Polk PSW110 vs Taga Harmony TSW90 - Subwoofer

Congrats on the purchase Immu :clapping::clapping:
Do give us a short review. Many of us are new to Taga subs and finding difficult to get a audition. If you can give a review of what you feel that will be of great help for many of us.

Do give us a short review. Many of us are new to Taga subs and finding difficult to get a audition. If you can give a review of what you feel that will be of great help for many of us.

For movies it works like charm but for music not that great, it does not give a tight punch for music i felt when i was connected with my Edifier DA5000 pro sub it sounded better, may be i need to spend some more time with adjustments or i could not do proper positioning of the sub, i jut put the sub behind my left front tower between the wall and the TV Unit so that my 2yr old daughter does not claim on the sub:), tried playing 2012 movie Blu-ray DVD, the effects were awesome felt like the explosions and earthquake was happening around you, the sound was very smooth in fact no distortion at all, also tested Pacific-Rim, Transformers 4 & San Andreas DTS BRrip files sounded Great.

Hay guys finally i purchased Taga TSW-120, its good, looks very big/bulky in size when i put next to my Taga506 towers, connected to my av receiver, did an auto calibration sounds good, kept the volume to 60% so it could match the towers, sounds good could not spend much time since got recently, was expecting more thundering sound i thing since its new need some time to break through, or not sure if there is any other settings that i have to do... could not audition Polk Psw110 since got an better offer just ordered.
thanks for all your suggestions now i am happy with my complete 5.1 setup.

Congratulations for your purchase!

Have fun and do share the pics of your setup.

Cheers!

IMO if you have a slightest doubt about the performance of the Taga, then i would suggest just save bit more & close your eyes take a plunge pickup Velodyne Impact 10. You will not regret.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

IMO if you have a slightest doubt about the performance of the Taga, then i would suggest just save bit more & close your eyes take a plunge pickup Velodyne Impact 10. You will not regret.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

:) I've already purchased Taga..

Hi as you have mentioned, i could see/feel there is an good improvement on the sub now for music as well, i am happy with my purchase "TAGA Harmony" did not disappoint me.

That is good. Would you be using a dual Sub setup? Where are you located?

MaSh

Never heard of jamsticks, just saw their website. They priced the product at a very hefty side. Where PM5005 selling at between 20 - 25k they are selling at 36k :mad:

That's correct, ridiculously priced. Check with Mz audio / hifimart.

Cheers,
Binu

That's correct, ridiculously priced. Check with Mz audio / hifimart.

Cheers,
Binu
Dunno who buy online from them [emoji23] , you won't benefitted in online business with ignoring your competitors.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hi,
Congratulations and nice update.
I'm planning to buy Taga tsw-200.
Want to hear something on performance of Taga products.

Thanks

It's in Polish (Poland) hence these products are from Poland, these products are popular in denmark, Polanad, french and few other countries.

Finally I bought Taga Harmony TSW-200 for Jamstics.com (Bangalore) at 24K (approx) looks very big in my room (12 x 18). Excellent works with my front speakers A26 Boston Acoustics for movies and not that much gr8 for music with pioneer vsx-831. seems some settings issue, need to check. My current settings. Font L+R - Large and CF - 80 (automatically taken from MCACC).

Last edited:
It's in Polish (Poland) hence these products are from Poland, these products are popular in denmark, Polanad, french and few other countries.

Finally I bought Taga Harmony TSW-200 for Jamstics.com (Bangalore) at 24K (approx) looks very big in my room (12 x 18). Excellent works with my front speakers A26 Boston Acoustics for movies and not that much gr8 for music with pioneer vsx-831. seems some settings issue, need to check. My current settings. Font L+R - Large and CF - 80 (automatically taken from MCACC).

Congrats:thumbsup:
Even my Taga TSW-120 was sounding good for movies with my Pioneer vsx-531 not that great for music, but give it some time now its sounds good for music also, could not say exceptional but i am happy with the sound, make sure the placement of the sub is very important to get the best out it..

Thanks,

Now my SW works perfect, no regret for purchasing Taga TSW-200. I have made changes to the Crossover settings and now it's thumping :)

Hi Krishna3680

The Mission MS200 is a basic subwoofer which has a 10 inch driver....frequencies outputted is 35hz to 150hz which is good for music and some extent for movies...not really low and rumbling....

Active Subwoofer | MISSION | Part of the IAG Group Ltd.

If you want a sub that goes lower than 30hz and close to 20hz....look at the Taga SW 200 or the Taga SW 10 platinum sub...there are other brands also to consider....look for the lowest or closest frequency to 20hz of the sub and then take a decision to purchase...

Golden rule....audition where possible before purchase or see some YouTube videos to get some idea....

Hi Krishna3680

The Mission MS200 is a basic subwoofer which has a 10 inch driver....frequencies outputted is 35hz to 150hz which is good for music and some extent for movies...not really low and rumbling....

Active Subwoofer | MISSION | Part of the IAG Group Ltd.

If you want a sub that goes lower than 30hz and close to 20hz....look at the Taga SW 200 or the Taga SW 10 platinum sub...there are other brands also to consider....look for the lowest or closest frequency to 20hz of the sub and then take a decision to purchase...

Golden rule....audition where possible before purchase or see some YouTube videos to get some idea....
When compare sw200 or sw10 which is better for music in deep bass reproduction...?

Hi

The difference between both is 10 inch and 12 inch ....built quality also matters....a 12 inch speaker will go deeper than a 10 inch..but again cabinet design...ported / non ported design also matters a lot.....

If budget is available......BIC America H100ii (sold by Avenue Sound) or DSP Pro 550w (ProFx) are good subs which blend easily for music and movies.....

Sir for my 550 sq feet ht room i want to add second subwoofer i already have sw10 taga harmony will tsw200 a good choice also we should use y cable with left right input or should use only single subwoofer cable

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back