needs a good powered amp to get optimal output. in saying that nad does give good power - though you may not get optimal output once you start cranking it up. but general daily listening will definitely be fine

Polk RTi A7 Floorstanding Loudspeakers Reviewed

check out the link. its a review where the writer says that the speaker needs a good powered amp to get optimal output. in saying that nad does give good power - though you may not get optimal output once you start cranking it up. but general daily listening will definitely be fine

I am an end user of Rti A7 and believe me they really sing with good power this is due to the fact that these speakers have twin subs in built which needs adequate power. If you are looking at NAD amps then try anything better than the 325. I would say minimum 355 and optimal 375.

Thanks so much for all the replies!

I needed the extra assurance to buy the A7s! Polk Audio is changing distributors in Hong Kong, and I got a clearance price on literally the last pair of A7s from the original distributor.

I'll use the 325BEE for now! Can't wait to see the little guy driving those Polkies!!

Anyway, if by any chance I feel he isn't cutting the mustard I'll think of getting another amp, in which case I'll see you guys again :licklips:

Thanks!

Believe me, the NAD wattage is quite underrated. Your NAD amp can produce enough juice to even drive floorstanders comfortably. I keep the bass control of my NAD amp at 0 levels and even then it drives my Wharfy quite well with all the natural sounds. They don't sound electronical. Enjoy your purchase.

choir.gif

Wow!! Er... Maybe your volume pot is broken?!! :D

Edit: oops you said bass control ... My bad...

Hi, I have auditioned Polk RTi A7 with Marantz PM6003. The performance wasnt that great, but the dealer told em it works wonder with Marantz PM8003. But no doubt these are great speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back