Power cables

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

I’m looking at getting about 3 or 4 power cables from the US. A friend will bring them along.

Use will be in ht and stereo setup.

I’m looking at a price range of about 50 to 70 USD per cable. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks mahesh, the ice age is a lil beyond budget.
@rikhav ill look at those two u mentioned. Thanks buddy

@celester340
You are also considering power conditioner/stabilizer between mains and electronics.
In such a situation, would a change of stock power cables make an additional difference?
Cheers,
Raghu

I’ve already purchased the Rontek for my ht system and the barracuda for my stereo setup.

I don’t know how much a change it will make, but an amp that costs 1.5 lacs just deserves an aftermarket power cable. I’ll sleep better then :D it may not even make a difference and my ears probably won’t even know. But I still want to because I believe it might.

I’ve already purchased the Rontek for my ht system and the barracuda for my stereo setup.

I don’t know how much a change it will make, but an amp that costs 1.5 lacs just deserves an aftermarket power cable. I’ll sleep better then :D it may not even make a difference and my ears probably won’t even know. But I still want to because I believe it might.
The first highlight in bold is everyone's wish
The second one is very true in my case (my hearing is not what it used to be) :(
Please post your impressions/review on Rontek and Barracuda (here or in a separate thread)
Cheers,
Raghu

I had the the rontek (one with no voltage stabilization) for demo few months ago
And when I changed the stock cable which powers the unit from the wall plug to an after market cable (acrolink) there was a change in sound for the better

Of course, it's difficult to quantify the change but it was a big enough change to my ears and that too for the better

Ok thanks bhai at least that's good to know. You guys are more technically apt to make reviews and comments. I've also got the one without the voltage stabilization. Delivery in a few days.

I recently bought wireworld stratus 7, it's very heavy flat cable. I think it price around 120usd.

That's little out of budget. I can and want to speand about 70-80 USD max. Need 3 or 4 cables, hence. Thank you for the suggestion.

I have a very Good experience with this replica from AE. It costed 5k after customs because the Cable weighs Nearley 1kg !
It softened the Treble with Darker backgrounds , more warmer signature. The original one costs about 50k and only NOS available as far as I know.

Accuphase 40th Anniversary Cable AE

Pangea 14se is a good (not as good as Accuphase in My setup) cable and so is Pangea 9, they'll work out cheaper if you can source them from USA. the other cables are pretty costlier, I wasn't impressed much with Murthy Power Cables, whereas I bought four pair of Murthys interconnects.

I’m looking at getting about 3 or 4 power cables from the US. A friend will bring them along.

Use will be in ht and stereo setup.

I’m looking at a price range of about 50 to 70 USD per cable. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Get power outlets from Maestro. It will be the first place to start for getting better quality power.

Thanks josh

@drkrack thanks for that. I'll have a look and also at the pangea. I have someone coming from the US so it's going to be from there.

My all time favourite- audioart power1 cable. Awsome-cost-18,000 for 2metres. It improves sound stage and I can clearly make out each sound and more crisp and had improved bass. 5 stars to audioart. After imax update my Marantz SR6013 sound signature has improved a lot and I love my Marantz the best receiver for music and movies

hifimart has a number of power cables. I have personally used the Lappkabel 2.5 sqmm.

I am planning to DIY, few power cables... but confused as what male IEC to use.
Can you pl suggest the right one.
Thanks

US

Euro

Attachments

• 1550231449048.png
    1550231449048.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back