Poor black levels on Fire TV

haisaikat

My Fire Stick is connected via AVR to my Panasonic Plasma. I am recently observing that videos played using fire TV have poor blacks which is evident from the black bars at top and bottom of video appearing greyish but same video clip played using the file on my NAS via my HTPC connected via the same AVR is showing good blacks. If there was a problem with Fire TV's content would the top / bottom bars be impacted?

Any suggestions?

My Fire Stick is connected via AVR to my Panasonic Plasma. I am recently observing that videos played using fire TV have poor blacks which is evident from the black bars at top and bottom of video appearing greyish but same video clip played using the file on my NAS via my HTPC connected via the same AVR is showing good blacks. If there was a problem with Fire TV's content would the top / bottom bars be impacted?

Any suggestions?
Is there a Setting on your tv for hdmi black level? Samsung has such an option. Changes the black level. Also check if there is an option to set the color profile of your fire tv. I used to have a similar problem on my pc with a well monitor that blacks were too much greyish. Then I saw some option for changing color profile and it worked.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back