projector recommendation

gcr

Hi members,

I'm planning to buy one of the following projector from US this month.

1) Epson HC 2000 @ $600
2) Optoma HD141X @ $600

3) Acer H5380BD @ ~$450 (because of huge fans of its predecessor H5370BD)

I know its LCD vs DLP. I don't know whether i'm sensitive to rainbows.

I've been eyeing on Acer H5370BD and epson HC2000 last year, but it didn't worked out. (720p vs 1080p).

Which one should I go for? Or any other suggestions.. (to confuse more.. :eek:hyeah:)

And one more thing..
I need a media player too.

KDLINKS HD700
Keedox Amlogic s802
Micca MPLAY-HD

regards
girish:)

IMO, all the models you mentioned will do justice at their price point. If I am in your situation I will definitely go for Full HD one. Optoma HD141x has equally good reviews in the forum :)

IMO, all the models you mentioned will do justice at their price point. If I am in your situation I will definitely go for Full HD one. Optoma HD141x has equally good reviews in the forum :)

yup. had gone through that thread, that is why its included in my list.
But, Epson has 2 years warranty, though, it will not honor international warranty. so partiality towards epson.
cannot convince my mind.

You can go with Epson 2030 model which is an upgraded version of Epson 2000. It is 300 lumens more compared to Epson 2000.

You can go with Epson 2030 model which is an upgraded version of Epson 2000. It is 300 lumens more compared to Epson 2000.

Epson 2030 will be out of my budget. 200 lumens more than Epson 2000.
Actually i was looking for acer H5380BD. Its prices gone high. Not much price difference with epson, optoma. Now i fixed my budget at ~ $600.
Which one will be my first projector? :rolleyes:

regards

Personally, I would check out the Optoma HD26 instead of the 141.

Of the lot, I prefer the Epson 2000, probably would be my choice too later this year.

Few reasons -
1. Trust Epson brand more
2. In a dark room, 2000 would give enough lumens
3. Replacement bulbs are fairly cheap

The HD26 is quieter but the bulbs are costlier. I have seen the 25 in action and didnt see any rainbow effects.

Plus the 3d glasses are lighter. There is a good review by Sam9 of the same.

Love my Acer H5380BD. Highly recommend! I was on the fence with 720 but it looks just great. Don't hesitate for the price and 3000 lumens it's a steal. I was never into 3D till I got the acer and boy am I enjoying it. :) This review sealed it for me: The Best $500 Projector | The Wirecutter

thanks afterlife2 for the link.
I saw the pictures in your thread. 100+ pages of acer h5370 (encyclopedia) in here made me to think - why cant i own projector. Last year, i had finalized on H5380, but the plans didn't work out. But now, price of epson 2000 and optoma hd141x made the confusion.:rolleyes:

regards

Projector Central and AVS forum are good places to look for user reviews.

Thanks GeorgeO, I gone through them earlier. but not much reviews for Epson 2000. By next week i have to finalize.

Personally, I would check out the Optoma HD26 instead of the 141.

Of the lot, I prefer the Epson 2000, probably would be my choice too later this year.

Few reasons -
1. Trust Epson brand more
2. In a dark room, 2000 would give enough lumens
3. Replacement bulbs are fairly cheap

The HD26 is quieter but the bulbs are costlier. I have seen the 25 in action and didnt see any rainbow effects.

Plus the 3d glasses are lighter. There is a good review by Sam9 of the same.

You read my mind,
reason 4. hope Samsung SSG-5150GB (low price) will be compatible with epson 2000.

regards

I am also planning to buy new projector but I am in same confusion as you are. :) I have been doing lot of research lately on projectors and I am keep on going back and forth on following projectors,

1> Benq w1070
2> Epson 2000
3> Benq MW526
4> LG PG60G

While the first 2 are full hd, the next 2 are only HD ready(WXGA). Benq w1070 from Amazon costs around 60K (with shipping and duties), Epson 2000 50K from Amazon, LG PG60G 28K from NewEgg. And all these 3 will come without Indian warranty. However Benq MW526 is available on ebay for around 38K and it comes with 2 year Benq India warranty. This model is very similar to Acer H5380BD in every regards. It has also got very good reviews on Amazom.com, Amazon uk and on some European sites and forums (I read them through Google Translate).

The problem is I am not sure if I am susceptible to rainbows. So buying MW526 will be a gamble for me. While w1070 and LG one are also DLP, the w1070 has got faster 6 speed color wheel which minimizes the rainbow and LG one is LED so chance of seeing rainbow is very less. Also LG one doesn't use lamp so there won't be any cases of Dust blob or any such issues. LG one is also the cheapest WXGA projector available and having best build quality out of these 4. But you can only use it in total dark environment as it has got only 500 lumen (and only around 350 when calibrated and in Eco mode).

The Epson 2000 is a great allrounder however it has got poor black and contrast ratio. I have seen some videos of comparison of Epson 2000 with some other DLP projectors like w1070 and Optomas and Epson doesn't quite hold up. However with some color calibration and good screen the black and sharpness can be improved.

So you see how confusing it is to decide the best projector. :)

Personally I wouldn't go for Optoma because most of the Optoma's models are not available in India, their Indian website is crap/non-functional, and their customer service is like non-existent. So if you get into any problem with your projector then you will be in big trouble. With Epson, Benq and LG you are atleast sure of getting proper domestic (paid) support directly from company itself.

I am sorry I meant LG pb60g in my last post. It is currently available for $360 on NewEgg but its price fluctuates and it often goes down to $300. So it comes to around 28K INR with shipping and import duty.

Hi,
Finally booked Acer H5380BD. Delivery by this weekend. Now the waiting is........ I will get only by next month. Thanks all:clapping:.

regards
Girish:)

@deepbluesky,
I bought from b&h. Once i receive it,will post photos. and what about yours? Did you finalize?

regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back