Popcorn Hour Owners Thread

@Pramod, I don't own a PCH A410 so cannot give you first hand information.

However that said , the PCH A410 is supposed to have a 24bit Audiophile quality DAC.
So for Stereo music the analogue out should give you high quality music if you run it though a good Amp.

For Visual Media you can use the regular HDMI out.

I'm having pch 410 ince last year. Since i had hooked it to my 2 chanel setup, i got amaizing results of its analogue connectors. The said audiophile grade ess sabre DAC chip gives you stunning results provided you hook it up in good amp. In my case I've hooked it to a dnm pre and Marantz poweramp. The sound signature is noticeably better than other media players. (I had tried many ...like ASUS o play, wdtv live hub etc. ) i was going to buy new speakers to upgrade for betterment, but after pch 410 I've got much better results and happy with my Jamo studio series floor stands s606 which gives me good and satisfying results in my av setup. I never thought they will ever perform in 2Chanel stereo setup. This all due to PCH 410 and its built in audiophile grade ess sabre dac chip.
Here I want to ask the forum experts that anyone who is using pch410, pls let know whether a separate (Dedicated) DAC in the setup would add to the sound signatue? Perticularly in 2 chanel setup for digital audio files like FLAC, wav etc.
Experts comments and tips would help and guide us.....
Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm having pch 410 ince last year. Since i had hooked it to my 2 chanel setup, i got amaizing results of its analogue connectors. The said audiophile grade ess sabre DAC chip gives you stunning results provided you hook it up in good amp. In my case I've hooked it to a dnm pre and Marantz poweramp. The sound signature is noticeably better than other media players. (I had tried many ...like ASUS o play, wdtv live hub etc. ) i was going to buy new speakers to upgrade for betterment, but after pch 410 I've got much better results and happy with my Jamo studio series floor stands s606 which gives me good and satisfying results in my av setup. I never thought they will ever perform in 2Chanel stereo setup. This all due to PCH 410 and its built in audiophile grade ess sabre dac chip.
Here I want to ask the forum experts that anyone who is using pch410, pls let know whether a separate (Dedicated) DAC in the setup would add to the sound signatue? Perticularly in 2 chanel setup for digital audio files like FLAC, wav etc.
Thanks.

My 2cents....

Well if you hook in a hi end superior DAC you will definitely get better sound quality. However you will have to take the PCH A410's DAC out of the equation. Because when you route it via the PCH , the output is already Analogue, and traditionally a DAC needs a digital input.

Not sure if the PCH 410 can be configured to give a digital output via USB, in which case you can still use it as the source for the music , but let the external DAC do the decoding. In which case it wont be making use of the PCH ess sabre chip. :thumbsup:

Thanks.
Thanks nmursekar for the info. I know that the DAC of PCH A-410 is very good. As i hook it to my avr with Analog Audio Out for stereo, I dnt get any difference from the DAC of AVR. I know the reason may be becsuse of AVR. It is spoiling the final output

@forever.pramod,
Well, you can notice the difference when you connect the analog out of PCH a410 to an integrated amp or a pre+power setup of amps.
Even a good AVR will sound good in stereo mode, it needs to be set for the down mixing parameters for both your PCH and AVR and a proper caliberation would give you better results. Also cable plays imp. role in the links.
Btw which AVR are you using and what cables are connected for the same? Have you tried experimenting all above trial and errors?

Net radio on PCH - Guys , I've have a querry regarding Rdio service . How to avail this in PCH 410? I looked for Rdio in the app market on PCH 410 but it wasn't on their list. I want to use Rdio on pch.
Can anybody help me on this?

My 2cents....

Well if you hook in a hi end superior DAC you will definitely get better sound quality. However you will have to take the PCH A410's DAC out of the equation. Because when you route it via the PCH , the output is already Analogue, and traditionally a DAC needs a digital input.

Not sure if the PCH 410 can be configured to give a digital output via USB, in which case you can still use it as the source for the music , but let the external DAC do the decoding. In which case it wont be making use of the PCH ess sabre chip. :thumbsup:

PCH has coaxial and optical out, which can help, I guess

Has anyone tried to explore whether Rdio net radio service to be incorporated in apps on pch 410?

I am going to visit US in May 2019 with a tour and would like to get PCH. Where can I buy it?
I may not get time to go separately to visit any shop as it is a conducted tour. But in San-Fransisco we will be visiting Walmart for purchases. Can anyone guide if I can get there?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back