Price list for new 2010 samsung LCD TVs.

Well apparently it is still there in the 2010 moels, even after samsung made it public that they were gonna fix this problem, the problem has continued with the 2010 models. :sad:
Considering that TV has a cracked screen, it is hardly a good sample of the product line. The buzz could have been caused by whatever damage caused the cracked screen.

I too have hard that some of the Samsung 2010 Plasmas still have that buzz sound.
Maybe so and there very well may be a buzzing sound. But, what one hears in this video, is waaaay more that what one would term as a buzzing sound. I find it very hard to believe that any manufacturer would sell a product in the market that produces such a noise. Who would buy it? Why would anyone keep it and not return it? In any case, a TV with a cracked screen cannot be used to judge a product.

Maybe so and there very well may be a buzzing sound. But, what one hears in this video, is waaaay more that what one would term as a buzzing sound. I find it very hard to believe that any manufacturer would sell a product in the market that produces such a noise. Who would buy it? Why would anyone keep it and not return it? In any case, a TV with a cracked screen cannot be used to judge a product.

I understand, but I really hope I don't have to deal with these headaches. I have already picked my choice after a lot of research and I don't want to go through all of this again to find another suitable one.

okar fair enough that was a cracked set here is another video of the apparent buzz in the new 2010 model c8600 and this one is not broken, fresh out of the box, be sure to crank up ur speakers volume, u can hear the buzz, especially when he mutes and then unmutes the set, and don't blame it on the camera mic when the guy gets up at the end, every slight sound made is captured by the camera mic, so that hissing buzzing sound is definately the buzzer. Hell if it gets picked up on the camera wonder what it will be in person.

YouTube - 00021.MTS

Last edited:
At AVSforums the survey has showed that one has a 50/50 chance of getting abuzzer or a non buzzer, i would suggest all to be extra vigilant while checking out these sets, stand in front of the set and if u have to bend ur knees a little just so that ur ears are at par with the speakers and the screen and not above it, cos in a store there are other noices as well, so one might not be able to catch it, but since the buzz is again a directional kind u will definitely hear it if standing just dead centre and at the appropriate listening level, in home although since the noise levels are not that much it will be audible either ways, it has been noted to be at 60dB when standing in exact centre, and a decrease of 4db when u move around, so hearing it in the store, the best chance u will have is when u position yourself accurately and tell the dealer that if the set buzzez later u will take it back and want the set replaced, it's better to talk to him beforehand, otherwise seeing as indian dealers are, they won't take it back, it's a 50 50 chance that u might get a non buzzer but apparently the issue has not been settled in the new sets as well

Last edited:
preet.. But the customers will not be buying the ones on display.

What if the displayed one does not have a buzzing sound but the one they send you does?

I think potential buyers need to keep this handy and let the dealer know before making any deal!

preet.. But the customers will not be buying the ones on display.

What if the displayed one does not have a buzzing sound but the one they send you does?

I think potential buyers need to keep this handy and let the dealer know before making any deal!

Yes absolutly u have to tell the dealer that u are aware of this issue that persists and apparently it has made it's way in the new models as well, keep yourself on the safe side, cos some are buzzers and some are not, don't know why that is ?

It's simple - you tell the dealer beforehand that you'll buy the piece only if it doesn't emit the buzz sound. If it does, you ain't buying it. The dealer opens a new sealed pack, and it doesn't give any hassles, fine. But if it does, there's no way you'll be buying that. There's nothing any dealer in the world can do about it.

Last edited:
okar fair enough that was a cracked set here is another video of the apparent buzz in the new 2010 model c8600 and this one is not broken, fresh out of the box, be sure to crank up ur speakers volume, u can hear the buzz, especially when he mutes and then unmutes the set, and don't blame it on the camera mic when the guy gets up at the end, every slight sound made is captured by the camera mic, so that hissing buzzing sound is definately the buzzer. Hell if it gets picked up on the camera wonder what it will be in person.

YouTube - 00021.MTS

I think the hissing sound in this video is the sound of the aircraft. I mean some of it is filmed inside the cockpit. It's inconclusive really because of that.

Well to be really honest we can debate over this for hours without any conclusive results, the best thing to do is to keep the buzz at the back of your mind while purchasing the new series and don't get carried away, and that what is the whole point of a forum and a discussion, apparently many people who have bought the new sets have complained of the buzz and some have not. but the main thing here is to keep this in perspective and check the set thoroughly as well keep a safe side to your investment by communicating beforehand with the dealer, rather than getting into useless hassles later on. i think that is the only sensible thing and the only option a person has as of this moment.

It's simple - you tell the dealer beforehand that you'll buy the piece only if it doesn't emit the buzz sound. If it does, you ain't buying it. The dealer opens a new sealed pack, and it doesn't give any hassles, fine. But if it does, there's no way you'll be buying that. There's nothing any dealer in the world can do about it.

They sure can do something..
Ask you to get out! :eek:hyeah:

Nowadays.. I find the sales guys very friendly almost everywhere.. sometimes a bit too friendly!

No chance of them kicking a potential customer out!

Nowadays.. I find the sales guys very friendly almost everywhere.. sometimes a bit too friendly!

No chance of them kicking a potential customer out!

Forget about kicking out a potential customer, even a little bit of disrespect/rude behavior towards a customer and they'll be fired from their jobs, provided you take the matter to the owner.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back