projector from us within 350 usd

prosenjit

Dear team
one of my friend is returning from us and is very interested to buy a projector.
budget 350 usd maximum.
purpose-movies only..not for presentation
720p or hdmi or 3d is not priyotity.
best picture (color/contrast only as resolution is already not a priority) possible within that budget is the only criteria.
vga port is mandatory.
new wanted not used.
please mention the models within 350 usd dlp/lcd....
I was checking infocus IN 112 at around 325 usd....is it a good buy?

thank you all.

Last edited:
infocus IN 112 has a native resolution of 800x600... Not good at all for movie viewing... Pls try & extend ur budget to $420 for the Acer 5360 which is a true 720p(1280x720) projector... A couple of FMs own the 5360 & are very happy with its performance :) ...

I had posted similar questions in couple of posts few days back. On Amazon both teh Acer and Optoma 65D have good reviews. However for 3D one needs to invest in some nvidia stuff... seems that will take the price higher.

Is it possible to get a projector to display passive 3d which we can view with cheap glasses? Thx

I dont think there is any projector available with Passive glasses... All need active glasses as far as I know... These projectors can be made to become 3D but is needs an investment of another $300 for a convertor box plus glasses... Not worth it... If anyone really wants a cheap 3D projector then w8 for a deal on the Optoma GT700 or GT720... But even then the projector plus 2 3D glasses will go in the $700-800 range... Better to stick with 2D for now as coz as far as I can see 3D in its present form is not of a fade than a real utility & 90-99% of the time u will end up watching a movie in 2D even on a 3D projector...

hi 325 dollars for IN112 is costlier as it is available in 23k in India with warranty. Also as rightly pointed by rajdeep its SVGA resolutoution which is outdated. Also let me tell you the projectors in this range are 3D ready. You cannot watch a 3D DVD player in these projectors.you can only use it with CPU high end with quadro graphic card so practically for home use 3d is no in these projectors (3d Ready Projectors)

thank you all specially rajadeep.. my friend bought the acer 5360 with 450 usd from some local electronic mall from the hotel he is staying....he did not compare the online prices etc.....anyway he is quite happy.

thank you all for all infos.

thank you all specially rajadeep.. my friend bought the acer 5360 with 450 usd from some local electronic mall from the hotel he is staying....he did not compare the online prices etc.....anyway he is quite happy.

thank you all for all infos.

Thats a very good price..it was on sale on newegg for 420 but they seem to have ran out of stock...congrats and let us know how is the picture quality and whether its meeting your needs

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back