Ps3 audio problem after 3.40 update

santanusinha

Hi,
I have the PS3 hooked up to an Onkyo HTR-340 AVR (part of the HTS3100 HTiB) using an optical fiber. The video goes to panasonic p42V20 HDTV. Everything was going okay until i updated to firmware 3.40. I did some messing around with the settings and have narrowed it down to the following.

Problem:
Audio CD/MP3/some DivX movie soundtrack (other than 48kHz) sound is not available from the PS3 under the following settings:

Audio Settings:
[Optical Fiber] - LPCM 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz and 176.4 kHz setting is on. So, the total ON set for the optical fiber link is DD 5.1, DTS 5.1, LPCM 44.1,88.2, 176.4 kHz (others may be .. of lower quality)

Music settings: Audio output frequency - 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz. Sound appears when this is set to 48kHz only. But, obviously the sound quality suffers due to this.

Current workaround: Un-check 176.4kHz capability of the optical fiber in Audio Settings.

If someone has a similar setup with an older firmware, can you please check whether you can get proper sound with 176.4 kHz on? If someone has the same setup and 3.40 firmware, are you facing the same problem?

I have talked to Sony CC, who mentioned that someone from "Technical Department" ;) would get in touch with me today. I will update once that is done.

- Santanu

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back