Problem with Marantz SA 7001

It could be a design difference from the manufacturer. In the lower end models like 540A they adopt a linear scale and higher end ones like this it must be a non linear scale.
In a non linear scale, you get more control in the lower part of the curve. So no need to worry, at -22dB you have lot of headroom to go. Enjoy the music!
You can always ask the dealer if this is normal with this particular model, if his answers are not reassuring, you can return them
I asked the dealer and he said what you explained in your last reply.

this is normal as you go for high end models ....that's what is called as avoiding distortion even at high volumes , clean sound etc ...i have the same experience between Marantz PM7001 , 8005 vs PM11S2 . You will get used to it

this is normal as you go for high end models ....that's what is called as avoiding distortion even at high volumes , clean sound etc ...i have the same experience between Marantz PM7001 , 8005 vs PM11S2 . You will get used to it

I am now preparing to add a network player since i have huge collection if FLAC files and Apple lossless would ensure that i play a wide range of genres from digital archive.

Can you suggest some models to suit the CA 740 A.

Fast check
1. 540 A at 40% volume - feel is great
2. 740 A at -37dB (graphical display equiv to 40%) -sound is feeble and low
I dont know if i am talking sense.
The feel starts at -22dB (60% of the vol dial of 540A).

Whats your say?

No need to worry. If the 740 plays to your desired volume at some volume knob setting without clipping/distorting, you're fine. Volume pots do behave differently. You should worry if volume gets too loud at very low setting (say at 8 o'clock, 6 o'clock being zero).

No need to worry. If the 740 plays to your desired volume at some volume knob setting without clipping/distorting, you're fine. Volume pots do behave differently. You should worry if volume gets too loud at very low setting (say at 8 o'clock, 6 o'clock being zero).

Fortunately its not like that. An awesome member @sandeepss explained the working of volume curve in higher models. Thats was an eye opener.

Did you check with another source connected to same amp input using same set of ICs? Since you mentioned that player is working, you mean display is reading the time stamp while playing CDs without getting stuck?
Hello,
Hope you are doing well.
After an awesome month of rich listening, the CDP started showing problem. Sent it to the same service guy who informed me that the “DMB card which is a small PCB” has gone kaput!! So spare parts are available.
Unfortunately the authorised service centre of Marantz in Delhi has closed down.
The service guy told me to run with an external convertor which I am not ready to do.
What is your say on this?

Hello,
Hope you are doing well.
After an awesome month of rich listening, the CDP started showing problem. Sent it to the same service guy who informed me that the “DMB card which is a small PCB” has gone kaput!! So spare parts are available.
Unfortunately the authorised service centre of Marantz in Delhi has closed down.
The service guy told me to run with an external convertor which I am not ready to do.
What is your say on this?
Hi, If you don't mind sending it to Marantz service center in Mumbai, they can get it done. You can try alternate addresses from this link, near you. Just have a word with them on the part availability and cost, prior to sending. I had availed their service once for amp, and found them to be quite professional.
Since in our earlier conversation you had mentioned about getting a network player with DAC, you can use that as a source instead of this CD player as most of your music is in hard drive/streaming. There was a NA6005 for sale in this forum by a member from Delhi. You can check with him if it is still available and have an audition.

Hi, If you don't mind sending it to Marantz service center in Mumbai, they can get it done. You can try alternate addresses from this link, near you. Just have a word with them on the part availability and cost, prior to sending. I had availed their service once for amp, and found them to be quite professional.
Since in our earlier conversation you had mentioned about getting a network player with DAC, you can use that as a source instead of this CD player as most of your music is in hard drive/streaming. There was a NA6005 for sale in this forum by a member from Delhi. You can check with him if it is still available and have an audition.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am faced with a dilemma. I have tons of cd’s also in my collection which will be useless if i get only a network player.

As you suggested, let me call up their Mumbai office first.
Hope for the best

Thanks for your suggestion. I am faced with a dilemma. I have tons of cd’s also in my collection which will be useless if i get only a network player.

As you suggested, let me call up their Mumbai office first.
Hope for the best
I ended up ripping all the CDs to hard disk using EAC and iTunes after I my CD player was giving constant issues with reading them. So now more or less I use mainly from USB, till I buy a network player and quite happy with the results.

I ended up ripping all the CDs to hard disk using EAC and iTunes after I my CD player was giving constant issues with reading them. So now more or less I use mainly from USB, till I buy a network player and quite happy with the results.
The CDP is dead for the last 5 months now. so i am ready to roll up my sleeves for a hunt of cdp & streamer . Whats your advise!

Hello Folks,

I had problem with my existing Marantz SA 7001.

First it was not able to read properly. Got it checked by a local service provided and he changed the laser head.

It was running fine for a month.

Now i can detect that there are minuscule interruption during playback.

Help me out of this !!

I exited using Marantz cd players as most of the replacement laser transports available (even though some claim to be authentic Philips replacements) are essentially cheap Chinese ones. They'll last for about a month and the same issues will return.

I exited using Marantz cd players as most of the replacement laser transports available (even though some claim to be authentic Philips replacements) are essentially cheap Chinese ones. They'll last for about a month and the same issues will return.
I fully agree with you on the service part. But doesn't this hold good for most of the brands which have NO service facilities in India??

Now coming to the second point. Where do I look for then?? I have started scouting for a CDP with wireless streaming and the only option available are Marantz SA 8005 or NA 8006.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back