PS3 as CD Player - Connections???

riteshmadhok

Need to play Audio CD from the PS3 via my amp using Analogue connection, can see any analogue out on the rear of the PS3. Is it possible?

there will be an Analog PS3 cable in the box .. heres how the cable will look ..

PS123rcaCable_LG.jpg

Every PS3 comes packed with a basic composite cable, which is the one shown in the picture above. Check your box. It should be there. If it isn't, I think you can get a replacement cable (Sony or some other 3rd-party branded).

Need to play Audio CD from the PS3 via my amp using Analogue connection, can see any analogue out on the rear of the PS3. Is it possible?

You can get a spare AV cord in shops that sell PS3 accessories. Original ones are not cheap. If you invest a little more money, you can buy a decent cd/dvd player and have a better cd sound + lesser usage of your ps3 player for mere audio purpose. IMHO PS3 is not a great cd player. PS3 plays Blu-ray fine.

It is good that you decided to buy CD player than trying PS3 with the cable came along with it .

I tried PS3 as source connected to CA 851 as well as Denon 3312 proved it is the worst way one can screw-up music quality. Even a basic mobile phone as source will perform better.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back