Problem with marantz CD 63 mkii KI version

Aldrin

I am having a marantz CD 63 mkii ki CD player , which is having some issues in reading disc. Changed the laser but no use, same issue continues. In service mode it's showing error 10, which refers to radial errror. Anybody have any idea regarding that radial error?
Also the player is randomly detecting CDs and playing. But once it detects it plays without fault.
In service mode also it's playing CDs.
Is it good to play cds in service mode?
Kindly share ur ideas.
Thanks
Aldrin

I am having a marantz CD 63 mkii ki CD player , which is having some issues in reading disc. Changed the laser but no use, same issue continues. In service mode it's showing error 10, which refers to radial errror. Anybody have any idea regarding that radial error?
Also the player is randomly detecting CDs and playing. But once it detects it plays without fault.
In service mode also it's playing CDs.
Is it good to play cds in service mode?
Kindly share ur ideas.
Thanks
Aldrin
Sometimes a adjustment is required for laser current .
This is controlled by a potentiometer, suggest to take it to a good technician to get this checked .
You would need to check for lens focus offset as well, if in case a potentiometer is present for this particular model.

This looks better explanation.

My CD player uses Philips CDM 12.1 laser assembly. Five years back it gave problems. I inquired with Philips India , they said not carrying stock, it's discontinued , Then purchased unit from one Lamington road shop , but that didn't work. They say it's all from China , or rejected units which are resold . Don't know. Then I got one unit from eBay, from China , paid aboy USD 40-50 I guess. That unit is not fitted on my CD player and it has been working fine for 5 years .
Though I am having problem with the rubber belt of tray mechanism. I need to replace the belt. Still looking for a suitable belt.

The part you need to buy is
CD laser assembly Phillips part no. VAM 1202/12 , it has 12 pins .Made in China.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back