Poor Sound Quality from Realtek Sound Card

srkmish

Hi Guys,

So my Realtek sound card produces really low quality sound. I have tested with various headphones and various sound settings but it is nowhere close to the sound obtained from my rockboxed sansa clip plus. I have come to the conclusion that the soundcard is mediocre at best.

My budget for a new Sound Card + Speaker combo is 15k. What would you recommend. I value crispness and clarity of sound more than bass. I like listening to piano instrumentals, pop songs, old hindi songs.

Thanks,
Srikant

im totally a noob in these matters. hence my total budget for card + speakers is 15k. also wud u guys recommend external usb sound card like creative xfi or asus sonar u7.

Hi,

I have been using my Altec Lansing 5.1 and creative SoundBlaster SE for my PC for more than 10 years with pretty good sound for video games. I don't think Realtek soundcard is that bad. Are you comparing speakers sound and headphones?

There is an Asus D2X sound card on sale in our forum.
Why not grab it if it suits your requirement.

Realtek sound isn't that bad. I'm quite happy with the sound my mobo gives though it could be bettered by using a sound card or dac.

Edifier C3 and Asus Xonar U7

While Realtek may not be the best, it certainly needs an headphone amp if you want to drive headphones.

What motherboard do you have ?

With 15k budget, you can go for ASUS Xonar DX Sound card, price around Rs 5k, it's good for stereo, 5.1, 7.1 or for game set-up. Don't go for creative, as it has some 'latency' issue. For speakers, go for Logitech Z506, you may go for F&D F6000U, but F&D has some quality-control issue; you may be 'lucky' or 'not so lucky'; kind of 'hit' or 'miss' :licklips::licklips::licklips:

Hi Guys,

So my Realtek sound card produces really low quality sound. I have tested with various headphones and various sound settings but it is nowhere close to the sound obtained from my rockboxed sansa clip plus. I have come to the conclusion that the soundcard is mediocre at best.

My budget for a new Sound Card + Speaker combo is 15k. What would you recommend. I value crispness and clarity of sound more than bass. I like listening to piano instrumentals, pop songs, old hindi songs.

Thanks,
Srikant

i use Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB Sound Card (THX certified).

Very good external card with great sound clarity. look for only thx certified one with logo on it.

there are duplicate one's around.

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Srikant

My suggestion for Sound Card is "Asus Xonar D2X" (Rs. 8,000/- plus) and speaker is "Edifier DA5000Pro" ( Rs. 8,500/- plus). This is the right combo for your test. I am personally use this combo and fully satisfied with it.

Hi

You may consider updating the device drivers from realtek's web site.

I believe in exhausting all options before making a purchase decision.

my 50 paisa worth

You can go for a Topping amp with a Jbl Control one. Better than any pc solution. Can connect it to the PC and add a cheap DAC later

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back