Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

The concept for the money I paid was the best hifi bargain ever. Sounds absolutely fantastic for so little money.

Now that the prices have almost doubled, it no longer is such an amazing bargain.

True, all of the 1.5L-2L priced turntables were sub 1L just 3-4 years back. Cashing in on the Vinyl boom I guess.

Oh great, I wanted to make one where the 3rd wire is of a much longer length. Do let me know how you find these cables once you use them for sometime :)
@fLUX i just told him I needed a 4pole neutrik connector with 4 cables in a sheath unterminated at the other end and the length. And that it was for a REL sub line level connection. He chose all the components and sent it in a short while. I have in the past sent him cable components to assemble which he did with excellent quality of workmanship too. He stocks a few brands or can source them on request.
I will let you know how this set up sounds with this cable. Do keep in mind I have nothing to compare it with though.

Yesterday I received the 2J27L tubes I ordered from this Russian website tubes-store.com. I had ordered them to replace the microphonic Chinese tubes that came along with the Nobsound E6 preamp. Was pleasantly surprised to receive the ordered tubes from Russia, through ordinary post, on the 15th day after placing the order. I did not expect to receive it before mid-March.

Hope to cut & remove the aluminium casings of the tubes and test them out soon.

Yesterday I received the 2J27L tubes I ordered from this Russian website tubes-store.com. I had ordered them to replace the microphonic Chinese tubes that came along with the Nobsound E6 preamp. Was pleasantly surprised to receive the ordered tubes from Russia, through ordinary post, on the 15th day after placing the order. I did not expect to receive it before mid-March.

Hope to cut & remove the aluminium casings of the tubes and test them out soon.
Attaching a photograph of the tubes and data sheet

Attachments

• PXL_20240301_030318202.jpg
    PXL_20240301_030318202.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 70
Attaching a photograph of the tubes and data sheet
I sawed open a couple of the casings and tested out the tubes. One of them is still slightly microphonic - just for a few seconds after you turn the preamp on. I am assuming just one, since the hum is coming from only one speaker. No issues while continuously playing music. The Chinese tubes that came with the E6 were unlistenable.

Maybe I will saw open the rest of them, in hope of finding two non-microphonic tubes :)

Attachments

• PXL_20240301_084744436.jpg
    PXL_20240301_084744436.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 65
I sawed open a couple of the casings and tested out the tubes. One of them is still slightly microphonic - just for a few seconds after you turn the preamp on. I am assuming just one, since the hum is coming from only one speaker. No issues while continuously playing music. The Chinese tubes that came with the E6 were unlistenable.

Maybe I will saw open the rest of them, in hope of finding two non-microphonic tubes :)
I realised one of the many benefits of growing older is I don’t hear microphonic sounds from tubes 😊

Voila! the Eversolo DMP-A8 : one the very few streamers to support Apple Music natively - the only locally available music app to offer lossless/hi-res (though their lossless isn't perfect)

I must also commend Eversolo on the usability - there simply wasn't any learning curve due to the intuitive UI.

Another feature that I applaud the eversolo on is the redundancy built into the device - you can either use the App or mirror the screen if you prefer to use the on- device layout instead.

At first blush, it might seem a bit excessive till you discover the use case scenarios - Apple Music in my case. Unlike Spotify connect, there's no way of controlling the Apple Music App remotely. Mirroring allows the user to control it from the convenience of their phone instead of having to get up and physically access the touchscreen on the Eversolo. Mirroring is smooth too. Very thoughtful indeed!

Attachments

• 20240227_003629.jpg
    20240227_003629.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 40
Voila! the Eversolo DMP-A8 : one the very few streamers to support Apple Music natively - the only locally available music app to offer lossless/hi-res (though their lossless isn't perfect)

I must also commend Eversolo on the usability - there simply wasn't any learning curve due to the intuitive UI.

Another feature that I applaud the eversolo on is the redundancy built into the device - you can either use the App or mirror the screen if you prefer to use the on- device layout instead.

At first blush, it might seem a bit excessive till you discover the use case scenarios - Apple Music in my case. Unlike Spotify connect, there's no way of controlling the Apple Music App remotely. Mirroring allows the user to control it from the convenience of their phone instead of having to get up and physically access the touchscreen on the Eversolo. Mirroring is smooth too. Very thoughtful indeed!

Congratulations. It looks so good too however comes with a high price tag. I'm assuming you are bypassing the in-built DAC and using RMI. Did you test in-built DAC?

Hopefully there's

Hopefully there's few letters left in the HFV Signature box limit...
Congratulations Seems Like the Best of the Lot from Eversolo, they've Roped a better DAC chip and LPSU as well...

Congratulations. It looks so good too however comes with a high price tag. I'm assuming you are bypassing the in-built DAC and using RMI. Did you test in-built DAC?
Thanks Souravin. I'm glad you asked and its been the other way around - I've played the Eversolo A8 through its inbuilt DAC only.

Compared to the RME, the A8 offers a touch more resolution and depth to each note with slightly better refinement. The overall presentation of the A8 is softer and laidback in comparison to the RME which provides a more vivid presentation with greater dynamic snap and more nuanced bass.

I wager the A8 to be a better bet in an untreated room where the softer characteristic would help avoid a bright sound. The touch more refinement also helps in palating older songs and cruder recordings. To my ears, the A8 is slightly better for tracks where bass does not take center stage whereas RME is better for EDM and the like.

Thanks Souravin. I'm glad you asked and its been the other way around - I've played the Eversolo A8 through its inbuilt DAC only.

Compared to the RME, the A8 offers a touch more resolution and depth to each note with slightly better refinement. The overall presentation of the A8 is softer and laidback in comparison to the RME which provides a more vivid presentation with greater dynamic snap and more nuanced bass.

I wager the A8 to be a better bet in an untreated room where the softer characteristic would help avoid a bright sound. The touch more refinement also helps in palating older songs and cruder recordings. To my ears, the A8 is slightly better for tracks where bass does not take center stage whereas RME is better for EDM and the like.

Thank you DB1989. Your description is so simple and understandable, I can visualize and my liking would be more towards RME- being a bass lover. However Eversolo has got a killer looks and functionality. Also older bollywood music with typical harshness should sound softer.

I have a fetish for network player with album art display. All bollywood music ripped by me from vinyl or original CDs - I add album art which is scanned vinyl cover photo or CD cover and Foobar on laptop with big display is on for me. Only roadblock is the price.. may be someday. Also SMSL SD9 with much lower price tag is in my mind.

Thanks again

Thank you DB1989. Your description is so simple and understandable, I can visualize and my liking would be more towards RME- being a bass lover. However Eversolo has got a killer looks and functionality. Also older bollywood music with typical harshness should sound softer.

I have a fetish for network player with album art display. All bollywood music ripped by me from vinyl or original CDs - I add album art which is scanned vinyl cover photo or CD cover and Foobar on laptop with big display is on for me. Only roadblock is the price.. may be someday. Also SMSL SD9 with much lower price tag is in my mind.

Thanks again
The Eversolo A6 Master Edition could be the one for you if you don't need the added frills of the A8. The A6 maintains the same screen size while straddling the price point between the A8 and the SD9 - the screen on the latter may be a concern if you're sat at a distance as i do use an SMSL DA-9 which uses a similar size, albeit lower res screen. If you don't need the better DAC and intend to use it as a streamer simpliciter, the regular A6 also offers outstanding value considering the usability.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back