Problem with Marantz SA 7001

mayukh80

Hello Folks,

I had problem with my existing Marantz SA 7001.

First it was not able to read properly. Got it checked by a local service provided and he changed the laser head.

It was running fine for a month.

Now i can detect that there are minuscule interruption during playback.

Help me out of this !!

One month is too early for the lens to fail again. Do try using a lens cleaning CD.
It’s possible that the service center might’ve just recalibrated the lens and not replaced it.

thanks for the input.

Would you suggest a good cleaner?

I didnt try till date and confused to choose one.

Was the while lens unit changed or just the laser, I don't know if the latter is possible.

Change the whole lens unit, that comes with motor etc. This way motor and lens would be aligned to work in sync. CD player is one complex unit with lot of synchronisation, if it's not, lens wouldn't be able to read information correctly...

Sony unit comes for around 2500, all players use Sony transport..

thanks mate !!
will get back after the cleaning process.
I cleaned the lens head with a cd cleaner. Followed the steps. At the end, the volume on both speakers were checked by the cleaner and completed the process.
The trouble starts from here.
The CDP is playing but no sound is coming.
I checked the IC etc. but still status quo.

I cleaned the lens head with a cd cleaner. Followed the steps. At the end, the volume on both speakers were checked by the cleaner and completed the process.
The trouble starts from here.
The CDP is playing but no sound is coming.
I checked the IC etc. but still status quo.
Did you check with another source connected to same amp input using same set of ICs? Since you mentioned that player is working, you mean display is reading the time stamp while playing CDs without getting stuck?

Did you check with another source connected to same amp input using same set of ICs? Since you mentioned that player is working, you mean display is reading the time stamp while playing CDs without getting stuck?
The problem started after i ejected the cd cleaner and inserted a music cd.
The display is reading the time elapsed without any hiccups.
Unfortunately i dont have another source .

The problem started after i ejected the cd cleaner and inserted a music cd.
The display is reading the time elapsed without any hiccups.
Unfortunately i dont have another source .
Do try a different input on the amp. Looks like you might’ve to take it to service center near you

Connect ICs to a different input on amp.
If CD player has a headphone output, do check if you’re getting audio from it
The L-R output of the CDP is not functioning.
Today the remote is not responding too. Sounds a bit spooky.
Have handed over to a service centre today.
Btw got a deal for CA 740a amp. The seller is ready to trade for 15k + my existing CA 540 A.
What do you say?

The L-R output of the CDP is not functioning.
Today the remote is not responding too. Sounds a bit spooky.
Have handed over to a service centre today.
Btw got a deal for CA 740a amp. The seller is ready to trade for 15k + my existing CA 540 A.
What do you say?
Ok, good. Hope they repair it well this time :)
Are you trading the amp in for more power? Do try posting it here for sale to get a sense of the market value before committing.

Ok, good. Hope they repair it well this time :)
Are you trading the amp in for more power? Do try posting it here for sale to get a sense of the market value before committing.
Got a call from the service guy. One of the transistor gone bad & they have replaced. Will call me to check in their auditon room.
Help me on this.... he is ready to trade the CA 740 A at 12K after hard bargain. I have to give my 540A. Told me to auditon with my SA7001.
What would you suggest .

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back