problem with Marantz SR 6009

ankitbhargava

Hello everyone
Just discovered this evening that while powering on the receiver (Marantz 6009) I do not see any LED and there is no sound or Video from Reciever.
Here are the steps taken so far

1. I powered on Receiver, before powering on I could see ORANGE Led and after pressing power button there was no LED, no sound and no video.
Something strange here was when I see Orange light, I could see Video but no sound. I could also see source name on display.

2. I setup chat with Marantz support online which got me reset the unit and try out power cycle. Outcome, now I see RED LED before power on and NO led after pressing power button. Now there is no sound and the video is also gone :-D

3. Marantz support asked to see a service center

Please advise if there is a way to understand the problem?
I am still doubtful that it could be a temporary problem.

Thank to the masters in advance :)

Just for additional information,
My Video is Projector connected via 40 feet long HDMI cable and my source is Apple TV and Chromecast directly plugged to Receiver.

Hi,

That is a weird issue. Did you try unplugging all Sources, Speaker connections and then try resetting it? Did that make a difference? When you switch on the receiver from Stand By (Red/Orange led near power button lit), do you hear clicks after that? Could you shoot a short video to show what is happening?

MaSh

Hi,

That is a weird issue. Did you try unplugging all Sources, Speaker connections and then try resetting it? Did that make a difference? When you switch on the receiver from Stand By (Red/Orange led near power button lit), do you hear clicks after that? Could you shoot a short video to show what is happening?

MaSh
1. Yes I tried unplugging all sources, tried after removing speaker connections. No change
2. Yes I do hear the clicks
3. Ok sure, I will shoot that and upload. Shall share soon

Last edited:
Another update,
I spoke to service incharge at MZAudio (Marantz support) and I was asked to hard reset by Preset Ch +/- and power button. This di not work too. The incharge asked a couple more questions like if I could see any display while connecting to TVand pressing setup button (I do not see any display).

He told me that most probably the software is corrupt and the board MIGHT need to be replaced. :-/

I did not attempt any update though

I have been asked to send unit to Mumbai and I am really scared of sending by a courier service.

Could anyone help with downloading the latest Firmware for Marantz SR 6009?
Had been trying to download from Marantz.eu link but it only accepts EU unit serial numbers.

I want to try updating firmware via USB ones

Please check what is the update about and if it really applies....will it make huge difference...wrong updates can BRICK lock the AVR

Not taking any risks, shall send the Unit for repair
Any help with a reliable contact in Delhi to do it?

Yes if you have someone in Delhi, nothing like it. You could easily drive down to Delhi and hand over the receiver personally to the service guys.

I could be driving to Jaipur/Kota sometime in Feb.

MaSh

Yes if you have someone in Delhi, nothing like it. You could easily drive down to Delhi and hand over the receiver personally to the service guys.

I could be driving to Jaipur/Kota sometime in Feb.

MaSh
Any suggested contact in Delhi?

I am based out of Udaipur, let me know if you are traveling this part.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back