Primephonic Western Classical Music App

cooltoad

Used this to get Primephonic lossless for 59.00 pm,
pretty good deal, lossless classical @ affordable price.

Though I have Tidal, this costs almost nothing, so wanted to give it a try.

Any information on when does this offer end?

Any information on when does this offer end?
No idea, Tidal sucks with classical, so just subscribed.

Right now listening to

Thanks. Useful offer - subscribed.

Primephonic is such a well-designed app! The various ways in which you can access movement, work, composer, conductor, ensemble… is so relevant and necessary in following western classical music! This is a good example of a purposeful niche player understanding their business and customers well and designing their offerings accordingly. I doubt Apple/YouTube would ever get to that level of granularity which is particularly relevant for classical music. So these guys will continue to have a secured customer following as long as they remain on top of their game.

How I wish someone came up with a similar app for Hindustani classical music. For example one can similarly index/tag by That, Raga, Bandish, Prahar, Taal, Laya, Sub-genre, artists, et al. And provide clickable information of many of these.

Tried their ‘Albums featuring Maestro’ section. It’s accompanied by a listening guide that runs at its leisurely speed. It helps get a deeper appreciation of the movement and the artist you are listening to. THIS is what one misses with the mass streaming apps - depth!

Tried their ‘Albums featuring Maestro’ section. It’s accompanied by a listening guide that runs at its leisurely speed. It helps get a deeper appreciation of the movement and the artist you are listening to. THIS is what one misses with the mass streaming apps - depth!
Listening to a symphony with the guide ( otherwise difficult) is an enriching , rewarding experience.

Primephonic is such a well-designed app! The various ways in which you can access movement, work, composer, conductor, ensemble… is so relevant and necessary in following western classical music! This is a good example of a purposeful niche player understanding their business and customers well and designing their offerings accordingly.

Thanks for the Primephonic recommendation.
Have signed up for the 14 day free trial.

Has anyone tried to download? I have some issues with it.It takes forever to download an album, same album is downloaded in a couple of minutes on Tidal.(both on IPad).

I
Has anyone tried to download? I have some issues with it.It takes forever to download an album, same album is downloaded in a couple of minutes on Tidal.(both on IPad).
I downloaded a 7 min long 24 bit 96 kHz file. It took me about 30 secs and played fine afterwards (disconnected wifi to check).

Thanks for the recommendation and the offer. I've signed up for a year.

I am discovering that Primephonic also has quite a few Indian classical (Hindustani as well as Carnatic) albums, especially international releases. It’s nice listening to these because Primephonic maintains the dynamic range in the recording. I hope they continue to add more albums and make it a preferred app for fans of not just western, but Indian classical too.

Thanks for the share. Just registered. Unfortunately, I can't find any way to stream this to my streamer which runs DTS PlayFi. Any workaround?

I am discovering that Primephonic also has quite a few Indian classical (Hindustani as well as Carnatic) albums, especially international releases. It’s nice listening to these because Primephonic maintains the dynamic range in the recording. I hope they continue to add more albums and make it a preferred app for fans of not just western, but Indian classical too.
I don’t see more than a handful of albums. How many albums your search is showing?

I don’t see more than a handful of albums. How many albums your search is showing?
What are you searching on? Don’t search ‘Hindustani’. Try searching ‘Raga’, you’d get quite a few. But preferably search by name of the artist. So for example, ‘Jayateerth Mevundi’ showed up four albums.

Unable to stream at 24/96/192 on iOS and volumio (only getting 16/44.1) and on android no way to stream. Hires working only on desktop. Any one tried?

Unable to stream at 24/96/192 on iOS and volumio (only getting 16/44.1) and on android no way to stream. Hires working only on desktop. Any one tried?
Yes they are aware of this and acknowledge the limitations on their current infrastructure. The only way to get hires is to play on a browser or on the app.

I am able to play HiRes files on iPhone app while chromecasting to Cambridge CXN.

CD148F8C-F643-4FFE-AED1-579BB5BE2A80.jpg
F98E185C-E994-415D-8D2B-820335254532.jpeg

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back