Powerline AV Network Kit

manny9

Hi, Not sure if this is right place to post this...Anyone ever used or using Powerline AV Network Kit? Since my Router and all other devices are in opposite side of the room I was thinking of buying this. Wireless is very slow and I dont want to run CAT5 cables....As you might know these kits establish network connecting using the existing electrical cable. If you have are using such devices please let me know your feedback. WD has one and got some good reviews in amazon....attaching the link.....ebay has this for 6,627....

Amazon.com: Western Digital WD Livewire Powerline AV Network Kit: Electronics

Hi Manny9,

Last month I bought this kit from Europe and tested in my current home. It is rocking and setup is very easy. No installation is required.

In my new flat I missed to lay Cat5 cables, so bought this. Plan to setup in my new flat sometime in August this year. Since I bought this from Europe (Netherlands) no converter is required. Just plug it the wall socket. Thats it.

That's great, did you get a chance to test the speed? Are you getting speed close to CAT5...i did some research and every where they said the speed is no better than Wifi so dropped it...if the speed is good, i would definitely go for this...please let me know...thanks for the update...

Actually I just connected and see whether it is working or not. Not tested the speed. But noticed the browsing speed is lot better than Wi-Fi.

If possible, this weekend I will test it and post the result for you. Again the speed is depends on the noise in your electrical circuit.

please try some video streaming if you can. audio works good on wifi, video sucks especially if you play mkv's.

I think what you need to check is the speed with which you can access the data on the network drive using the powerline if you intend to use this for accessing NAS devices.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back