PS3 Blu-Ray Laser Goes Bad if you play pirated DVDs?

Now my question is that how come a Russian model being end up here in India?
Konfused, you are so lucky mate. I love Russian Models:licklips:. BTW, mine is a Hongkong model and can speak American only ;). I bought mine (new, Region A, Import) off ebay India before the slim was launched officially in India.

Mine is 99.99% 120 GB PS3 Slim.
My PS3 is 100% Fat free:yahoo:. Yours can be too, if you feed it 100% original licensed Blu-Rays and games.

Last edited:
Konfused, you are so lucky mate. I love Russian Models:licklips:. BTW, mine is a Hongkong model and can speak American only ;).

I too love Russian models and now taught her to speak English instead of Russian:yahoo: And Russians are big, not slim like Hongkong models, atleast during those days :lol:

As tempted as I am to say, yes pirated discs will damage your players laser, since I am against piracy, the fact......xxxxx

your bad sanjay. ur statement really messes up ur feelings.
correctly written it should be"As tempted as I am to say yes pirated discs will damage your players laser since I am against piracy,.....xxxxx"
this one indeed is a complex sentence and could have been written in easier format. i dont think u shd blame him to have misunderstood u there.
i am no proffesor , but sure, when all think, alike no one, thinks too much.:clapping:(correctly written it shd be"when all think alike, no one thinks too much." see the arth kaa anarth puncuations wrongly placed make. )

and hey, as far as pirated dvds available in market are concerned, yes the quality of transfer is bad from the original file, colors are washed , details lost due to high noise mostly in the theater prints and latest releases.
english movies and old hindi flicks are reasonably clear. all this difference is pronounced in large screen viewing so if u have big flat, or a projector, go for the best source material u can.

^^ I knew it actually :) , but thought not to reply on sanjay's statement "that I should read rearefully before reacting" Anyway........ Thanks for the clarification though....

Last edited:
I heard pirated DVDs will spoil ones eyesight! .... leads to macular degeneration etc etc ..:) Any takers for that? :D

Cheers

^^macular degeneration ....... that too for eyesight ...... That an innovative one Gobble :D

your bad sanjay. ur statement really messes up ur feelings.
correctly written it should be"As tempted as I am to say yes pirated discs will damage your players laser since I am against piracy,.....xxxxx"
this one indeed is a complex sentence and could have been written in easier format. i dont think u shd blame him to have misunderstood u there.
i am no proffesor , but sure, when all think, alike no one, thinks too much.:clapping:(correctly written it shd be"when all think alike, no one thinks too much." see the arth kaa anarth puncuations wrongly placed make. )
Before giving sermons on English grammar, it might be prudent, to first be fully well versed with the language. I too am not a professor and nor do I claim to be an expert in the English language. But even then the fact remains, that although there is atleast one punctuation error in my sentence, it is not grave enough to prevent anyone with even a reasonable level of comprehension to understand what I had stated. Also, it may not be the most ideally structured sentence and I could have split the thought into two sentences, only to make it simpler for the simple minded and those with poor comprehension skills, but it is still technically correct. As for your version of my sentence, I am sorry to say, it is totally incorrect and is what is referred to as, a run-on sentence. Your example, of how incorrect use of punctuation can change the meaning of a sentence, is also poorly chosen. For, the first sentence does not actually mean anything different, rather it is simply incorrect & incomprehensible. The following two sentences, would perhaps serve you better in making your point. "Roko, mat jaane do". "Roko mat, jaane do".

Furthermore, I would request you to read my original post again, but this time try not to get into the pedantics of the grammar. If in case you still cannot comprehend from it, that my answer to the OP's question was No, then I sincerely suggest that you go back to your school and demand that they refund your tuition fees. Hint: Focus on the words in bold.

As tempted as I am to say, yes pirated discs will damage your player's laser, since I am against piracy, the fact is there is absolutely NO reason, technical or otherwise, that a pirated disc could damage the laser of a player. That is, not unless the pirated disc is physically of very poor quality and actually has a chance of breeaking up inside the player.

PS: The player is a dumb machine and it has no way to know whether a disc is pirated or not.

PS: While you are on the job of grading people's posts for their grammar, I suggest you first look at your own. One could probably write a whole essay, on the number of spelling & grammar mistakes in your post. I too can find fault with and correct the language of your post, but I understand that this is the internet and not a language class. All that matters here, is for the majority to be able to comprehend the intended thought in a post.

^^ I knew it actually :) , but thought not to reply on sanjay's statement "that I should read rearefully before reacting"
What exactly, did you know? Why apologize, if you did not mean it? It's not like I was looking for or demanding one.

^^macular degeneration ....... that too for eyesight ...... That an innovative one Gobble :D
Nothing "innovative about it actually. What else would it be for, if not eyesight?

'Macular degeneration' aka 'Age related macular degeneration' is a medical condition, that results in a loss of vision in the center of the visual field because of damage to the retina. It usually affects older adults >50.

Last edited:
What exactly, did you know? Why apologize, if you did not mean it? It's not like I was looking for or demanding one.

What I knew was that the statement IS actuclly confusing, but did not make a hue and cry out of it as you did with that "HUGE" grammer lession .. :D. And I apologized because I meant. I do not do thing which I do not mean. You statement that "I should read carefully before reacting" came after my apologies, which then actually made think if I apologised to a geniune person....BTW

Last edited:
Nothing "innovative about it actually. What else would it be for, if not eyesight?

'Macular degeneration' aka 'Age related macular degeneration' is a medical condition, that results in a loss of vision in the center of the visual field because of damage to the retina. It usually affects older adults >50.

lol after that "HUGE" lesson of grammer I was expecting something like it, its better that you stop underestimating others pal, for your own good.

macule also stands for a discolored spot or area on the skin that is not elevated above the surface and is characteristic of certain conditions, such as smallpox, purpura, or roseolaa, which is what I though he meant.

Last edited:
hi pratters

a pirated DVd will definetly not have any effect on whichever player u use in terms of function ,there cud be issues with Pic hang up or dvd getting stuck or rarely breakage of the dvd (which is rare) i do see that u have an epson PJ , let me tell you that you are definetly wasting your bulb life on a pirated DVD + The SQ is pathetic it cud damage the drivers of spkrs @ loud levels coz of exagerrated frequencies which is often the case with pirated dvds

What I knew was that the statement IS actuclly confusing
First of all, there is absolutely nothing confusing about the statement. I am willing to bet, that more people than not, will be able to correctly comprehend what I have stated. If you find the statement confusing, it is due to your own limitations and not due to any fault with the statement.

but did not make a hue and cry out of it as you did with that "HUGE" grammer lession .. :D.
My remarks are a result of a prolonged string of posts by you, that seem to have a single point agenda. That of contradicting me, or to somehow out do me. As for the huge grammar lesson, my retort was simply in response to the 'sermon' started by 'entsurgeon' and which you so eagerly responded to, with the "I knew it actually" remark.

And I apologized because I meant. I do not do thing which I do not mean. You statement that "I should read carefully before reacting" came after my apologies, which then actually made think if I apologised to a geniune person....BTW
By following up the apology with a remark suggesting that you were not at fault to begin with, nullifies the apology. A conditional apology is no apology at all. Either you are, or you are not sorry. As for my suggestion, that "you should read more carefully before reacting", it is just good advice.

lol after that "HUGE" lesson of grammer I was expecting something like it, its better that you stop underestimating others pal, for your own good.
That would be, "lesson 'in' grammar". It's better that you start understanding your limitations, for your own good.

macule also stands for a spot or blotch, esp. on one's skin, which is what i meant.
Come again, how are "macule" and "macular degeneration" the same? Can they be inter-related? Yes, but definately not the same. "Macular degeneration" is always and only linked to eyesight. Thus making your statement, "macular degeneration ....... that too for eyesight ...... That an innovative one", totally inapropriate. You see, my suggestion that you should read more carefully before reacting, was not really misplaced.

First of all, there is absolutely nothing confusing about the statement. I am willing to bet, that more people than not, will be able to correctly comprehend what I have stated. If you find the statement confusing, it is due to your own limitations and not due to any fault with the statement.

Thats what you think, and atleast one post confirms my conviction......

My remarks are a result of a prolonged string of posts by you, that seem to have a single point agenda. That of contradicting me, or to somehow out do me. As for the huge grammar lesson, my retort was simply in response to the 'sermon' started by 'entsurgeon' and which you so eagerly responded to, with the "I knew it actually" remark.

Yea yea whatever .... :rolleyes: Good use of Thesaurus :D

By following up the apology with a remark suggesting that you were not at fault to begin with, nullifies the apology. A conditional apology is no apology at all. Either you are, or you are not sorry. As for my suggestion, that "you should read more carefully before reacting", it is just good advice.

My apology was that I misinterpreted the statement, which still stands correct, the statement itself was confusing is another thing though.

Last edited:
That would be, "lesson 'in' grammar". It's better that you start understanding your limitations, for your own good.

Cheezz man who is this guy....:rolleyes:

Every heard of "typo" ..... well ofcourse you havent.....

Come again, how are "macule" and "macular degeneration" the same? Can they be inter-related? Yes, but definately not the same. "Macular degeneration" is always and only linked to eyesight. Thus making your statement, "macular degeneration ....... that too for eyesight ...... That an innovative one", totally inapropriate. You see, my suggestion that you should read more carefully before reacting, was not really misplaced.

Actually they are.....Macula as word means a spot or blotch, esp. on one's skin, when used in Ophthalmology it is also used to refer macula lutea, a yellow spot. an irregularly oval, yellow-pigmented area on the central retina.

@ Sanjay0864 & Sam9s,

Take a rest guys!!! You 2 have been at each others throat for quite sometime! Since you too are located in Delhi/NCR, pls meet & sort things out over a couple of drinks....
If you 2 ever visit mumbai, drinks on me.....

Cheers & stay cool

Regards

Back