power cable or psu upgrade for bluesound node 2i

metalmickey

hi thinking of modding the bluesound node 2i. found couple of options online for changing the power source. should i go for that or just upgrade the power cable (bs power cable is the cheapest looking I've ever seen on a product of this price). please help me with suggestions....

I have the Polish one. Power it off an Allo Shanti. Before that I tried an aftermarket cable. The upgrade with the linear power supply is a significant one and the Node 2i is an excellent transport with that. No idea if it helps with the analog output

I have the Polish one. Power it off an Allo Shanti. Before that I tried an aftermarket cable. The upgrade with the linear power supply is a significant one and the Node 2i is an excellent transport with that. No idea if it helps with the analog output
+1 to this suggestion. A good Linear psu will probably make a much more significant impact than cable swap

hi thinking of modding the bluesound node 2i. found couple of options online for changing the power source. should i go for that or just upgrade the power cable (bs power cable is the cheapest looking I've ever seen on a product of this price). please help me with suggestions....

So did you upgrade the power cable or PSU?

I have just done the PD Creative power supply upgrade on Node 2i...unfortunately have not had time to really hear and test since but does seem like a general improvement...
so you still using the stock power cable?

The power cable will do almost nothing, atleast in comparison to what it costs. Better invest in powering up the bluesound with a LPSU. I've read multiple first hand reports of stellar audible improvements with a LPSU.

The power cable will do almost nothing, atleast in comparison to what it costs. Better invest in powering up the bluesound with a LPSU. I've read multiple first hand reports of stellar audible improvements with a LPSU.
seconsee.Something like the Allo Nirvana LPSU does improve DAC or phono performance, provided overall setup is decent.

I feel PSU mod is better than just changing cable

SDEPL Generic IEC 320 C14 Male to C7 Female Power Converter Adapter Plug https://amzn.eu/d/j2TQhyi

BLUESOUND NODE 2i comes with C7 power input. You will need a
"IEC 320 C14 Male to C7 Female Power Converter Adapter" or a specific C7 cable from Pangea for power cable upgrade.
I have been using such an adapter and a Regular high end power cable with my Apple TV 4k and there's no going back (YMMV) . If you already have highend power cable ; just get an adapter like this and try, this will be cheapest of your planned upgrades.
If this doesn't work, you could consider the PSU upgrade if the warranty concerns are not there.

download (1).jpeg

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back