Price list for new 2010 samsung LCD TVs.

And how much is C550 for?
Any more advantages except for full HD

ALso will C550 be better or Panasonic S10?

C550 is officially for Rs. 85,000. Being Full HD itself is it's biggest plus point, you don't need to look at any other added features. There's a huge difference between Full HD and HD ready. Any one with some experience will tell you to rather shed a few cuks more and opt for Full HD.

Never go for Panasonic Plasma series. Initially in 2009 they received outstanding reviews. Their black levels were mesmerizing. The problems start after about a couple of hundred hours of usage. There has been tons of consumer complaints in 2010 about how the black levels have significantly deteriorated from what it used to be. Finally CNET too officially confirmed it that after about 200 hours of usage, they noticed that the black levels were significantly brighter than what it used to be. Even Panasonic finally admitted it officially, and made a statement that nothing can be done about those series of Plasma released by them. They however said that the 2010 models they'll release will be better in the sense that their black levels won't deteriorate so fast (but it will eventually).

Basically you will get an outstanding Plasma set for about a year or two and then after that even an entry level LCD will be able to outperform it's black levels (which ironically was the reason it was rated so high initially).

Last edited:
Reliance digital Jayanagar Bangalore quoted the following

C7000 40" - 115000 Rs.
C7000 46" - 156000 Rs
C7000 55" - 213000 Rs

Waiting on how LG will price LX9500 and LE8500 TVs in india. Hope they launch 55 inches TVs as well. LE8500 seems to be a good tv to buy from the reviews apart from the highly reflective screen.

Man, I saw a 42" Full HD LCD of LG today at a showroom, and it's humongous. I wonder how huge a 50" screen would look. I think anything more than 50" in a bedroom is a sheer waste of money, since it would be ridiculously huge. Having saying that I fear even a 50" screen in a bedroom would be ridiculous. I mean they will be fine as long as you play HD content. The moment you try any SD content (DVD), it would lose their appeal.

Is the 46B6000BR @ 80k a good deal?

The Sammy site shows a few new plasmas. There is no series 5 though. A PS50C6500 is listed.

Last edited:
Is the 46B6000BR @ 80k a good deal?

The Sammy site shows a few new plasmas. There is no series 5 though. A PS50C6500 is listed.

The B series in all probability will be discontinued. Instead it will be replaced by a new C series. I'd say, you should opt for 46C550. Cnet Asia gave that TV (B550 series) 8.9/10 points, saying it's mesmerizing. No point in wasting money on higher series when C550 series itself is wonderful.

P.S. BTW, this year there'll be this C550 series for both Samsung LCD's and Plasmas.

The B series in all probability will be discontinued. Instead it will be replaced by a new C series. I'd say, you should opt for 46C550. Cnet Asia gave that TV (B550 series) 8.9/10 points, saying it's mesmerizing. No point in wasting money on higher series when C550 series itself is wonderful.

P.S. BTW, this year there'll be this C550 series for both Samsung LCD's and Plasmas.

So Bublu dada, what TV have you finally settled on for your room?:)

So Bublu dada, what TV have you finally settled on for your room?:)

I'm about to get a 29 inch CRT Slim from LG next month (replacing my current 14 inch which I brought way back in 2003 while I was in Class X). I'd prefer watching regular SD content on that CRT TV, I'm happy with watching regular TV in SD. However, I'm planning to get the 50C550 Plasma from Samsung some months later. It will be exclusively for HD content (PS3 games, Blu Ray movies, and some DVD movies).

That's my plan for my bedroom. I don't think my folks are in anyway interested in LCD's, they are happy with the Samsung 29 inch CRT they brought in 2007.

okay so i have been wanting to buy a plasma for so long and it looks like eventually i am going to get my hands on one of them, i first zeroed in on the b550 model but that was not available where i looked, then i gave a thought to the 42g10, but then the panasonic blunder came along and now with the world cup nearing in i have to get one fast, which one should i go for ? i am thinking about the c550, any suggestions

Only looking for plasmas, viewing distance is 12 feet and mostly i would be playing my ps3 and a few movies on it, and sports

Also the samsung site still hasn't been updated are these sets available as of now ?

okay so i have been wanting to buy a plasma for so long and it looks like eventually i am going to get my hands on one of them, i first zeroed in on the b550 model but that was not available where i looked, then i gave a thought to the 42g10, but then the panasonic blunder came along and now with the world cup nearing in i have to get one fast, which one should i go for ? i am thinking about the c550, any suggestions

Only looking for plasmas, viewing distance is 12 feet and mostly i would be playing my ps3 and a few movies on it, and sports

Also the samsung site still hasn't been updated are these sets available as of now ?

You got that right. Top choice. The next model in the line up is the C6500, and the only difference in it from the one you mentioned is it's ability to play internet TV, which is bunch of bull. 50C550 is the way to go.

okay i looked it up first thing in the morning, and it will be available by 20th may, so that's a good piece of news, they quoted me a price of 75 K with no free goodies, maybe i will be able to squeeze something more, what would be a good price for this set (Samsung 50C550), Also i was reading about some thing about a buzzing sound in plasmas, is that a reality, also some stuff about the black level

"The c550 does pretty well, but not perfect with the color gamut. Its comparable to standard mode in the G. Its definitely watchable in movie mode. The black levels actually improve when you go from dynamic to movie mode. I would have no problem getting the c550, especially if you never watched it in THX mode."

Buzzing issue
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18309596
SHould I be worried ???

Last edited:
okay i looked it up first thing in the morning, and it will be available by 20th may, so that's a good piece of news, they quoted me a price of 75 K with no free goodies, maybe i will be able to squeeze something more, what would be a good price for this set (Samsung 50C550), Also i was reading about some thing about a buzzing sound in plasmas, is that a reality, also some stuff about the black level

"The c550 does pretty well, but not perfect with the color gamut. Its comparable to standard mode in the G. Its definitely watchable in movie mode. The black levels actually improve when you go from dynamic to movie mode. I would have no problem getting the c550, especially if you never watched it in THX mode."

Buzzing issue
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18309596
SHould I be worried ???

The issue was with 2009 models.

Are you sure?

Yes apparently around 50% of people who have bought the new sammy models have complained of the buzzing sound, while 50% either don't recognise it or don't feel it as an impediment, but the buzz is still there, and some models are making more than the others, so i would advise you to be extra vigilant and hope that u get a non buzzer, but the truth is that the buzz is still there ...:sad: It's so sad first the panny plasmas and now sammy also couldn't fix their sh1t !!!

This makes it a 50/50 chance that you will or will not get a buzzer, looks like a bad year for plasmas .

Last edited:
Yes apparently around 50% of people who have bought the new sammy models have complained of the buzzing sound, while 50% either don't recognise it or don't feel it as an impediment, but the buzz is still there, and some models are making more than the others, so i would advise you to be extra vigilant and hope that u get a non buzzer, but the truth is that the buzz is still there ...:sad: It's so sad first the panny plasmas and now sammy also couldn't fix their sh1t !!!

The best thing would be to try playing some blu ray discs at the showroom, and observe it ourselves. If the buzz is too much for me to handle, I'm damn sure I will look for some other plasma's or maybe even an LCD. There's no way I'd pay 80K being full aware I'd have to deal with such annoyance.

Last edited:
A review of the C650 LCD has been posted by David at HDTVTest.co.uk. Looks good other than 45 ms input lag and some minor undefeatable smoothening. The measured black level is particularly impressive at 0.03 cd/m2.

As a comparison, here are the black levels of various TVs reviewed at this (highly respected) site over the last yr or so.

Plasmas (before the black level rise)
V10 0.04 cd/m2
G10 0.03 cd/m2
G20 0.02 cd/m2
S20 - 0.02 cd/m2

LCD
D25 0.17 cd/m2
S20 0.17 cd/m2
EX403 0.06 cd/m2
8404H 0.09 cd/m2
Z5500 0.06 cd/m2

LED
SL9500 0.15 cd/m2
SV685D <0.01 cd/m2
B8000 0.01 cd/m2
LE700E 0.07 cd/m2

These figures suggest that C650's calibrated black level is miles ahead of almost all LCDs, at par with or better than almost all plasmas (except Pioneer Kuros and G20/V20 before their black levels rise) and even better than some of the dimming LEDs.

On avsforum, D-Nices calibrated black level for G20 started at 0.007 fl (~0.022 cd/m2) and after 375 hrs was 0.00095 fl (~0.03 cd/m2). For the V25, the starting level measured by him is 0.00048 ftl (~0.015 cd/m2). Even with a two-fold increase (instead of the 3 fold predicted by D-Nice), these could become more than the C650 LCD.

With Samsung/LG plasmas having poorer black levels as compared to the Panasonics to begin with, is it the end of the world for Plasma (Dark Room) Black Level Supremacy (though they'd still retain some other advantages such as motion handling and low lag)?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back