Polk PSW110 vs Taga Harmony TSW90 - Subwoofer

Immu

Hi Guys, I am planning for a sub with in 20k please suggest me which one is better, for now i am considering Polk PSW110 & Taga TSW90 not sure which one of these would sound better, if there is any other please suggest me.

Within budget of 20k, i think you should be looking at following options too Taga TSW-120 or Sonodyne Roarr. If you could extend your budget with another 5k then look no further than Taga SW-10.

Check below link if your fine with pre-owned.
http://www.hifivision.com/wanted/65530-subwoofer.html

Cheers,
Binu

Hi thanks for your suggestion, I am currently using Taga 506 v.2 speakers, not sure which sub will go well with these speakers max budget would be 20k, i don't see TSW-120 is available in any websites to buy.

Hi

A Taga sub will match more better with Taga speakers...based on the front speakers you already have, check whats the lowest frequency they output and then get a sub which emits lower frequencies....no point getting a sub which will output almost the same frequency like the fronts....

Audition and decide....refer to online webstores like Hifimart, HTstore, Techguru etc.

Hi

A Taga sub will match more better with Taga speakers...based on the front speakers you already have, check whats the lowest frequency they output and then get a sub which emits lower frequencies....no point getting a sub which will output almost the same frequency like the fronts....

Audition and decide....refer to online webstores like Hifimart, HTstore, Techguru etc.

I think the lowest frequency my tower speakers can produce is 42Hz, any sub will certainly go below 42Hz but it is also recommended as per some reviews sub's frequency has to be adjusted 10Hz more than the front speakers lowest frequency, not sure which sub will sound better, currently i've an Edifier DA5000 Pro's 60w sub is connected, sub produces loud boom boom sound but not syncing well as it use to sync with its own satellite speakers.:sad:

I am not sure if there is anything like sub matching with speakers.
There are specific brands which just make sub and I have not experienced or heard ever anyone talking about any problem in using speakers and sub from different brands, need not to say that this is just my experience.

As far as combination goes, you need to match the crossover on sub and AVR to ensure that speakers and sub don't mess up with similar freq.
For example, if you set crossover at 100 Hz on sub then you should set the same in AVR.

I am using Polk PSW 110 and it seems decent to me for the price I paid. I get enough low end juice in movies to enjoy. It is hard to beat at its price.

HiFiMart is one of the trusted online stores, go for it. About the ETA, I think you can call them up and they should provide approx timeline.

Hi Guys, I am planning for a sub with in 20k please suggest me which one is better, for now i am considering Polk PSW110 & Taga TSW90 not sure which one of these would sound better, if there is any other please suggest me.

I would suggest Polk PSW 110 for two reasons. One, its got good reviews and second Pro FX are the authorised service guys who provide good service. I see this sub listed at 18.5k on their website. I am sure, you can rope in another 10% discount atleast. Polk PSW 110

MaSh

I would suggest Polk PSW 110 for two reasons. One, its got good reviews and second Pro FX are the authorised service guys who provide good service. I see this sub listed at 18.5k on their website. I am sure, you can rope in another 10% discount atleast. Polk PSW 110

MaSh

Well sounds interesting, will it give me enough of punch for movies & music!

Hi i've seen most of the reviews about Polk Psw110 says it is suitable only for small or medium size room, my room size is 18x12 not sure if its is medium or large, Taga TSW120 looks like little powerful than Psw110 but not sure where to audition, any suggestions please..

Hi any one of the FM's currently using Taga TSW-120 Please give me your inputs on the sub-woofer!! or May be TSW-90 at least based on TSW-90's review i can give it a try for TSW-120.

Hay guys any one heard or have Mission Sub-woofer? i was approaching a dealer in B'lore he was suggesting for Mission MS-200 Sub-woofer, please let me know your suggestions so i can give it a try, he does not have a demo he only has an box piece.

Hay guys finally i purchased Taga TSW-120, its good, looks very big/bulky in size when i put next to my Taga506 towers, connected to my av receiver, did an auto calibration sounds good, kept the volume to 60% so it could match the towers, sounds good could not spend much time since got recently, was expecting more thundering sound i thing since its new need some time to break through, or not sure if there is any other settings that i have to do... could not audition Polk Psw110 since got an better offer just ordered.
thanks for all your suggestions now i am happy with my complete 5.1 setup.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back