PS3/Linux OS

audiodelic

The plan is to buy a PS3 in the near future. Might go with the 80gb model purely for the 2 extra usb ports.

I plan to install on Linux on this machine and use it as a media center, semi computer, gaming machine and blur ray.
Here's the question which distro of linux? What are the pros and cons of each.

Ubuntu
OpenSuse

Is there any advantage to using Yellowdog over other distros?

satish

I use fedora(no windoze at all) and I am quite happy with it. THe upside is good support via the online community and the backing from Red Hat, which means you'll constantly receive your updates and stuff, repos will always be up, most developers package their software for fedora. The slight downside is that they're always on the bleeding edge.

From what I understand, ubuntu is also equally user friendly...

I use fedora(no windoze at all) and I am quite happy with it. THe upside is good support via the online community and the backing from Red Hat, which means you'll constantly receive your updates and stuff, repos will always be up, most developers package their software for fedora. The slight downside is that they're always on the bleeding edge.

From what I understand, ubuntu is also equally user friendly...

I use ubuntu hardy for my pc.
But specifically for the PS3 im leaning towards yellow dog.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back