Powerline Adapters - Do they work in India?

Oh great, would you recommend those to extend the network or just get another router to extend the wifi capabilities?

What router do you use? If the router supports ddwrt or tomato, its worth flashing and trying to increase transmit power.

I have the ASUS RT-N56U, am planning to add another router to the mix so that all rooms have good signal strength when needed.

manniraj uses a pair and I believe he is quite satisfied. I have read somewhere that it is advantageous to have a wireless router at a height rather than keep it on a table

manniraj uses a pair and I believe he is quite satisfied. I have read somewhere that it is advantageous to have a wireless router at a height rather than keep it on a table

Thanks Rajiv, I am using the TP-Link 500 power line adapters. Initially the connection used to be around 20% sensitivity but I realized that the existing power line cables installed were of not so great quality, hence got the Finolex cables installed direct between the 2 switch boards passing thru the MCB without any cutting in between. So I am using these switch/plugs for the powerline adapters and now I get a decent 80 to 90% sensitive and I can even play a 40gb movie over them without any stuttering on my Pi thru the Synology NAS. I think the power line adapters speed is dependent totally on the internal electrical wiring that has been done and if there is a way to replace them with straight wiring without any cuts in between, then its a great alternative to the wifi adapters especially if you are trying to play high bitrate movies over the network.

I use the tplink AV2000 powerline adapter. Works brilliantly. My main router is very far from my tv and streamer. By using the powerline adapter I get blazing fast speeds. In that place I never got wifi. If at all, it used to be slow and laggy. With the powerline, it’s super fast speeds.
Edit : And then I saw it’s a 2014 post, sorry.

Though it is old post, just for the record: I have TP-LINK TL-PA6010KIT AV600. Using it for last two years in three houses I rented. Those houses are all of 22 years old to brand new (it means all kind of wiring). Still it works fine to connect my PC with router in Living room. I haven't really measured performance since I haven't faced any bottleneck. US plug doesn't matter since it supports 230v. It is just a matter of an adaptor.

The only problem in India is that many houses have 3 phase connection. So, the wiring for the house is split between 3 phases as 3 circuits. So, data cannot move from one circuit to other...

I do use this but a 200mbps connection drops to 5 mbps :)
After all that search on powerline adaptors, wi-fi extenders, second router to extend the signal settled on Google wifi mesh. 3 pucks distributed over the house and all rooms 250Mbps that is the rated speed of my connection. Had a boost to 500 Mbps for some time under an offer from the ISP and got that too in all rooms. Happy since 2019.

After all that search on powerline adaptors, wi-fi extenders, second router to extend the signal settled on Google wifi mesh. 3 pucks distributed over the house and all rooms 250Mbps that is the rated speed of my connection. Had a boost to 500 Mbps for some time under an offer from the ISP and got that too in all rooms. Happy since 2019.
Yeah I also moved to a tp link deco mesh. I went for thr wifi 6+ version which internally communicated at 6 mhz and internet zips ! Also have a asus TUF for work and between them it's great. Have one dead spot where I have the powerline with above issue !

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back